Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNNAMED BABY - 5 months (8/2014)/ Charged: Parents; Deshawn Fields Jr., and Ashley Harris - Montgomery AL

Go down

UNNAMED BABY - 5 months (8/2014)/ Charged: Parents; Deshawn Fields Jr., and Ashley Harris - Montgomery AL Empty UNNAMED BABY - 5 months (8/2014)/ Charged: Parents; Deshawn Fields Jr., and Ashley Harris - Montgomery AL

Post by mom_in_il Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:00 pm

Parents of abandoned 5-month-old arrested

Posted: Aug 07, 2014 5:37 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 08, 2014 11:51 AM CDT
By WSFA 12 News Staff

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police Department officials say the parents of an infant found abandoned Thursday afternoon have been arrested.

According to police, Deshawn Fields Jr., 18, and Ashley Harris, 26, have each been charged with one count each of contributing to the dependency of a child.

Sgt. Denise Barnes says Montgomery police officers and fire medics responded to the 3400 block of South Court shortly after 2 p.m. Thursday after receiving a report of an abandoned child. The baby was found unharmed in a car seat on the ground, according to Barnes.

The infant is now in the custody of the Department of Human Resources, and his parents are behind bars in the Montgomery County Detention Facility.

Montgomery resident Kennesha Richardson is the mother of 11-month-old twins and two older children. She says no matter the situation, a baby should never go without care.

"I almost broke down in tears to think that someone would do that to a child, I mean a baby, a defenseless baby. That was very sad and sickening to me," Richardson said. "It could get hard at times, but you have places to take kids, you just don't have to neglect them."
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down