Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The GORE Children - 1 CAGED GIRL - 5 yo (4/11) - / (Parents convicted) - INFANT BOY murdered - (discovered 4/11) - / Charged: Parents; Shannon and Brian Gore - Gloucester VA

+7
Gingernlw
babyjustice
lovinourgrandkids
mermaid55
kiwimom
twinkletoes
TomTerrific0420
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The GORE Children - 1 CAGED GIRL - 5 yo (4/11) - / (Parents convicted) - INFANT BOY  murdered - (discovered 4/11) - / Charged: Parents; Shannon and Brian Gore  - Gloucester VA - Page 2 Empty Re: The GORE Children - 1 CAGED GIRL - 5 yo (4/11) - / (Parents convicted) - INFANT BOY murdered - (discovered 4/11) - / Charged: Parents; Shannon and Brian Gore - Gloucester VA

Post by babyjustice Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:55 pm

Even the family dog was treated better than the poor caged little girl. They probably killed the baby that was buried. I say put them in general population and let the inmates at them. Or put them in a dog cage with one can of dog food per week and see how they like it. What pure POS animals they were.

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

The GORE Children - 1 CAGED GIRL - 5 yo (4/11) - / (Parents convicted) - INFANT BOY  murdered - (discovered 4/11) - / Charged: Parents; Shannon and Brian Gore  - Gloucester VA - Page 2 Empty Re: The GORE Children - 1 CAGED GIRL - 5 yo (4/11) - / (Parents convicted) - INFANT BOY murdered - (discovered 4/11) - / Charged: Parents; Shannon and Brian Gore - Gloucester VA

Post by mermaid55 Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Charges certified against Gloucester couple accused of caging child

CBS 6 Web Staff
2:51 p.m. EST, December 13, 2011

GLOUCESTER COUNTY, VA (WTVR) - The Gloucester County couple accused of caging their daughter appeared in court for a preliminary hearing Tuesday afternoon.

Attempted capital murder and felony child neglect charges were certified to the grand jury against Shannon and Brian Gore.

Both of the charges are in reference to their alleged treatment of their 6-year-old daughter after deputies searched the couple's house in connection to a robbery in April. That is when they discovered the girl extremely malnourished and locked in a cage.

Additionally, the judge dropped the felony murder charge against the couple pertaining to the body of the infant found buried in the yard.

The remains were so badly decomposed that a cause of death could not be determined. There was no evidence that a crime had been committed since neither child had any prenatal or postnatal care nor had ever been to the doctor.

An investigator took the stand and talked about the conditions in which deputies found the little girl. was found caged in an inverted crib with no legs, with boxes stacked on top.

Additionally, officials said the girl had Down Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy.

The emaciated girl was found with bald spots and indentations in her buttocks from where her heels dug into her rear-end due to the position she remained in around the clock.

However, the couple said they fed her sippy cups of milk and pop tarts daily, but the child was very emaciated and resorted to eating her own flaking skin and mucus.

The charges against the couple will go before the grand jury on Jan. 3.

http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtvr-gloucester-couple-in-court-for-caging-daughter-20111213,0,4935854.story
mermaid55
mermaid55
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Case delayed for couple accused of locking child in cage
1:13 a.m. EST, December 31, 2011

There has been another delay in the case against a Gloucester couple accused of keeping their little girl locked in a cage.

The attempted murder and child neglect charges against Brian and Shannon Gore will not be presented to a grand jury until March.

The grand jury was scheduled to hear the case on Tuesday.

According to our partners at the Daily Press, the move will allow for the completion of additional investigation reports.

Two weeks ago, a judge dropped the most serious charges against the Gores which were the murder charges in connection to the death of their infant son.

Police found the baby's remains in a pine box underneath a shed on the Gores' property.

The child's remains are being studied by experts at the Smithsonian Institution in an effort to pinpoint a cause of death.

The judge said there is not enough evidence to show a murder was committed.

http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-case-delayed-for-couple-accused-of-locking-child-in-cage-20111230,0,4712392.story
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernlw Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:08 pm

I specifically looked this one up because it occured in my hometown. The "mother" worked at a couple places I went to for lunch. I saw her. Thankfully, I didn't know them personally. The story is she wanted to hide her pregnancy. She wasn't married yet and she was scared of what her parents would say. So she hid the little girl. The other baby that was found dead was likely hid too for the same reason. He supposidly died of natural causes and at that time is also when Shannon's mom noticed a difference in her personality. The youngest kid came after the marriage so he was celebrated. I saw an interview with Shannon's mom... she seemed genuinely confused and hurt. According to her she's not sure why Shannon would think they would have disowned her for pregnancy before marriage. She wished she had known something was up. Anyway, it's a sad case.
According to someone I know who has 1st hand knowlege of the case the girl is doing much better. She's been in foster care for some time. She's learning how to walk. However, based on my knowlege of childhood development, even if she didn't already have mental disabilities (I didn't know about the down's), she would have after all of that. She was caged since she was 2 years old with only a TV to keep her company.

Gingernlw
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Thanks Ginger.

It happens often, a woman is OK with killing a baby but afraid to tell her parents she is pregnant. There is no logic behind that IMO.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Allie J Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:20 pm

I think it's safe to assume that the Gore's neglected the little girl because she had Downs Syndrome (and was born out of wedlock), but they loved their son because he was (in their eyes) "perfect". He was also born inside wedlock and so he was probably seen as the "coveted first child". Why did they not just give the girl up for adoption when she was born if they could not (or did not want to) look after a child with Downs? They could have carried on with their lives and no one would have known - they didn't even have to tell neighbours and family if they didn't want to. They could have simply given her up and everyone would have been happy. No one would know they had a child and the girl would have had a far better life.

Allie J
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:18 am

I have trouble comprehending that people this evil exist and worse yet procreate.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernlw Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:12 pm

Twinkletoes, I completely agree. What's really sad is I don't think that girl actually had down's. This was the first place I read that. The person I know on the inside never indicated she had any issues other than the ones created by her neglect. It's my understanding that she had this girl, and actually took good care of her for the first couple years, was seen in public although her mom says she told her the girl was a kid of her husband's cousin or some other obscure relative. When the girl was about 2, I think, the other baby was born and ultimately died, supposidly of natural causes I though, and that's when she started "going crazy." That's when the girl started being neglected.

Gingernlw

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:45 pm

Thanks Ginger. I think you are right.

Even if it were true, it is no excuse. There is no excuse.

I was stunned when we first learned of these poor children.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernlw Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:06 pm

Oh I totally agree. I was in shock too. Gloucester is a rural area, although it has grown a lot since I was a kid. There are 5 primary schools, there were 2 middle schools until a tornado tore through one of them, and only 1 high school. We have a couple private schools in the area as well. The woman worked at a BoJangles that I went to lunch at from time to time when at work and she also worked at a BBQ place that I went to dinner at a few times. She actually served me and even though I had no idea what she was doing in her home it still makes me sick that I took food from that woman when she wasn't even giving food to her own kid! I was told the scene was so bad that the officers who responded needed quite a bit of counseling. The were at the house for suspected robbery, and then saw that. I can't imagein how shocked they must have been.

I'm sorry I keep going on and on about this... this one was just super close to home, literally.

Gingernlw

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:13 pm

There's NO excuse for the behaviour of the parents. If they did not want a physically challenged child they should have given her up for adoption. There are plenty of families looking to adopt and love a young child. Handicap or not. There should be NO tolerance for this behaviour.

William
willcarney
willcarney

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

Post by tinalovesnick Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:53 pm

Parents of caged Gloucester girl sentenced to 30 years in prison

Judge compares abuse of daughter by Brian and Shannon Gore to horrors of Nazi Germany

7:24 p.m. EDT, June 10, 2013

GLOUCESTER — In a case of abuse of a daughter at the hands of her parents that even they said defied explanation, Brian and Shannon Gore were each sentenced Tuesday to 30 years in prison.

The Gores had penned their daughter in a makeshift cage in a darkened bedroom apparently for years in abuse that Gloucester Circuit Judge R. Bruce Long compared to the worst horrors of Nazi Germany. Long noted that before him he had two photos, one of them a shot of the girl about 3 years of age when she is a beautiful, happy, normal little girl.

The other photo was taken three years later when Gloucester Sheriff's investigators discovered her naked, emaciated and covered in her own feces and folded up in a makeshift cage fashioned from an upside-down crib.

"When I first saw that picture," Long said, "the words that came to my mind were Auschwitz, Dachau, Treblinka."

Speaking directly to the Gores, Long said their "daughter looks like someone in a Nazi death camp."

Long sentenced the Gores to the maximum 10 years in prison on child abuse convictions and the minimum 20 years in prison on convictions of aggravated malicious wounding. They had faced life in prison on the aggravated malicious wounding convictions.

Shannon Gore turns 27 on June 27. Brian Gore is 31.

Commonwealth's Attorney Holly Smith had asked Long to sentence the Gores to the maximum sentences of life in prison on the aggravated malicious wounding convictions. Smith said the couple's daughter will be forever stunted due to the abuse and neglect.

"She will never be right, Judge," Smith said. "They showed no mercy and they deserve no mercy."

The girl was discovered in a darkened bedroom on April 28, 2011, Smith said. Gloucester Sheriff's deputies and investigators had gone to the Gores' trailer on an unrelated criminal investigation.

One of the bedrooms was for an infant son and was decorated and had all the trapping of an adorable nursery, including a crib, changing table, toys and a comfortable rocker, Smith said. Another bedroom was dark, lacking a single lamp and full of dusty unused exercise equipment and boxes of discarded clutter, she said.

"That's the room they chose for their daughter," Smith said.

When investigators stumbled upon the girl, she reached out to them through the crib. Atop the crib was a heavy board with boxes stacked to the ceiling on top of it, all designed to keep the girl from escaping.

Inside the makeshift cage was a rotted mattress with rusted springs, feces several inches deep and the girl, Smith said.

Her joints were frozen in place from being caged, her legs folded up underneath her and her heels digging so hard into her buttocks that she had open wounds. She couldn't speak and was eating the flaking skin off her body and her own mucous.

"What must she have thought day after day?" Smith said. "Was she scared in the dark and on dark and stormy nights?"

Smith asked how many nights the girl's tummy growled as she smelled her parents cooking dinner.

"How many nights did she wonder, `What did I do wrong?'" Smith said.

Today the girl has the mind of a 3-year-old, though she turns 9 this fall, and the prognosis is that she will remain with a child's mind even as her body grows and develops, Smith said. Her daily goals at this point include doing a jumping jack, standing on one foot, or mastering coloring.

It's hard to articulate the emotional toll, Smith said. The girl lives in constant fear of not being able to eat and struggles not to eat food dropped on the ground by strangers, Smith said.

Neither Brian Gore nor Shannon Gore could explain the abuse. Their attorneys and psychologists hired to determine the couple's respective mental health said that Shannon Gore became impregnated by Brian Gore when she was 17.

The two feared Brian Gore would get in trouble with the law if it was discovered he impregnated her, even though the age of consent in Virginia is 17. Shannon Gore hid the pregnancy and gave birth to the daughter without medical attention.

A second child, a son, was born three years later, in 2007. The two were still unmarried and the second pregnancy was also kept a secret.

The son died on March 21, 2008, however, although it's unclear how he died and no charges have been filed in connection with his death. Shannon Gore carried the dead child around for days before allowing Brian Gore to bury him in the back yard, according to court testimony.

Shannon Gore said in tearful testimony that she was depressed after the death of her son. It was around that time that the abuse and neglect of their daughter began, according to court testimony.

There's no excuse for the abuse, Shannon Gore said.

"Even though I failed her miserably, I love her with all my heart," Shannon Gore said. "I do."

Brian Gore said he owes a great many apologies to a great many people. There's no justifiable reasons or excuses for his actions, he said.

"To all involved, I'm truly sorry that any of this happened," Brian Gore said.

He finished by saying he was glad it was brought to an end.

http://www.justice4caylee.org/t12594p30-the-gore-children-1-caged-1-murdered-gloucester-va?highlight=shannon+gore

I have been following this case since it broke the news... And although 30 years isn't long enough... At least the little girl is alive and will never have to see these monsters again. cheer
tinalovesnick
tinalovesnick
Pizza Delivery! Ding Dong!
Pizza Delivery! Ding Dong!

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:56 am

Her son's death (most likely at the hands of both of these monsters) depressed her so badly she tried to torture and starve her daughter???

That poor little girl will never have a normal life.

30 years is not nearly long enough. I hope they don't get paroled in a few years. They should be caged for life.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:59 am

I can explain it. They are both POSs.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Girl nearly starved to death, locked in cage by parents ‘has come a very long way’

POSTED 7:31 PM, MAY 30, 2014, BY JESSICA LARCHE

As Brian and Shannon Gore face new homicide charges for their son’s death in 2008, NewsChannel 3 has learned the daughter they nearly starved to death “continues to do very well.”

“She is a tough little girl who has come a very long way,” said her court appointed attorney Brian Decker in an e-mail to NewsChannel 3.  “There aren`t enough adjectives to describe just how wonderful she is.”

The Gores were sentenced to 30 years in prison last year for locking their daughter in a makeshift cage and not feeding her for years.  The girl, left to feed off her own skin and feces to survive, suffered permanent brain and physical damage.  Medical records discussed during the Gores’ sentencing in June 2013 suggest the girl was starved from the time she was three until she was around six years. That’s when authorities in Gloucester found her in a dark room.  They also found the remains of her younger brother under the shed.  Charges were dropped for lack of evidence in his death years ago, but new charges were filed earlier this month.

In a letter to the judge last year, her adopted mother wrote: “We will always be here to protect our daughter and be her cheering squad in the years to come.”

Her father also wrote “she is intelligent enough to know she is different from her peers and cries asking why she is different,” and “while other children were learning to sing songs, color…. my daughter was alone, confined and denied the most basic human needs”.

Experts said the girl will need therapy and counseling for the rest of her life.

The Gores are due in court to face new homicide charges on June 10.

http://wtkr.com/2014/05/30/girl-nearly-starved-to-death-locked-in-cage-by-parents-has-come-a-very-long-way/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:42 pm

New charges against Gloucester couple who kept daughter in cage

by 13News, WVEC.com
Posted on May 28, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Updated Wednesday, May 28 at 5:32 PM

5/28/14 UPDATE: Brian and Shannon Gore were served with direct indictments alleging one count each of Felony Child Neglect and Felony Homicide.

The charges are a result of additional information received about the remains of a child found buried under the shed in 2011, said Gloucester Commonwealth's Attorney Holly B. Smith.

An infant boy was found buried in the back yard of their home in the Waterview Mobile Home Park.

No trial date has been set.

GLOUCESTER- A Gloucester couple was sentenced to 30 years in prison Monday afternoon for keeping their six-year-old daughter in a makeshift cage.

Brian and Shannon Gore pleaded guilty in March to felony child abuse just as their trial was about to begin. They also entered an Alford plea to malicious wounding.

Sheriff's deputies came across the situation while investigating a burglary at the Gore's mobile home in April 2011. They said the little girl was naked, covered in feces and malnourished and was in a crib that had been made into a cage with a piece of wood as a top.

The judge sentenced each of them to 10 years for the felony child abuse charge and 20 years for aggravated malicious wounding.

The girl was taken to Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters for treatment and is living with a foster family.

http://www.wvec.com/news/local/Couple-faces-possible-life-sentence-for-keeping-child-in-makeshift-cage-210797421.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2