Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Long - Blog by Richard Grund

Go down

How Long - Blog by Richard Grund Empty How Long - Blog by Richard Grund

Post by mom_in_il Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:47 pm

Tuesday, March 10, 2009
How Long - Blog by Richard Grund Spacer
How Long?

Current mood: How Long - Blog by Richard Grund Cold sad

I just wrote a blog of similar title over that the Friends of Caylee web site. It was quick and to the point. Here it is:

I just read somewhere that the maker of the Caylee Sunshine Doll has brought it back due to "popular demand". I suspect the "demand" came from his wife, his children and his banker so that they can fill their bank accounts. I wish there were a way to stop this vulture from what he is doing but until laws are passed against this type of profiteering there is nothing we can do. The outcry and criticism probably drove people to him that want the doll out of morbid curiosity. The only thing that stops this kind of perverse activity is for there to be no demand for the product. As long as someone wants to buy it, someone will want to sell it!

That's why I say, how long?

How long before we see closure in this ugly, sad story?

How long before we know the truth as to what happened?

How long before we see this kind of activity stop?

How long before we as a Nation learn to take care of and protect our children?

How long?

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

And yet, I cannot get that question out of my mind. I read about Halleigh Cummings, who has been missing since February 9th, and I wonder...how long? Why don't more people care about this story? I don't see much about her on the news anymore. She is obviously being treated as a cold case or old news by the media. What about that little boy that is missing in South Florida, Adji Desir. Where is he? Where is the news coverage? Where are the donations? Why doesn't anyone care?! How many children have to be abducted, murdered, abused and victimized before we as a Nation stand up and say no more? How long?!

How we do turn our heads and look the other way? That was a line from a song, In The Ghetto, written by Mac Davis that became a hit for Elvis Presely in 1969. Except, here we are 40-years later and it's not just in the ghetto anymore. It's everywhere!

When did our children lose their value? Budgetary cuts should never effect our youth because they are our future and yet the ones our "leaders" punish first are the children. Although we don't send children to war in America anymore they are still the "cannon fodder" of the front line casualties of our society. We have children having children and then we wonder why we have two generations of problems and people who need help. When did we as a society lose our perspective and abdicate our responsibility to teach and raise up our children to be functional, productive adults? When did we forget the admonition to love one another?

It's no wonder we lose them to gangs, pimps or cults or other such dark places. They are looking for someone to care about them and since they don't find it in the light they look for it in the dark. Looking for love in all the wrong places takes on a whole new meaning in 2009.

We know from various places in the New Testament that Jesus/Yeshua gave special attention to children and the treatment of them. He was protective of them and told us to treat them right. He was and is their greatest Champion. And yet, we do not listen to His words or His warnings.

I know that accidents happen and there are things in this world we have no control over. However, when a child is lost through neglect, abuse or the direct result of evil gone unnoticed and unchecked I get angry. How long before we stop this from happening? How long before we care again? How long?

Please, my mind is tired and my heart is weary from asking this question.

Someone, please, tell me - HOW LONG?!

Richard Grund

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=85212505
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down