Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ISAIAH ITHURRIA - 5 yo/ Accused: Richard Gutierrez - Albuquerque NM

+5
Gingernlw
onelove8981
mom_in_il
twinkletoes
TomTerrific0420
9 posters

Go down

ISAIAH ITHURRIA - 5 yo/ Accused: Richard Gutierrez - Albuquerque NM Empty ISAIAH ITHURRIA - 5 yo/ Accused: Richard Gutierrez - Albuquerque NM

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun May 06, 2012 1:30 pm

A 5-year-old Albuquerque boy has died in the hospital after police said his mother's boyfriend threw him against a bedroom dresser earlier this week.

ISAIAH ITHURRIA - 5 yo/ Accused: Richard Gutierrez - Albuquerque NM Isaiah

The Albuquerque Police Department said Isaiah Ithurria, 5, was taken off life support on Saturday at the UNM Hospital.

Richard Gutierrez was arrested Tuesday after he called 911 and said Isaiah fell of the bed and wasn't breathing.

Gutierrez later told officers he threw the boy off the bed after he lied about wetting his pants.

Since that incident, Isiaiah was in the hospital with traumatic brain injuries, but in the end, his trauma was too much to overcome.

Gutierrez is likely to face additional charges, but those have not been set at this time.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2608372.shtml?cat=504

Last edited by TomTerrific0420 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

ISAIAH ITHURRIA - 5 yo/ Accused: Richard Gutierrez - Albuquerque NM Empty Re: ISAIAH ITHURRIA - 5 yo/ Accused: Richard Gutierrez - Albuquerque NM

Post by twinkletoes Mon May 07, 2012 1:36 am

Wonder where the mother was. Wonder why she wasn't arrested.

Another POS boyfriend. Another POS mother. Another dead little child.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ISAIAH ITHURRIA - 5 yo/ Accused: Richard Gutierrez - Albuquerque NM Empty Re: ISAIAH ITHURRIA - 5 yo/ Accused: Richard Gutierrez - Albuquerque NM

Post by mom_in_il Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:50 pm

Man faces murder charges for allegedly throwing toddler against dresser

Posted at: 05/18/2012 7:34 PM
Updated at: 05/19/2012 6:47 AM
By: Shaun Griswold, KOB.com

The Albuquerque man who allegedly threw his girlfriend’s five-year-old son into a dresser has been indicted with first degree murder after the boy died from brain trauma sustained in the incident.

Richard Gutierrez told police he threw Isaiah Ithurria, 5, against a dresser because he was mad the boy wet his pants.

Isaiah died a few days later.

Gutierrez could face life in prison if convicted.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2624544.shtml

mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by onelove8981 Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:35 pm

twinkletoes- Isaiah's mother was at school when this tragedy happened. Her and Richard were actually married and had a baby together too. She had always let him stay with the kids when she was at school! She is not a worthless mother at all she is a great mother! you should really watch what you say about people before you start bad mouthing them!

onelove8981
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:46 am

onelove8981 wrote:twinkletoes- Isaiah's mother was at school when this tragedy happened. Her and Richard were actually married and had a baby together too. She had always let him stay with the kids when she was at school! She is not a worthless mother at all she is a great mother! you should really watch what you say about people before you start bad mouthing them!

If she married this monster and lived with him, she knew what he was capable of. A murder is seldom the first sign of abuse. I do not take back one word of my long ago post. Perhaps you should chastise her.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernlw Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Twinkletoes, I don't know why I bother, but I do. My ex-husband never raised a hand to me or my daughter during the entire time we were together. We argued frequently and he ultimately cheated on me which is what caused the demise of our marriage. The last day in the house together tho he shoved me and when he did I fell over backwards over the couch nearly hitting my head which could have killed me if I had.
Several months later I called CPS on him for giving my daughter alcohol (she was 5 and while we were married he was not a drinker at all), bullying her (he picked her up by her shirt collar to yell at her) and biting her (in an attempt to teach her not to bite). He was not like this while we were together. I actually remember telling people that while he may not be the best husband he wasn't a bad father. He proved me wrong. He ended up being a horrible father. But he wasn't like that while we were married, or before we married. I think he's bi-polar and I tried to get him help. But according to him everything was always my fault. Anyway, he no longer has rights to my daughter and my point is this... without more info above you can't accurately judge the mother. It is possible she had NO idea what he was capable of. I had no idea that my ex was capable of doing what he did, he gave no indication while we were married. And I guess that's why I get so pissed when you're so damn quick to judge in instances where there is no evidence to suggest that the mother should have known what is going on.

I have a friend who's grandfather molested her. Her father grew up with this man and had NO idea he was capable of that. But because of people like you he feels a great deal of guilt because somehow he should have known.

You should really reserve judgement until you have more details.

Gingernlw
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Ginger....how about this article for a few more details. READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH and you will see this murderer had a record so the mother had to know about his violent behavior. Some killers are only abusive to certain people and since Isaiah wasn't his son, he took his anger out on him. This is so classic.

5-year-old dies of suspected child abuse

Isaiah placed on life support after being thrown

Updated: Monday, 07 May 2012, 7:22 AM MDT
Published : Sunday, 06 May 2012, 5:45 PM MDT
Scott Daniels

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - A little boy, who spent several days struggling to survive after he was thrown against a dresser , has died.

Police say his step-father Richard Gutierrez, 31, admitted to throwing the boy against a dresser because the child wet his pants.

Isaiah Gutierrez, 5, was brain dead for days.

Police have now confirmed that Isaiah had to be taken off life support.

Richard Gutierrez is still sitting in jail, charged with abandonment of a child resulting in death or great bodily harm.

Detectives say Gutierrez admitted that he threw the boy against a dresser after the boy wet his pants Tuesday inside the family's apartment.

When Isaiah was unresponsive, police say Gutierrez put the boy in a cold bath and tried to revive him but it did not work.

Gutierrez eventually called for help.

The boy had to be put on life support with virtually no working brain activity.

It appeared Gutierrez tried covering up the beating, initially, while on the phone with 911.

“I was in the living room with the baby, he fell off the bed, well I don't know if he fell off the bed, but he was by the TV the thing was all messed up,” Gutierrez said on the 911 tape.

Because the courts are not open on the weekends, police say charges for Gutierrez have not changed yet.

Online jail records show he's now on a no-bond hold.

Richard Gutierrez has a history with police dating back 13 years, including convictions for attempted armed robbery 11 years ago and domestic violence two years ago.

http://www.kasa.com/dpps/news/crime/5-year-old-dies-of-suspected-child-abuse_4163378

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernlw Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:40 pm

I appreciate the extra information. I still don't know that she "had to know about it." I think, all too often here, judgement is passed without enough information, which in turns causes further victimization.

Gingernlw

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Gingernlw wrote:I appreciate the extra information. I still don't know that she "had to know about it." I think, all too often here, judgement is passed without enough information, which in turns causes further victimization.

But it is her responsibility on behalf of her children to thoroughly check out the man she leaves her children with. The children certainly can't do it so she MUST. If she did and still stayed with him, then she bears responsibility for putting an abuser or convict in charge of her children. Women need to be especially careful when the have a SON and bring a new man in the house. Due to a man's primal nature, they tend to be jealous of another man's son. If they are grounded and normal, they will control them. But men that have a violent background may take their jealousy and anger out on the mother's son.

Again, for any women reading on these forums, don't leave your precious children with anyone unless you check them out thoroughly. If they have a record of violence, kick the to the curb and move on. This maniac obviously had a record.

babyjustice

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernlw Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Wow, I guess I'm a bad mom because while I'm very careful with who I leave my kids with I certainly didn't have a criminal background check done on my current husband. Ultimately one was done for the step parent adoption, but we were already married and expecting our youngest by then. At that point, over 2 years into the relationship, he had watched my oldest multiple times when I went to school or had to work at night. I didn't do this right away; we had dated for a few months before he even met her and I had met his parents, sister, friends, co-workers, etc by that point. But I would not have likely known of a conviction from several years previously. Furthermore, I actually know people who were charged with assault (they got probation and charges were ultimately dropped) that were completey bogus. I think blaming a mother who may have genuinely NOT known about the abuse does nothing but "blame the victim." You don't think she already blames herself? You don't think she wonders what signs she may have missed? What signs may have tipped her off? Even if she did make the mistake of trusting the wrong man knowing that he had some sort of past, that doesn't mean she is guilty. Just because someone has been charged with a crime, even a seemingly violent one, doesn't mean they are baby killers. Just because a man is a man and a woman has a boy doesn't mean there will be problems. MOST of the time there are no problems.
Now, my above statements are based on the lack of proof that the mother knew that her baby was in danger. If a mother does know that her child is being abused, or there's a great risk of that occuring based on her knowledge of the person, then yes, she's guilty too. I don't understand the moms who watch their babies get beaten, but there is nothing, to date on here that shows this mother knew or should have known that this man was abusing her kid. Hell there isn't even any evidence that he abused this kid on more than just this one occasion.
Again, I think many times some of you have judged unfairly.

Gingernlw

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:03 am

Gingernlw you go girl

I did it the easy way with my little fellows - I just didn't date until they were grown and out of the house cheer .

pray for the mother.

Old fashioned thought: Moms stay at home with your babies and let the men support the family.
I don't mean this in disrepect for this mom who was at school, but so many of the
children who sadly make their way to Justice4Caylee have working mothers who get the horrible phone call at work.....
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by onelove8981 Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:35 am

She didn't know he had a History! Not everyone does background checks on there husbands Before they get married! She is an excellent mother and exactly as Gingernlw said she didn't le him e around her son by himself very often! But they had been together for 2 years before this happened! He was always very good with the little boy! He never raised a hand to her ever or her son. Never even yelled at him before this! So twinkletoes you don't know anything about her or her life so keep your rude comments to yourself!

onelove8981
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:36 am

I still think the mother shares a large part of the responsibility for the abuse and murder of this precious baby. .
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by vertogolotus Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:08 am

RIP Isaiah. While I'm not sure if the mother was aware of his criminal history, she really should have looked him up! If you plan on having someone live with you and your children, it's your responsibility as a mother to make sure that said person isn't dangerous. Just because you love someone and they appear to be a good person that doesn't mean they are. Love is blind.

Granted, not everyone who abuses or murders a child has a record. Not everyone shows signs beforehand. In this case, though, had she done her homework she would have known his past and (hopefully) acted accordingly.

Either way, it's tragic that this little boy's life was lost because a grown man couldn't control his temper.

vertogolotus
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:54 pm

onelove8981 wrote:She didn't know he had a History! Not everyone does background checks on there husbands Before they get married! She is an excellent mother and exactly as Gingernlw said she didn't le him e around her son by himself very often! But they had been together for 2 years before this happened! He was always very good with the little boy! He never raised a hand to her ever or her son. Never even yelled at him before this! So twinkletoes you don't know anything about her or her life so keep your rude comments to yourself!

I know that I don't believe a woman would marry a man and plan to spend the rest of her life with him, without knowing something about him and especially his criminal past. Two years is enough time to learn everything about him, including his nasty temper. I think she knew and cared more about her man than her child.

My comment was not rude. Yours is. This forum is a place to express our opinions. If you don't like it, tough.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:58 pm

onelove8981 wrote:twinkletoes- Isaiah's mother was at school when
this tragedy happened. Her and Richard were actually married and had a
baby together too. She had always let him stay with the kids when she
was at school! She is not a worthless mother at all she is a great
mother! you should really watch what you say about people before you
start bad mouthing them!

onelove8981 wrote:She didn't know he had a History! Not everyone does background checks on there husbands Before they get married! She is an excellent mother and exactly as Gingernlw said she didn't le him e around her son by himself very often! But they had been together for 2 years before this happened! He was always very good with the little boy! He never raised a hand to her ever or her son. Never even yelled at him before this! So twinkletoes you don't know anything about her or her life so keep your rude comments to yourself!

You contradict yourself. In your first post you say she left the kids with him while she was at school. In the second post you claim she didn't leave him with her monster husband very often. Which is it? Are you the mother defending yourself?
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Here are some facts. (The red notations and bold are mine. I sure hope his mother did not know):

"ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - The Albuquerque man accused of throwing his 5-year-old stepson into a dresser and killing the boy because the child wet himself has officially been indicted for murder.

And new details show the boy's death may only be the end of a history of terrible abuse suffered at his the hands of hi stepdad, Richard Gutierrez.

Police said the boy had other injuries that show he was abused before he was killed and that the abuse was also sexual.(At the end of this article it says the damage to his genitals was more likely abuse than molestation.)

In early May the boy, Isaiah, had been home with his stepdad when police received a call from Gutierrez.

"My son fell off the bed and isn't breathing, I don't know if he hit his head or what," he told the the dispatcher after calling 911.

But detectives say that is not what happened.

They said Gutierrez later admitted he threw his son against a dresser at the home after he got mad because Isaiah wet his pants.

Gutierrez tried to describe the boy's injuries on that 911 call.

"He's gasping for air; he is not breathing," he said.

But in the end it was too late. Isaiah was brain dead and died a few days later.

Gutierrez is now is not only charged with child abuse, but also murder.

A new six-count indictment also alleges Gutierrez molested the boy sexually.

Medical examiners found injuries to Isaiah's genitals.

They do not know if those injuries were inflicted upon him the day he was thrown into the dresser, but police said the injuries are more consistent with abuse than sexual assault.

The penalty for the child abuse resulting in death and the murder charge are the same. Both could mean life in prison for Gutierrez.

Gutierrez is still behind bars on a no-bond hold."

http://www.kasa.com/dpps/news/crime/man-indicted-in-abuse-death-of-stepson_4178460[/b]
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:34 am

Ladibug, thank you. Murder is almost never the first sign of child abuse. I don't see how a woman could not know her child was suffering this type of abuse. I will always believe she knew. She even lied for him during the investigation.

His last arrest for domestic violence was two years ago and they have been married two years. That means she was either the victim or she married him while he had legal entanglements. Just speculating but maybe she married him in order to have the charges dropped.

Thank you so much for posting this. It confirms everything I thought.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:50 am

I hope he rots in jail, then rots in hell.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by floraluna Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:56 pm

First of all this tragedy could have been prevented. His mother And Richard were together since the little boy was about a year old. She was warned about his behavior before hand And she Knew what he was capable of from the beginning. The domestic violence charge he had before this happened was against her. There are So many things in his past That could have prevented this terrible thing from happening if the mother would have just left. She too is to blame for his death, knowing of his violent tendencies And his violent behavior towards her. this little boys death is on both of them. Richard for his horrific act, And the mother for placing him in such a situation to begin with.

floraluna
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:29 pm

This woman needs to be in jail along with her man.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:19 am

twinkletoes wrote:I hope he rots in jail, then rots in hell.

I agree with one exception....that he BURNS in hell.

babyjustice

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:18 am

babyjustice wrote:
twinkletoes wrote:I hope he rots in jail, then rots in hell.

I agree with one exception....that he BURNS in hell.
I'm fine with that, as long as he is he is in hell WHERE HE BELONGS.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down