Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNNAMED CHILDREN - ages undisclosed (1990s) - / Convicted: Thomas Donald Underwood - Bunnell, FL

2 posters

Go down

UNNAMED CHILDREN - ages undisclosed (1990s) - / Convicted: Thomas Donald Underwood - Bunnell, FL Empty UNNAMED CHILDREN - ages undisclosed (1990s) - / Convicted: Thomas Donald Underwood - Bunnell, FL

Post by twinkletoes Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:23 am

Bunnell man sentenced to life in prison in child sex case

By Derek Gilliam  

Wed, Jul 9, 2014 @ 6:59 pm | updated Wed, Jul 9, 2014 @ 7:01 pm
UNNAMED CHILDREN - ages undisclosed (1990s) - / Convicted: Thomas Donald Underwood - Bunnell, FL Underwood_1
Underwood

A Bunnell man was sentenced to life in prison plus an additional 30 years after being found guilty of child sexual abuse Wednesday, according to the State Attorney’s Office.

Thomas Donald Underwood, 32, pleaded no contest to seven counts of sexual battery on a child and one count of lewd or lascivious molestation. The judge sentenced him to 30 years for the seven sexual battery counts and life in prison for lewd or lascivious molestation.

Underwood committed the crimes during the mid-’90s, but the victims did not report the abuse for 16 years, the State Attorney’s Office said.

Derek Gilliam: (904) 359-4619

http://members.jacksonville.com/news/crime/2014-07-09/story/bunnell-man-sentenced-life-prison-child-sex-case?utm_source=Morris%20Digital%20Works&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Jacksonville.com%3ALocalNewsStories
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

UNNAMED CHILDREN - ages undisclosed (1990s) - / Convicted: Thomas Donald Underwood - Bunnell, FL Empty Re: UNNAMED CHILDREN - ages undisclosed (1990s) - / Convicted: Thomas Donald Underwood - Bunnell, FL

Post by ladibug Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:02 am

It's good when a judge recognizes the seriousness of sexual molestation and gives a sentence that fairly certainly assures that the molester will never harm another child.

That being said; if my math is correct, this guy was 16 years old when he did these acts (which must really have been horrendous for the lewd and lascivious charges) but more often then not older, repeat offenders who abuse even babies are let loose on unsuspecting children after only a few years. I don't get it. No 
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

UNNAMED CHILDREN - ages undisclosed (1990s) - / Convicted: Thomas Donald Underwood - Bunnell, FL Empty Re: UNNAMED CHILDREN - ages undisclosed (1990s) - / Convicted: Thomas Donald Underwood - Bunnell, FL

Post by twinkletoes Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:04 am

New laws just went into affect with tougher sentencing for sex offenders and pedophiles.  However, this guy would have been sentenced under the laws in affect at the time of his crimes.

I am surprised the judge was so tough, considering he was a young teen when this occurred.  I wish this judge could sentence the more seasoned offenders.

Apparently this guy hasn't committed anymore sex crimes for 16 years.  Also, we don't know the ages of the victims.  Were they teenagers also?  That would make a big difference to me. 

I expect this sentence to be appealed.  SCOTUS has said a teenager cannot be sentenced to life without possibility of parole.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down