Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO

+2
ladibug
angelm07
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 2 Empty Re: DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO

Post by mom_in_il Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Leads dwindle in search for Dylan Redwine

5:51 PM, Jan 6, 2013

DURANGO, Colo. (AP) - The La Plata County Sheriff's Office says leads are dwindling after a month-and-a-half-long search for a 13-year-old boy who was reported missing in southwestern Colorado.

Sheriff's office spokesman Dan Bender says the number of tips coming in from the public regarding the disappearance of Dylan Redwine has dropped from several dozen a day to about two or three per day. But investigators haven't given up on the case.

Dylan has been missing since Nov. 19, a day after arriving at his father's Vallecito home for a court-ordered visit during Thanksgiving break. The boy was living with his mother and brother in Colorado Springs.

His father says he last saw Dylan asleep when he left home early to do some errands. He reported the boy missing that afternoon.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/308940/339/Leads-dwindle-in-search-for-Dylan-Redwine
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 2 Empty Re: DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO

Post by mom_in_il Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Redwine family pleas for answers in son's disappearance

POSTED: 10:36 PM MST Jan 09, 2013
UPDATED: 10:40 PM MST Jan 09, 2013

MONUMENT, Colo. - As the days turn into weeks and months, the family of Dylan Redwine said it's still hard to believe. "It's an emotion you can't describe," said Elaine Redwine.

Dylan went missing from his father's Vallecito home during a court-ordered visit on Nov. 19.

Mark Redwine said he left Dylan at home to run some errands and the boy was gone when he returned.

"I never thought I'd be sitting here 52 days later, still no word ... never in a million years thought that would happen," said Elaine Redwine.

Dylan's older brother, Cory, said he went on many trips to see his dad. "We never had any reason to think something would go wrong," he said.

But now, Cory and Elaine said they have many unanswered questions.

"The last person to see Dylan was Mark. It angers me that he's not corresponding with us, that he won't speak to us, that he's choosing to lay low," she said.

They both believe there are clues and someone who knows something.

"I'm Dylan's mom. I've got to hope he's out there safe and whoever knows, has him, has compassion in their hearts to let him come home to his family," said Elaine.

Though her frustration with Mark is clear, she doesn't believe he would hurt their son.

"In my mind, I can't fathom a parent hurting their own child. I don't want to believe I picked so wrong that my ex-husband could hurt our son. So no, I don't believe that," said Elaine.

Dylan Redwine is described as 5 feet tall, 105 pounds, blond hair, blue eyes and fair complexion. He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two-tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

A tip line has been set up specifically for the search for Dylan Redwine at 970-382-7511.

The Durango La Plata Crime Stoppers also has a cash reward for information leading to Dylan. Crime Stoppers can be reached at 970-247-1112.

Citizens may also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

http://www.krdo.com/news/Redwine-family-pleas-for-answers-in-son-s-disappearance/-/417220/18076238/-/npdmtsz/-/index.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:06 am

Posted: 01/24/2013 02:37:47 PM MST
Updated: 01/24/2013 03:36:34 PM MST
By Denver Post staff
(Provided by La Plata County Sheriff's Office)

The La Plata County Sheriff's office on Thursday released new details about Dylan Redwine's whereabouts the day before he disappeared.

Dylan, 13, was reported missing on Nov. 19, less than a day after he arrived in La Plata County for a visit with his father.

Mark Redwine said he last saw his son early that morning at his home in Vallecito.

Officials revealed Thursday that Dylan arrived at Durango-La Plata airport at 5:46 p.m. Nov. 18; at 7:05 p.m., he was seen at a Durango Walmart; at 7:22 p.m., he went to a Durango McDonald's; and his last text message was sent at 9:37 p.m. on Nov. 18. They hope the information will yield new information.

A task force of local and federal law enforcement agencies continues fielding tips about the boy's whereabouts. Most recently, investigators, sometimes in snowshoes, have searched under bridges and other sites in La Plata County and two other places.

Other agencies have helped the search in other states, the sheriff's department wrote in a news release. Anyone with information on Dylan's whereabouts was urged to contact investigators Dan Patterson at 970-382-7015 or Tom Cowing at 970-382-7045.

Messages can also be left on a local tip line, 970-382-7511, or with Durango-La Plata Crime Stoppers, 970-247-1112.

The reward for clues in the case has grown to $50,450.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22442955/sheriff-releases-details-dylan-redwines-last-known-activities#ixzz2JVgLR7cG

Twinkletoes, I totally agree with your assessment of what happened to this dear boy. This is so very sad. Not really sure what the "new" information is in the Sheriff's report. Sadly I think Dylan will only be found if his father talks.
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:26 am

Ladibug, you are right. And... these child murderers have learned to just not talk.

My heart breaks for his mother. He didn't want to go and now he's dead. IMO.

If he had run away he would have called his mother. I hope the SOB didn't make him suffer when he murdered him.

All, in my opinion.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:19 am

MISSING PERSONS OF AMERICA - Latest News
Friday, January 25, 2013
Dylan Redwine: Protest Planned outside Dad's house

Posted photo of text message between Mark and Cory.
On Tuesday Cory wrote,
"A message from him
on December first seems
like two people in one
message and seems
to me someone is
a little jealous."
DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 2 Dylanredwinephone

On the eve before a group plans to picket the home of Mark Redwine, the father of missing Dylan Redwine, I decided to go back and look at some facts on this case.

Dylan was last seen on Nov. 19, 2012 by his father when he left to run errands that morning. Dylan had just flown in from Colorado Springs to visit his dad during the Thanksgiving school break.

Mark had agreed to take Dylan to visit his friends that day, but he stated that Dylan didn't get up so he left him sleeping on the couch.

When he returned around 11:30, the TV was on the Nickelodeon channel, a bowl of cereal was in the sink, and there was no Dylan.

When the police became involved in the case and the subsequent weeks afterwards, information surfaced that shined a bad light on Mark. Many were questioning why he was not appearing at vigils for Dylan and questioned his story about what happened, even going so far as to say that Dylan never made it back to the home.

There is no doubt that Dylan was with his dad when he got off the plane as the police have verified that Dylan and his dad went to a local McDonald's and Walmart. Whether he actually made it to the house is still being verified.

5:46 p.m. Dylan arrived at Durango-La Plata airport.
7:05 p.m. Dylan at Durango Walmart
7:22 p.m. Dylan at Durango McDonalds
9:37 p.m. Dylan’s last text to his friends.
Information surfaced in December that Mark was ticketed for child abuse, menacing trespass, assault and disorderly conduct in 2003 in Adams County. After reading this, you couldn't help but wonder if Mark was hiding his calm, low-key, almost shy personality, that he showed in his TV interviews early after Dylan disappeared. But, upon further investigating it was found that the charges did not stem from something he had done to his children, it was between a neighbor and him. Evidently, Mark got mad after the neighbor's kid broke a toy truck that belonged to Dylan. They argued on the neighbors property and after Mark left, the neighbor called the police. The charges were dropped except for the disorderly conduct which Redwine plead guilty to.

As I read over things I find out about the case I found it interesting that Elaine Hatfield who the show identifies as "Redwine", Dylan's mother, told Nancy Grace: "Dylan was always good. He always had to wake up for school early. So irrespective of what time he went to bed, you know, he was really good about waking up. So if he had plans at 6:30 to meet with his friends, you know, it`s uncharacteristic of him not to be up and ready. So, you know, I just -- I know him. And I know him very well. And I think that, you know, he definitely would have been up and ready at 6:30, 7:30, whenever in the morning."

Elaine continued to tell Nancy Grace it was, "Uncharacteristic that he wouldn't have woken up early that morning to get a ride 45 minutes into town to see his friends.

This comment is contradictory to what Mark Redwine said in December about Dylan's personality.

On Dec. 5, Mark told the KOAT news crew that he "laughed at him (Dylan) jokingly because I know him, if he ain't got to get up, he is not likely to get up if he doesn't have to." He went on to say that Dylan knew that he would take him when he got back. (I cannot embed the video but here is a link to it.) http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/New-photos-released-in-search-for-teen/-/9153762/17662772/-/6er2m2z/-/index.html

When Mark says, "He meant everything to me" during that interview it disturbs me because of his use of past tense, "meant". Try using it yourself when talking about your child, or a passing loved one. There is a great difference in the use of the word, especially emotionally, whether they are dead or alive.

Also, Elaine told Nancy Grace that she had taken a polygraph and that Mark had taken one but it was inconclusive. (This has been an ambiguous fact about the polygraph. Police will NOT state whether Elaine nor Mark took a test.)

A conversation in part says,

GRACE: Has the father taken a polygraph?

REDWINE: You know, I`m not sure. I know he`s been asked to.

GRACE: Do you know if he took it?

REDWINE: I do not at this time, no.

GRACE: Is it your understanding that he`s failed a polygraph?

REDWINE: No, I don`t think he failed a polygraph. You know, I don`t know the specifics behind that. I don`t think he necessarily failed. But you know, I don`t have any information on that. So it`s real -- it`s real tough for me to answer that question."

So, it is a little sketchy whether Mark did take a polygraph test.

Then I read that Cory posted on Facebook on Wednesday that his dad did NOT take a polygraph test.

"Hey everybody so this weekend is simply a protest to put pressure on mark. I want it to be peaceful and certainly not be a mob. This is all to find Dylan and not to bring any negative image to the people who care about him but most of all to Dylan. We just need to put pressure on the fact that mark hasn't taken a polygraph and that no effort has been shown." (Note that Cory is calling his dad by his first name).

Mark also told a KOAT news crew in Dec. that he was in contact with his other son, Cory, Dylan's brother, and his older son(unnamed) was actually in town with him to help look for Dylan, and they were uniting as a family.

But, now as of January 24, Cory announced on Facebook that he "planned to go to his father's house and stand outside until he got some answers."

Somewhere along the line, after that December TV interview, Mark is no longer communicating with Cory. So much so, that Cory is angry enough to physically confront his dad.

Since Mark learned that Cory is coming, along with a group of protesters he plans on not being there.

"I'm concerned about rocks being thrown through my window, people out there crazy enough to bring weapons," Mark told the Colorado Springs Gazette.

Katt Hawkins wrote about the Rally for Dylan that is was "meant to be a peaceful gathering to bring Dylan back to media, especially national media, attention. Additionally, the mission is to invite Dylan's father Mark Redwine to have a more active approach and involvement in the search for Dylan."

Mark confesses there are ill-feelings between his ex-wife and son and feels THAT is the motivation behind Cory's frustration.

With that statement, it seems that the cause of Cory's frustration is not clear to Mark, and he doesn't know or won't acknowledge that it is because he won't answer Cory's questions.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2013/01/dylan-redwine-update-on-case-jan-2013.html
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:22 am

Protesters target home of Dylan Redwine's father

DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 2 Redwinejpg_1359245020719_361462_ver1.0_320_240

Posted: 01/27/2013
Last Updated: 6 days ago

DURANGO, Colo. - About two-dozen people held a protest outside the home of the father of a missing 13-year-old boy near Durango on Saturday.

The protesters targeted the home of Mark Redwine, the father of Dylan Redwine. The boy disappeared just after arriving at his father's home on a court-ordered visit a few days before Thanksgiving. They want the father to be more active in the search for his son.

One protester held a sign that said, "Tell what you know."

Friends of Redwine's mother said that Mark Redwine hasn't been very involved in the search for their son. However the father said he hasn't been invited by the family to several events they held. The two talk only by text messages.

Crimestoppers is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading them to Dylan Redwine. Police are treating his disappearance as a criminal investigation.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/protesters-target-home-of-dylan-redwines-father
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 am

When this poor boy stopped texting he was dead, IMO.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Twinkletoes, you stated that very poetically. I believe you summed up this case. How very tragic. tears
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Dylan Redwine search continues with cadaver dogs

Updated: 02/06/2013 03:15:58 PM MST

MONUMENT — An Edgewood, N.M., canine forensics organization that specializes in finding cadavers will spend a couple of weeks in the Vallecito area looking for the body of the 13-year-old Monument boy who disappeared over the Thanksgiving holiday.

The nonprofit, Special Operations Inc., K-9 Forensics, will do the search at no charge, said owner Wendy Kessinger.

It will be a hard two weeks for the Redwine family.

Dylan Redwine disappeared Nov. 19 from his father's house in the Vallecito area near Bayfield, and clues to his whereabouts have been few. Searches for Dylan by volunteers and investigators have stopped. On Wednesday, he turns 14 and rallies called "Beams of Hope Birthday Blaze" will be held in Denver, Monument, Bayfield and Farmington, N.M.

Read the rest of this report, including an interview with Dylan's mother,s at Gazette.com

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22533587/dylan-redwine-search-continues-cadaver-dogs#ixzz2KAHUJuhK
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Dylan's father asked for the PI's help. Hmm?

Private Investigators Join Search for Dylan Redwine

Updated: Tue 11:42 PM, Feb 05, 2013

The father of a missing boy from the Colorado Springs area has asked local private investigators to join the search. Dylan Redwine went missing last November.

Hundreds of volunteers have given their time to search for the missing 13-year-old.

Tracy Kostecki is now one of them.

"It's difficult because all of us have our children; it puts it on a real personal level," Kostecki said Tuesday.

She is a private investigator with Colorado Springs based Rocky Mountain Investigations. Dylan’s dad Mark asked the team to join the search. They agreed to join the case pro-bono.

They’ve now traveled a number of times to where Dylan disappeared near Durango, going back over areas that have already been scoured.

“There's a lot of information out there, new information that I don't think has been looked at,” Kostecki said. “Everything is promising at this point.

Although she can't give specifics, Tracy says Dylan’s dad is cooperating. She's looking for any and every small hint.

"The most important goal is finding what happened to this little boy," she said.

Even the smallest useful piece of information could be the key to solving this mystery.

Dylan’s family here is holding a celebration in Monument Wednesday, which is Dylan’s 14th birthday.
It’s at Limbach Park on Front Street at 6:30 p.m.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Private-Investigators-Join-Search-for-Dylan-Redwine-189951501.html
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:13 am

ladibug wrote:Twinkletoes, you stated that very poetically. I believe you summed up this case. How very tragic. DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 2 380822

Thank you Ladibug.

Every time I come to this thread I hope to see they have found his body and/or arrested his father.

If only the judge had not forced this boy to go to his father's he would still be with him mom and texting all his friends.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Team Looking For Dylan Redwine Seeks Potential Witness

February 11, 2013 11:24 PM

VIDEO

DURANGO, Colo. (AP) – Investigators looking for a boy last seen in the Vallecito area on Nov. 19 say they hope to talk to a man seen in the north end of Vallecito that day.

La Plata County sheriff’s officials said Monday the man might not realize he could be a potential witness who could help find Dylan Redwine.

Investigators say they recently interviewed someone who remembered speaking to the man, who asked where to find gasoline for his vehicle Nov. 19.

The man said he was looking at rental properties. He is described as Hispanic, between ages 45 and 50, about 5-feet-10-inches tall, and about 170 pounds.

DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 2 Dylan-redwine1
Dylan Redwine, in images from surveillance video at the DurangoDYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 2 Icon1 Airport, right, and in a Durango Walmart on the day before he disappeared. (credit: La Plata County Sheriff)

Dylan’s 14th birthday was last week. He lives in the Monument area with his mother but was visiting his dad in southwest Colorado in November.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/11/team-looking-for-dylan-redwine-seeks-potential-witness/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:07 am

Cadaver dogs join search for Dylan Redwine
K-9 Forensics team searching for missing teen

Published 9:00 AM MST Feb 18, 2013

K-9 Forensics has set up camp in Durango and will be using cadaver dogs to search for any sign of Dylan Redwine. Redwine went missing late last year while on a court-ordered visit with his father.

K-9 Forensics mission is to give closure to families of lost loved ones. Their hope this week is to find answers for the Redwine family.

“I can't even imagine a family trying to sleep at night knowing their child is either in the water some place, underwater, buried someplace, lost, gone,” said Wendy Kessinger with K-9 Forensics.

The New Mexico organization will begin searching in the Bayfield area north of Durango and near Redwine father’s home, where the teen was last seen.

“We plan on staying out here for two weeks. If there isn't any luck at that time, then as the snow starts to go away we will come back again,” Kessinger said.

The group has a specially trained team of cadaver dogs that can pick up a scent on something as small as a tooth.

“We have the tools. We have the K-9's and one K-9 is worth 40 people,” Kessinger said.

The group hopes to find the teen. At the very least, they hope to rule out areas to help focus future searches.

“If we do find Dylan, it’s bittersweet. It's closure and its sorrow,” Kessinger said.

DURANGO, Colo. —K-9 Forensics met with Redwine’s family last week to profile the teen. They said it helps them search when they get to know more about the missing person.

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/Cadaver-dogs-join-search-for-Dylan-Redwine/-/9153762/18585854/-/13dat2fz/-/index.html

ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 am

This makes my heart for him and his poor mother.

I can't get past the judge forcing him to visit his father and him not wanting to. He sent his mom a sad face on his phone. Can you imagine the last memory of your child is knowing he is unhappy and missing you? DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 2 133385

I would be so happy to be wrong about this but I have thought all along he has been murdered. DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 2 93190

My prayers go out for Dylan and his family and loved ones. DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 2 719242
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:17 am

Twinkletoes, I couldn't agree more tears I just get so upset over judges, state, whomever mandating decisions like this. I know there are many loving, good fathers out there but in so many cases the absent father just wants to control; it's a power play to "take" something from the mother and to hurt her, there is no true bond or love for the children. You'd think that would be somewhat obvious. In Dylan's case he was certainly old enough (imho) to have his feelings about where he stayed taken seriously. I have a lot of sympathy for many of the mothers who run into hiding with their children-just because they know that the 'father' only wants custody for his ego. And look at what happens....

And now they are searching with the cadaver dogs again and my heart just sinks. I too hold my breath as I open this link when there is a new post. Crying or Very sad
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:48 am

Dylan Redwine's family slices open Vallecito Lake to search for missing teen

2:05 PM, Feb 24, 2013
Kevin Torres

LA PLATA COUNTY - The family of a missing teenage boy from Monument returned to Southwest Colorado Sunday morning to search an area of Vallecito Lake for Dylan Redwine.

Redwine, 14, disappeared a week before Thanksgiving in 2012. He was last seen at his father's home near Bayfield, Colorado.

Directly after he disappeared, members of the La Plata County Sheriff's Department as well as a dive team from New Mexico searched a portion of Vallecito lake for Redwine.

In November, K9 forensic dogs picked up a human scent under the lake, but dive teams discovered nothing. Since then, Redwine's family has started their own independent investigation.

Out of curiosity they wanted to return to the lake and have the dogs sniff it out again. On Sunday morning, they sliced open a portion of the frozen lake and put the dogs to work. It's unclear whether the dogs were able to pick up a scent again.

The La Plata County Sheriff's Department was not a part of Sunday's search of the lake.

The family set up a Dylan Redwine Facebook Page to keep everyone up to date on the investigation: https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/319220/222/Dylan-Redwines-family-slices-open-Vallecito-Lake-to-search-for-missing-teen
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:58 pm

New clue surfaces in search for Dylan Redwine

Posted at: 02/27/2013 5:13 PM
Updated at: 02/27/2013 8:23 PM
By: Eddie Garcia, KOB Eyewitness News 4

After more than three months of disappointment and dead ends, a new clue has surfaced in the search for missing Colorado teen Dylan Redwine.

It came from the East Mountain search-and-rescue group KOB Eyewitness News 4 introduced to the Redwine family.

It's nothing but ice, snow and sub-zero temperatures at Vallecito Lake - but K-9 Forensics says they are making some headway.

A hound picked up on a scent on the east side of the lake.

The La Plata County Sheriff's Office hadn't heard about the hit when we called them this morning, but they do say a lot of new tips have come flooding in lately.

"Every now and then we'll get one that will be classified as a tip and we're still sorting through those," said Sgt. Dan Bender.

The renewed interest is because of a recent interview with the family on national television.

In just the last day over a hundred of tips have flooded the sheriff's office.

"Any time there is any regional or national coverage in our search for Dylan we get a spike in calls," said Bender.

Although this latest clue, this hit on the east side of Vallecito Lake could be anything - investigators hope some light will be shed on this case and that it will lead them to Dylan.

The La Plata County Sheriff's Office says they've searched the east side of the lake with divers and sonar in the past and weren't able to find anything.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2946344.shtml?cat=504

mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:36 pm

Several family members point finger at Mark Redwine in Dylan's disappearance

Posted: Friday, March 1, 2013 6:57 am | Updated: 10:37 am, Fri Mar 1, 2013.
Lisa Collacott; lcollacott@ourcoloradonews.com

Elaine Redwine just wants her son, Dylan Redwine, home and she hopes that her ex-husband had nothing to do with his disappearance but she said it is possible.

Appearing on the Dr. Phil show on Feb. 26 and 27 Elaine Redwine said that when she first heard that Dylan was missing her gut reaction was that her husband had something to do with it. Dr. Phil McGraw, a well-known mental health professional, is the host of the Dr. Phil daytime talk show.

“I do believe that Mark had something to do with Dylan's disappearance. I do believe he knows more,” Elaine Redwine said.

Elaine and Mark Redwine came face-to-face for the first time since their son went missing. She and other family members believe Mark Redwine knows more than he is letting on and that he is not doing anything to help find Dylan.

Elaine Redwine said her ex-husband has been very evasive and when he informed her that their son was missing he did it by text message and has refused to talk to her. In fact he hasn't talked to her in three years. She said she has tried on a number of occasions to talk to him and being on the show would provide a forum for her to do so and get questions answered.

Dylan Redwine disappeared on Nov. 19 after going to visit his father for Thanksgiving in Vallecito. Mark Redwine has said that he went to run errands that morning and when he got back Dylan was gone. He assumed that the teen was with his friends because he was supposed to meet up with them that day. When he didn't return later that afternoon he reported him missing. Dylan's backpack and cell phone were also missing. The last text Dylan sent was at approximately 9:30 p.m. the night before.

A mail carrier has said she saw Dylan and another boy walking down the road the day he went missing and reiterated that during a pre-recorded message on the Dr. Phil show, however the La Plata County Sheriff's Office has not been able to confirm that.

Mark Redwine told Dr. Phil that he believes Elaine Redwine could have something to do with Dylan's disappearance because over the last few months she has been trying to keep Dylan from him. He also said that she did not try to call him after Dylan disappeared. She responded by telling him that he always lies.

“Where is Dylan? You know where Dylan is Mark. You where the last one to see him, you were the last one to have any contact with him. It was on your watch. Where is the responsibility? When do you sit back and say `I lost Dylan',” Elaine Redwine yelled.

Elaine Redwine isn't the only one who thinks Mark Redwine had something to do with Dylan's disappearance. Their older son Cory believes Mark is responsible as well as Betsy, Mark's first wife, and their son Brandon.

Cloud of suspicion

During the show Cory Redwine, who refuses to call Mark Redwine dad, said that, “I do believe that he took Dylan to punish my mom and essentially hurt her. I do believe Mark is paying someone to keep Dylan hidden.”

“I don't like you. I hate you. You have been nothing of a father for the last 10 years,” Cory Redwine said to Mark Redwine.

It was revealed on the show that in May of 1990 Mark Redwine violated a court order and kept his sons Brandon and Mark Allen from Besty. And then in 2003 and 2006 Mark had taken Cory and Dylan without telling Elaine.

Mark Redwine said there was a time when he took the kids to a friend's house until he could talk to his attorney the following day. He said he was concerned because of Elaine's alcohol use. Dr. Phil said Mark's first wife Betsy had told him that Mark was abusive. Betsy said Mark threatened to take the kids from her several times and that there was an incident when Mark threw her on the ground and repeatedly punched her in the face.

“I believe that Mark could do something to harm Dylan because he has a violent temper and he snaps easily,” Besty added.

“I never raised my hand to her and I never hit her with an open hand or a fist. There was times when we got into pushing matches and I recall a time when she was standing in the door and she wouldn't let me leave through the door and I physically removed her and threw her on the bed,” Mark Redwine told Dr. Phil.

An ex-girlfriend of Mark Redwine was also on the show and said she doesn't believe Mark would harm Dylan and she saw him as a loving father and he has been treated unfairly.

The La Plata County Sheriff's Office does not consider Mark or Elaine Redwine suspects in the disappearance of Dylan. Both have taken polygraph tests. Elaine passed her polygraph and Mark Redwine said he was told that he didn't pass and then he was told that the results were inconclusive and that there were some questions as to whether or not the person giving the polygraph test was qualified.

“That is unfair to you. That is absolutely unfair to you if they bring you someone that is unqualified or an inexperienced polygraph operator and put a cloud over you. That is absolutely unfair to you,” Dr. Phil said to Mark Redwine, adding that he had the best polygraph operator and resources available to him if he would like to clear his name.

The Polygraph Test

Prior to the polygraph Dr. Phil said if one of his sons were missing he would be doing everything possible to find them but he told Mark Redwine that he was acting the complete opposite. Mark Redwine did not show any emotion during the two-day taping of the show.

“You seem diametrically opposite from that. You seem smug, you seem cavalier, you seem unplugged, you seem combative. You just seem like you just aren't engaged. Which makes me think either you don't care or you already have the answer,” Dr. Phil told Mark Redwine.

Back stage Dr. Phil told Mark that if he takes the polygraph and he has nothing to do with Dylan's disappearance it will clear him.

“I don't know what happened here. If you have your son stashed somewhere or if God forbid you flew into a rage and you hurt him accidentally and he's dead, if something has happened I will help you deal with it now and we will go recover that young man. Because if you are involved it's just a matter of time,” Dr. Phil said, adding that his offer had a shelf life. “If you're not involved then there's something seriously wrong with you because your reaction to this, something's wrong.”

Mark Redwine responded by saying he's not afraid of the truth and said he feels like his being attacked. He said he's not a violent person and agreed to take a polygraph. Dr. Phil arranged for Jack Trimarco to administer the test but when it came down to it he backed out first saying his blood pressure was up and he would do it the next day. The next day 20 minutes into the test Mark Redwine said he didn't sleep well the night before and had drank a half a bottle of Jim Beam and said he didn't feel well enough.

Trimarco said in all of years of giving polygraph tests he had never encountered anyone who refused to take a polygraph test in a missing child case whether they were involved or not.

http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/news/several-family-members-point-finger-at-mark-redwine-in-dylan/article_e98ce2fa-8277-11e2-80f5-001a4bcf887a.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:53 pm

I have believed since day one that he murdered this poor child.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:37 am

Twinkletoes, you know I agree but here is some more "official" support.

Snipped from Statement Analysis, I've just included the last portion which is still quite long. Please follow link to read the entire analysis, it is quite revealing.

Friday, March 1, 2013

The following is speculation and opinion on what I believe happened to 13 year old Dylan Redwine, months ago, after a court ordered visit with Mark Redwine, Dylan's biological father.

It is based upon, principally, the words of Mark Redwine. After these words, I considered Elaine Redwine's words, some of the details of the case, and the appearance of Mark Redwine on the Dr. Phil Show. I have also taken Behavioral Analysis into consideration into this opinion.

What Statement Analysis has concluded is this:

Dylan Redwine is known by Mark Redwine to be deceased, and that Mark Redwine is deceptively withholding information on what happened to Dylan. Dylan did not go missing, but met his fate at the hands of his father, who has since hidden Dylan's remains.

Mark Redwine on the Dr. Phil Show

Mark Redwine's eyes lit up whenever Elaine Redwine's pain became evident. He thoroughly enjoyed himself and the attention, but his particular delight was seeing Elaine on the verge of coming apart at the seams. Her visibly evident pain brought Mark Redwine satisfaction; the satisfaction he sought, I believe, when he silenced Dylan and sought to inflict unceasing pain upon Elaine, for the rest of her life.

He enjoyed himself because he enjoyed his success.

He is a controller, who needs to pummel others, and the court that ordered Dylan to visit him, sentenced Dylan to his death unawares.

The ego of a liar.

Elaine pointed out that Mark did not know how to construct lies about Dylan. He could not even invent a proper television channel for the 13 year old boy which later Mark Redwine used to feign good parenting while portraying Elaine in the negative.

This was not a "he said; she said" case like some media outlets may like to portray. This was a mother pleading for her child, allowing the killer to bask in his moment of satisfaction, all in the hope of a single slip of the tongue which would allow the mother to bring her baby angel home for proper burial.

Angel

This is the word Elaine used to describe Dylan to me. He is now her "angel", as she has come to accept that Mark Redwine took Dylan from her, and she needs to find him, to bury her son, and grieve her loss.

The Focus

Elaine's focus was Dylan.
Dr. Phil's focus was on Dylan, and on some of the drama that unfolded. He did well, at times, by appealing to the ego of Mark Redwine.
Mark's focus was Elaine. He honed his skills of abuse over many years, and has hurt many others in life, but it was his almost uncontrollable giddiness over hurting Elaine that confirmed to him, that he, in his twisted logic of control and harm, did the 'right thing' in silencing Dylan's defense of his mother.

Mark Redwine got the ultimate revenge on Elaine, hurting her in the one spot she could never heal from: by taking her youngest child from her.

Mark Redwine holds the world in contempt. There's little doubt that he will, eventually, blame Dylan for what happened, after he is done blaming Elaine. Perhaps he will blame the judge who mandated Dylan's ill-fated visit.

Dylan spoke up.

This is what I believe happened.

Dylan spoke up for his mom.

Dylan did not want to be with his father, announcing his arrival with a symbolic sad face on a text message to his mother.

Acutely narcissistic, Mark Redwine knew his son did not want to be with him, but wanted to be at home with his mother, and if he could not be with his mother, he would want to see his friends.

I believe that in that trip to McDonalds, the escalation from Mark Redwine increased exponentially as he saw that Dylan loved his mother, and reached its zenith at the home where, I believe, Mark Redwine first verbally attacked Dylan's mother, and when Dylan spoke up for his mother, the boy's bravery and character was more than Mark Redwine could bear and his trademark anger broke loose upon the small boy, with his wrath unsatisified until he could not longer 'wake' Dylan up; that is, resussictate Dylan. This is the verbal description of Mark Redwine in which his mind went as he sought for words to deceive.

Mark Redwine is a sociopath who will be viewed much like Scott Peterson: having gone on national television, feigning care, while harboring the secret of murder.

How many viewers saw him speak, and barely contain the flash of joy in his eyes, when he saw the pain he inflicted upon Elaine?

Dr. Phil's manipulation of Mark Redwine's ego is to be commended. He told Redwine that he would provide for him the ultimate opportunity to clear his name via the polygraph test, taking the liar in his own pride.

Remember: liars are those who fabricate reality. Mark Redwine is right up there with Billie Jean Dunn and Justin DiPietro.

All three are liars who killed and all three were baited into taking polygraphs, knowing they would fail. All knew that once they take the polygraph, they were going to fail, but they have, all three, grown so used to being successful in their lies that they could not cancel and get out of the test. Even Shawn Adkins had the presence of mind to avoid the polygraph. * (This is the basis for my belief that had Shawn Adkins been arrested, he would have revealed the location of Hailey Dunn's body. He is not a confident liar, did not want to take the polygraph, and had to be talked into it by Billie Dunn. Later, Shawn Adkins' family paid for him to take a private polygraph, believing that the police had, as Adkins claimed, "set him up." They paid for it and he took it, and promptly failed it just as he did the police administered polygraph.)*

Mark Redwine's pride built up in him, over all the years of successful lying, betrayed him, and caused him to "prove" to the challenge of Dr. Phil's words, that he could pass the test.

For Mark Redwine, Billie Dunn and Justin DiPietro, the polygraph itself, was the ends, and not the means.

For police, the polygraph is a means of which they use to eliminate the innocent, allowing them to move on in the investigation and find the missing child. For the three killers above, it was not about passing the polygraph to find their children, it was about "beating" the polygraph.

Did you notice that all three share something else in common about the polygraph?

All three disparaged the administration of it.

Billie Dunn, in her brutal attack on the English language said "they had me faithful in that lie detector" ; which translates into blaming the police for removing her faith in the polygraph.
Justin DiPietro blamed police for not "giving" him the results. He did not "pass" the polygraph, instead, he "smoked" it.
Mark Redwine attempted to disparage the credentials of the polygraph administrator.

All three disparaged the polygraph that they sought to "beat" rather than pass, including Dunn showing up stoned to take it.

All three share in common deep and abiding hatred of innocence.

All three despise the judicial innocence of youth.

All three were spoke out, eventually, about the "missing" child, and all three were taken in their own words.

Statement Analysis got to the truth of Baby Ayla, when DiPietro was finally goaded into speaking out, just as Mark Redwine, another "emotionally incapable" father, did finally speak out, and when he did, we knew.

We knew.

I wish we didn't.

Before that, we had hope that Dylan was a missing 13 year old who would be fine.

I knew that when Crime Wire attempted to make contact with Elaine, that she would have to hear the results of the analysis of Mark's initial media interview.

She knew.

She wishes she didn't.

Mark Redwine has been publicly humiliated before a national audience on a TV show seen by millions. The next move is his.

Will a Joe Tacopina step forward, smelling the free publicity, and squash the case police are building against Mark Redwine, the way he did in the case against Deboarah Bradley in the Baby Lisa case? I believe that police were thisclose to Bradley confessing and allowing Lisa burial when Tacopina swooped in with his Rolex watch and $700 per hour price tag. The DA folded up tent and went home. The police, once bravado in their press conferences, packed up and went home. The FBI, tail between its legs, actually shared evidence with Joe Tacopina BEFORE any charges against Bradley were filed. Re-run the video of Tacopina making that announcement and tell me if you can't see his chest swelling with pride knowing the FBI begged him to cut a deal, but he said, "no, thanks, boys, we're moving on..." and all was well with Bradley and Irwin.

Only Baby Lisa was left to rot in the river, without a Christian burial.

Let us hope it is not the case with Dylan Redwine.

Elaine has suffered enough. In fact, we can safely say that the long years married to Mark Redwine were suffering enough for a lifetime. Mark Redwine has won. He has inflicted pain which will never cease, as Elaine can look at herself in the mirror, month by month, and see year by year age progression, as she ages a year for every month Dylan is "out there", unburied.

His glee was barely contained when he attempted to portray Elaine as a mastermind kidnapper, dopey enough to send Dylan on a plane, only to tag along and take him. At least Dr. Phil did not allow that to pass without some biting sarcasm. I appreciated Dr. Phil's rebuttal to that.

Dr. Phil got Mark Redwine backed into a corner, by exploiting the abuser's own ego. This was a good technique, as pointed out by Kaaryn Gough. The follow up will be interesting, too, but what matters most now is Justice for Dylan.

Justice for Dylan.

Without forensics to allow Dylan to be heard, we will have to rely upon Mark Redwine's version of what happened.

For some, this is injustice.

Not so, for us.

Statement Analysis gets to the truth and whatever version Mark Redwine ultimately makes, we will know the truth from deception. We will use his words, and see them in context, and carefully apply the principles of analysis, and we will know.

We will know.

I believe that Dylan died because he refused to let Mark Redwine trample his mother. This is my belief.

I hold out that Dylan was noble, even as a young man should be.

Like the story of the boy who came into Sunday School, disheveled from a fight, Dylan stands tall. The boy came into class and the teacher asked him what had happened. The boy explained that he got into a fight because another boy had insulted his mother. The Sunday School teacher rewarded the boy for his desire to stand up for his mother and gave him a coin and told him that if he gets into a fight to uphold his mother or sister's honor, he will give him another coin, each and every time he defends one of them. When the board heard of this, they dismissed the Sunday School teacher.

The teacher's name?

Theodore Roosevelt.

I hold that Dylan loved his mother, and did not want to visit his father, but would not join an evil alliance and agree with Mark against his mom.

I believe that Dylan Redwine died because he loved his mother, and it was this love that Mark Redwine could not abide.

Let us continue to pray for Justice for Dylan Redwine and push prosecutors to have courage and face down Dylan's killer. Sure, Mark Redwine will eventually tell us that he did not intend to harm Dylan, that it was an accident in a moment's anger, but his own words will betray him. We will know.

We will know.

Justice for Dylan Redwine.

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:56 am

Thanks Ladibug.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:10 am

Missing Person Dylan Redwine Still Missing
Posted on April 13, 2013 by InvestigatorKelly

With the fragile beginnings of a thaw along the edges of Vallecito Lake, the search for Dylan Redwine — the Monument boy who disappeared from his father’s house Nov. 19 — is heating up.

This spring, once the lake sheds the ice, it’s the new focus, said Denise Hess, lead organizer of volunteers searching for Dylan.

“The whole idea here is that one of three things is going to happen: We’re going to find Dylan. We may find somebody else and another family has closure, or there’s nothing in the lake and we can eliminate it altogether and focus on somewhere else,” Hess said.

http://liarcatchers.com/missing_persons_investigations.html

The earliest the lake is expected to thaw enough for searchers would be mid-April, she said.

A lot has happened during a cold and brutal winter in the high country of southwest Colorado where Dylan disappeared.

Dylan turned 14.

As of April 2, 273 inches of snowfall smothered the ground at Durango Mountain Resort.

The Redwine family, Dylan’s mom Elaine, brother Corey, and father Mark, appeared on the Dr. Phil Show. Mark and Elaine are divorced.

There were tears, anger and accusations.

Elaine and Corey accused Mark of being involved in Dylan’s disappearance. Mark accused Elaine of being involved. Mark bailed on a lie detector test.

Nothing was resolved.

Searchers have come and gone. Investigators have turned up few leads. The few they received have been fruitless.

Dan Bender, spokesman for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, said investigators continued to follow leads over the winter, in some cases searching under bridges and snowshoeing up to cabins.

Spring brings hope.

The organization Hess heads, “Find Missing Dylan Redwine,” is trying to raise money to hire teams that specialize in deep water searches.

Several have been contacted, and a couple have told Hess they won’t charge for the search, but their expenses such as lodging and travel need to be paid.

“These people know water, they know how it acts and they have made many, many water recoveries,” Hess said.

The lake has been searched by a search and rescue team from the New Mexico State Patrol. That team included dogs, divers, several boats and sonar.

But there were complications. Because of the lake’s depth — averaging 30 to 40 feet, the altitude of the lake and temperature of the water, divers could stay down only 20 minutes a day, Bender said.

The dogs, however, alerted to human scents at a few spots in the lake, which the divers searched.

“There was nothing suspicious found,” he said. “Having said that, it’s almost 12 miles around the lake. It’s very large and that’s not to say there isn’t a chance that Dylan could be in the lake. But we checked it as thoroughly as we could at that time.”

Technology may be the difference maker.

“No offense to the sheriff’s office, the divers are great, but these people are trained specifically for this and we feel there is a big difference,” she said.

The specialists who’ve been contacted use 180-degree sonar on a cable that can be dropped into the water as long as necessary.

If the sonar detects something, a remotely operated underwater vehicle will be used for additional investigation. An ROV is operated remotely by a person on a boat. They are commonly used by deepwater industries.

The areas of the lake that will be searched include the deepest spots along the dam and along the eastern shoreline, Hess said.

The lake “needs to be eliminated one way or another. The cadaver dogs hit on something,” Hess said. “What did you hit on? We don’t know.”

http://liarcatchers.com/blog/?p=16226
ladibug
ladibug

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:52 pm

I hope that they find this poor boy soon and that the weather preserved any evidence.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue May 21, 2013 8:15 am

Dylan Redwine Case: Father Of Missing Durango Boy Criticizes Search Efforts

Posted: 05/20/2013 5:32 pm EDT | Updated: 05/20/2013 8:24 pm EDT
DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 2 R-DYLAN-REDWINE-FATHER-large570
An undated photo provided by the La Plata County, Colo., sheriff's
office shows Dylan Redwine. Teams are searching around Vallecito Lakes,
Colo., for 13-year-old Redwine who has been missing for a week. (AP
Photo/LaPlata County Sheriff's Office)

The father of a 14-year-old boy who has been missing for six months is criticizing how missing children's cases are handled by
authorities in a written statement.

In an interview with The Durango Herald, Mark Redwine said that no Amber Alert was issued when his son Dylan first went missing on Nov. 19 because the case didn't meet the criteria for an alert.

“I am asking that we stop and evaluate the process as a community, to come up with a more productive approach in the search for Dylan and missing children across the country. No child who is missing should have to wait for certain criteria to be met before the public is notified and an alert be sent out," Redwine wrote. "I am asking that we stop and evaluate the process as a community, to come up with a more productive approach in the search for Dylan and missing children across the country. I feel more should be done anytime a child goes missing."

According to the U.S. Department of Justice Amber Alert site, law enforcement are required to confirm an abduction before they can
issue an alert. The Amber Alert focuses on stranger abductions and requires that law enforcement take a "best judgement" approach as to whether issuing an alert is appropriate or necessary.

Dylan had been spending a court-ordered Thanksgiving visit with his father Mark Redwine when his father reported him missing from the home.

Mark Redwine contacted the Bayfield Marshal's Office that day to ask for help finding Dylan, and the teen's mother contacted the La Plata County Sheriff's Office to report the disappearance. Dylan's parents are divorced.

Authorities have said that they do not believe Dylan ran away, in part because he has his cellphone and has not contacted any of his friends.

A week after the disappearance, investigators served a search warrant on Mark Redwine's home that hasn't turned up anything, while search teams have been using cadaver dogs and divers who have searched the Vallecito Lake-area numerous times.

"Mark's and Dylan's interactions and activities within the community on November 18th and 19th, as well as tips related to persons, locations and sightings remain under investigation," the sheriff's office told The Denver Post.

In February, Dylan's parents taped a heated segment on Dr. Phil.

"I didn't lose Dylan," Mark Redwine said on the taped segment.

"Then why is he gone?" Dylan's mother Elaine Redwine asks. "You have to answer that question. You had him, where is he?"

Elaine Redwine and son Cory have both accused Mark Redwine of being involved in Dylan's disappearance, a charge that he has denied again and again.

"I feel the same pain, hurt and feeling of helplessness you and your mother feel," Mark Redwine wrote to his son Cory in the letter. "I can't make this any more clear, I don't have Dylan, I have never had Dylan and I absolutely do not know where Dylan is."

Anyone with information about the disappearance of Dylan Redwine is being asked to call La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson 970-382-7015 or Tom Cowing 970-382-7045. There is also a tip line at 970-382-7511 that is being checked regularly by investigators. There is a reward of more than $50,000.

DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 2 Slide_283236_2156368_free

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/20/dylan-redwine-father-criticizes-search-efforts-amber-alert_n_3308569.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue May 21, 2013 8:39 am

Now he complains? I still think he's responsible. He's speaking up now because he knows the body has decomposed and will yield no evidence, just like Caylee's didn't after rotting 6 months.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next