Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JEREMY LAKE - 19 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Girlfriend's parents, police officers, Shannon Kepler and Gina Kepler - Tulsa, OK

Go down

JEREMY LAKE - 19 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Girlfriend's parents, police officers, Shannon Kepler and Gina Kepler - Tulsa, OK Empty JEREMY LAKE - 19 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Girlfriend's parents, police officers, Shannon Kepler and Gina Kepler - Tulsa, OK

Post by twinkletoes Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:26 am

Tulsa teen says her cop parents should ‘rot’ after their arrest for boyfriend's murder

Married Oklahoma cops were arrested the for the shooting death of their daughter’s boyfriend. Dad Shannon Kepler, a 24-year police veteran, accused of opening fire at the teenage boyfriend of his daughter, then firing on his own child.

BY Deborah Hastings

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 3:29 PM

JEREMY LAKE - 19 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Girlfriend's parents, police officers, Shannon Kepler and Gina Kepler - Tulsa, OK Lisa-kepler Tulsa World ‘I really hope they rot in prison for a very long time,’ says Lisa Kepler, whose cop parents are accused of killing her boyfriend right in front of her.  

The daughter of two Tulsa police officers turned in her parents, saying her dad shot her boyfriend to death in the street and then fired at her as she cowered behind a bush.

Her mother was in the passenger seat when her father got out of his car and started shooting, Lisa Kepler told police.

Shannon and Gina Kepler, both 24-year veterans of the Tulsa Police Department, were arrested late Tuesday after they turned themselves in while accompanied by an attorney, the Tulsa World reported.

A sobbing Lisa Kepler, 18, told local reporters, "I really hope they rot in prison for a very long time." She said she called police and reported the incident. "I turned my dad in," she said.

The body of Jeremy Lake, 19, was found in the street in front of his home, where he and Lisa Kepler had been living, police said.

According to the daughter, she and Lake were walking home when a black SUV pulled up and her dad got out, shouting at her.

"I walked away and Jeremy tried to introduce himself, and my dad shot him," KJRH-TV reported.

JEREMY LAKE - 19 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Girlfriend's parents, police officers, Shannon Kepler and Gina Kepler - Tulsa, OK Tulsa7n-3-web Facebook Jeremy Lake, 19, was shot to death in the street in front of his Tulsa home, according to police. His new girlfriend’s parents, both of them police officers, are accused in his death.  

Lisa Kepler said she ran behind a bush and hid after her father fired shots at her. Then he sped off, she said.

Dad Shannon Kepler, 54, is accused of first-degree murder and shooting with intent to kill. Mom Gina Kepler, 48, is accused of being an accessory to murder.

The daughter said her parents kicked her out of the house the week before and dropped her in front of the Tulsa Day Center for the Homeless. She met Lake there and they began dating. He offered her a place to stay at the home he shared with his aunt, she said.

JEREMY LAKE - 19 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Girlfriend's parents, police officers, Shannon Kepler and Gina Kepler - Tulsa, OK Tulsa-police-officers-arrested Shannon Kepler, a Tulsa cop, is accused of murdering his daughter’s boyfriend and of shooting at his own child.  

• JEREMY LAKE - 19 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Girlfriend's parents, police officers, Shannon Kepler and Gina Kepler - Tulsa, OK Imageprocessor?image=http%3A%2F%2Fassets.nydailynews.com%2Fpolopoly_fs%2F1.1894245.1407352114%21%2Fimg%2FhttpImage%2Flisa-keplerTulsparents, both cops, arrested in killing o...Two Tulsa parents, both cops, have been arrested in the shooting death of their daughter's boyfriend.

JEREMY LAKE - 19 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Girlfriend's parents, police officers, Shannon Kepler and Gina Kepler - Tulsa, OK Tulsa-police-officers-arrested
AP Tulsa Police Department Officer Gina Kepler is accused of being an accessory to murder for the shooting death of her daughter’s boyfriend.

The Keplers are being held without bail pending the filing of formal charges, police said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tulsparents-cops-arrested-killing-daughter-boyfriend-article-1.1894250
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

JEREMY LAKE - 19 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Girlfriend's parents, police officers, Shannon Kepler and Gina Kepler - Tulsa, OK Empty JEREMEY LAKE - 19 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Policeman, Shannon Kepler - Tulsa, OK

Post by twinkletoes Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:01 am

Officer Pleads Not Guilty in 19-Year-Old's Death

TULSA, Okla. — Aug 19, 2014, 1:23 PM ET
By JUSTIN JUOZAPAVICIUS Associated Press

JEREMY LAKE - 19 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Girlfriend's parents, police officers, Shannon Kepler and Gina Kepler - Tulsa, OK AP_logo_update_20130709

JEREMY LAKE - 19 yo (8/14) - / Charged: Girlfriend's parents, police officers, Shannon Kepler and Gina Kepler - Tulsa, OK _h170_w300_m6_otrue_lfalse
© AP Photo: Tulsa County Sheriff's Office

A Tulsa police officer on Tuesday pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in the off-duty shooting death of his daughter's boyfriend.

Shannon Kepler, a 24-year-veteran police officer, was charged Monday in the Aug. 5 death of 19-year-old Jeremey Lake. The longtime officer is also charged with one count of shooting with intent to kill because prosecutors say he also shot at his daughter.

The court entered the plea at an arraignment for Kepler and set a preliminary hearing for Oct. 22.

His wife, Gina Kepler, was arrested in the incident on a complaint of being an accessory after the fact of murder but she has not been charged because prosecutors say they don't have evidence to support a charge.

Gina Kepler's lawyer, Scott Troy, told reporters as they left the arraignment that she was "looking forward to her husband's exoneration."

Shannon Kepler's attorney, Richard O'Carroll, provided a statement lambasting prosecutors for the charges, saying "there is not one credible eyewitness to this event."

The Keplers "are solid folks" who "did everything they knew to protect their daughter," O'Carroll said. The daughter, Lisa Kepler, was among three sisters whom the Keplers adopted from a troubled home.

Prosecutor Steve Kunzweiler, the chief of the criminal division, said later Tuesday that it was "improper for any attorney to try and litigate their case in the media," and said the facts of the case spoke for themselves.

After the shooting, Lisa Kepler told a newspaper that her parents had kicked her out of their home and taken her to a nearby homeless shelter. The Associated Press has been unable to locate the daughter. She told the Tulsa World after Lake's death that she hoped her parents "rot in prison."

Shannon Kepler had been trying "to protect his daughter, who preferred to live in a high crime area than live in a home with rules prohibiting her from bringing men home at night, some of whom even broke into the Kepler home," O'Carroll's statement said.

"These people loved their daughter," O'Carroll added in brief remarks outside the courtroom.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-officer-charged-19-year-olds-death-25027831
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down