Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KODY MAYNARD - 11 yo (2010) Killed with Mother and her friend - Howard (NE of Columbus) OH

+5
cindmo
oviedo45
twinkletoes
mermaid55
kiwimom
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

KODY MAYNARD - 11 yo (2010) Killed with Mother and her friend - Howard (NE of Columbus) OH - Page 3 Empty Re: KODY MAYNARD - 11 yo (2010) Killed with Mother and her friend - Howard (NE of Columbus) OH

Post by twinkletoes Mon May 14, 2012 3:56 am

Knox County killer wanted to save tree where he hid bodies

Saturday May 12, 2012 5:53 AM

Matthew Hoffman said little about the two Knox County women and the little boy he stabbed and
dismembered. But when it came to a beloved climbing tree, he demanded that it be saved.

KODY MAYNARD - 11 yo (2010) Killed with Mother and her friend - Howard (NE of Columbus) OH - Page 3 Hoffman-details-art-gn4h8e26-1hoffman-arraignment-kr-09-jpg
Hoffman, 31, specified that he didn’t want the tree in which he had hidden the bodies in November 2010 to be
harmed, according to the sheriff who investigated the case.

The tree fetishist cut a deal with prosecutors that month to avoid the death penalty by pleading
guilty to murdering Tina Herrmann; her 11-year-old son, Kody Maynard; and friend Stephanie Sprang
and abducting Herrmann’s 13-year-old daughter. Hoffman was sentenced to three consecutive life
sentences and will never be eligible for parole.

Part of that agreement was a specification from Hoffman that the tree in the Kokosing Lake
Wildlife Area north of Fredericktown not be harmed, Sheriff David Barber and detective David Light
said during a presentation yesterday.

Hoffman had scaled the tree and lowered the bodies into it from an opening 45 feet up.To recover
the remains, a hole had to be cut in the tree, where the bodies of the three, plus the body of the
family dog, were pulled free. Photos were shown to Hoffman, proving that the tree was fine, Light
said.

“I’m not sure if Matthew’s ever been told, but a couple of days later, we cut that tree down,”
Light said during a session at the Two Days in May conference on victim assistance put on by the
Ohio attorney general’s office.

At the time, Gary Ludwig, a supervisor with the wildlife division of the Ohio Department of
Natural Resources, said the tree was cut down out of respect for the family and so that it wouldn’t
become “a sightseeing thing.”

Heidi Hetzel-Evans, an agency spokeswoman, said yesterday that nobody in the office was aware of
any deal between Hoffman and prosecutors pertaining to the tree.

“We don’t manage our forest resources based on negotiations with suspects,” she said.

Hoffman had worked briefly as a tree trimmer before the murders, and he apparently had an
obsession with trees. He was an avid climber, and leaves were piled on his living-room floor and
stuffed into plastic bags that lined the walls of his home just outside Mount Vernon.

“This is the devil himself,” Barber said, showing a photo of Hoffman. “If you ever envisioned
what a monster looks like, this is it.”

The only survivor of the murders was Herrmann’s daughter, Sarah Maynard. Now 15, she lives with
her father, stepmother and half-brothers, and helps with the Healing Hearts Memorial Fund, which
was started by her family to help others affected by violence.

Sarah spent four days held captive by Hoffman before she was rescued. She was found tied up in
the basement of Hoffman’s home, laying on a bed of leaves covered with blankets and, inexplicably,
a prom dress taken from Herrmann’s home.

“Creepy, that prom dress,” Barber said.

Hoffman is imprisoned at the Allen Correctional Institution in Lima in protective custody.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/05/12/knox-county-killer-wanted-to-save-tree-where-he-hid-bodies.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

KODY MAYNARD - 11 yo (2010) Killed with Mother and her friend - Howard (NE of Columbus) OH - Page 3 Empty Re: KODY MAYNARD - 11 yo (2010) Killed with Mother and her friend - Howard (NE of Columbus) OH

Post by twinkletoes Mon May 14, 2012 3:59 am

I hope someone tells this POS that the tree was chopped down.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon May 14, 2012 11:56 am

I might suggest an all-wood casket for this asshat.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Tue May 15, 2012 12:44 am

TomTerrific0420 wrote:I might suggest an all-wood casket for this asshat.
KODY MAYNARD - 11 yo (2010) Killed with Mother and her friend - Howard (NE of Columbus) OH - Page 3 482848296 Good one Tom. Yeah but it should be rotten, worm infested wood to reflect the creeps soul.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue May 15, 2012 1:24 am

TomTerrific0420 wrote:I might suggest an all-wood casket for this asshat.
KODY MAYNARD - 11 yo (2010) Killed with Mother and her friend - Howard (NE of Columbus) OH - Page 3 634801

Perfect. And make sure he knows what tree was used.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:17 am

Matthew Hoffman, killer who hid bodies in hollowed-out tree, details crime in chilling confession

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 11:06 AM

KODY MAYNARD - 11 yo (2010) Killed with Mother and her friend - Howard (NE of Columbus) OH - Page 3 Alg-matthew-hoffman-jpg
LaPrete/AP

Matthew Hoffman confers with his attorney during his arraignment in the Knox County Court of Common Pleas in January.

He claimed he wasn't looking to hurt anyone.

Yet Matthew Hoffman's planned burglary in November quickly became a twisted nightmare, during which the Ohio man killed two women and an 11-year-old boy, then hid their bodies in a hollowed-out tree.

The sicko also kidnapped a 13-year-old girl and sexually assaulted her for several days in his leaf-lined basement.

The details of the crime, for which Hoffman is spending the rest of his
life in jail, emerged with the release of his lengthy confession on
Monday. Excerpts were published in the Columbus Dispatch the next day.

"I did not enter the house to kill those people," he wrote in a four-page
confession offered days after the crime to avoid the death penalty. "I
did not know a single one of them."

The 30-year-old's brutal crime began shortly before midnight on Nov. 9, 2010. He walked to the home of Tina Herrmann, who lived there with her two young children.

"I slept across the street from the house that night in a sleeping bag,"
Hoffman said in the confession. "I woke up at daylight."

The two vehicles that had been parked outside the house the night before were
gone, so he slipped in through the garage door, which was ajar.

KODY MAYNARD - 11 yo (2010) Killed with Mother and her friend - Howard (NE of Columbus) OH - Page 3 Image
Victims (l. to r.) Tina Herrman, 32, Kody Maynard, 11, and Stephanie Sprang, 41. (WBNS-10TV)

"There was a certain amount of excitement in being in someone else's home
without them being there," he said. "I was looking for anything of value
that could be carried out easily."

After about an hour, Hoffman
said, he found nothing worth stealing, and was about to leave when
Herrmann returned home. He hid in a bedroom, and claimed to be unable to
escape without jumping out a window.

Armed with a blackjack and a knife, which he had brought "for a certain amount of intimidation," he confronted Herrmann.

The two fought. Hoffmann knocked the 32-year-old woman to the bed, facedown.

"I hit her a couple of times in the head [with the blackjack], but this
would not knock her out," he said. "It was not doing the job, and I
started panicking."

That is when he claimed Herrmann's friend Stephanie Sprang arrived.

"I have no idea when she got there, what she was doing there, and how she
gained access," Hoffman said. "The other woman yelled at me, there were
now two to deal with, and I did not know what to do."

The ex-con grabbed his knife and "stabbed the woman on the bed, through her back, twice."

Sprang ran into another room. Hoffman found her and stabbed the 41-year-old
several times in the chest. He went back to Herrmann and stabbed her
several more times.

KODY MAYNARD - 11 yo (2010) Killed with Mother and her friend - Howard (NE of Columbus) OH - Page 3 Image
An investigator processes evidence at the residence of Matthew Hoffman. (LaPrete/AP)

"I could tell that both women were now dead," he said in his confession.

Describing himself as being in a "state of shock," he killed the family's dog for
barking and tried to decide what his next steps would be. He considered
several options, including burning the house down with the bodies inside
or disposing of them in a nearby pond.

Then the children returned home from school.

"I confronted the children, and the girl instantly ran to a bedroom," he
said. "I stabbed [11-year-old Kody Maynard] in the chest a couple
times."

But when he was face-to-face with the girl, he didn't
stab the 13-year-old. (Although her name was released to the public when
she was missing, we are withholding her name because she is the victim
of sexual abuse.)

"I could not bring myself to kill her," he said.

Instead, Hoffman took her back to his home near downtown Mount Vernon.
He held her hostage there for nearly four days. During that time he
sexually assaulted her, kept her hands and feet bound with duct tape,
and forced her to sleep on a bed of leaves.

"I would not have hurt her. I could not hurt her," he said in his confession.

The basement itself, the Columbus Dispatch reported, was covered with leaves held to the walls with plastic bags, reflecting Hoffman’s obsession with nature.

The man drew the attention of police the day after the murders when he
returned to Herrmann's home to burn it down. Authorities were already at
the house, having been alerted to a crime there by a neighbor.

Items found in Herrmann's home led them to surveillance video at a Walmart
of Hoffman buying trash bags and tarps. On a Sunday morning, four days
after the murders, police stormed Hoffman's home and found the young
girl.

Hoffman later showed police where he had hidden the bodies,
along with the family dog. Using a rig-and-pulley system, the Dispatch
reported, he concealed them in a 60-foot tree in the Kokosing Wildlife
Area near Fredericktown.

"I did not plan for any of this to happen," Hoffman insisted in his confession -- but no one seems to believe him.

"He's just a monster," Larry Maynard, father of the two children, told the Dispatch.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/matthew-hoffman-killer-hid-bodies-hollowed-out-tree-details-crime-chilling-confession-article-1.135320#ixzz2KgzkJ8A0
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon May 27, 2013 6:14 am

Knox kidnap victim reportedly abused

May 22, 2013

HAMILTON TOWNSHIP
— The father and stepmother of a severely traumatized kidnapping victim have been arrested.

In 2010, Sarah Maynard lived through the death of her mother and brother, Tina Herrmann and Kody Maynard, who were murdered and had their bodies hidden in a hollow tree in Knox County.

Sarah, 16, was kidnapped by their killer, Matthew Hoffman, who kept her in the basement of his Mount Vernon home for four days.
On Tuesday, Sarah’s father Larry Maynard, 34, and her stepmother Tracy Maynard, 33, appeared in Franklin County Municipal Court after they were charged with domestic violence and assault, according to court records.

Bail was set at $5,000 for each.

Records alleged Larry punched Sarah in the back May 3. On May 8, court records allege, Tracy kicked her down the stairs.

A protection order has been issued to keep the couple away from Sarah.

Hoffman pleaded guilty and was sentenced life in prison. He remains at the Allen Correctional Institution in Lima.

http://www.marionstar.com/article/20130521/NEWS01/305210022/Knox-kidnap-victim-reportedly-abused?nclick_check=1

[/b]
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon May 27, 2013 6:20 am

Anyone who could mistreat this poor girl after all she has gone through should be shot. This is awful. This poor girl will never, never have a shot at a normal life, all she has seen is evil.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3