Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 2 Empty Re: IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL

Post by twinkletoes Sun May 12, 2013 4:31 am

What a trooper. After all she has gone through she is still smiling. Such a beautiful smile. God bless her.

Thanks William for keeping us posarws. IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 2 616541
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 2 Empty Re: IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL

Post by willcarney Mon May 13, 2013 2:21 pm

Church celebrates Ireland's recovery
Posted: May 12, 2013 By: Aaron Mesmer, FOX 13 News

CLEARWATER (FOX 13) - A little girl who lost both of her feet in a lawn mower accident last month received another happy homecoming Sunday during her first time back to church in Clearwater.

Pastor Dennis Reid spent roughly the first 15 minutes of the service welcoming Ireland Nugent and her family back to Trinity Presbyterian Church, then the congregation gave them a standing ovation.

"To see them back is just fantastic," Reid said after the service.

Ireland, 2, had her feet cut off four weeks ago when her father accidentally backed over them on the family's riding lawn mower. She spent the weeks that followed recovering in the hospital before being released last weekend.

Reid said it's fitting the Nugents' return to his church coincides with Mother's Day.

"To have [Ireland] back on Mother's Day is just a testament to how strong [her mother] Nicole has been."

Nicole Nugent has been credited with being the family's rock while Ireland recovered in the hospital. She said she's been through many Mother's Days, but never celebrated one that meant quite as much as this year's holiday.

"It makes you just appreciate all your kids and hug them a little bit tighter and just that she's here, it just brings such joy that we're all still together," Nicole Nugent said. "She still is Ireland and still is that happy little girl, just not running yet, but will be."

Ireland is scheduled to receive her first set of prosthetic feet in the next two to three weeks.

Next weekend she'll meet "Winter," the dolphin who gained fame because of her prosthetic tail and the 2011 movie about it titled "Dolphin Tale."

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/22229524/church-celebrates-irelands-recovery

Click on link and view the video. I'm not good at posting video's yet. She might get her first artificial feet in a few weeks, wow. It will be real nice to see the little angel walk again. William

https://www.facebook.com/#!/IrelandNugentSupport?hc_location=stream
willcarney
willcarney

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Mon May 13, 2013 2:25 pm

On Mother's Day, Ireland Nugent makes return to her church
IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 2 Ireland-church-friend-51213
For the first time since being badly injured in a lawn mower accident last month, 2-year-old Ireland Nugent attended church with her family in Clearwater to celebrate Mother’s Day. (PHOTO: RaeChelle Davis, Staff)

CLEARWATER --
For the first time since being badly injured in a lawn mower accident last month, 2-year-old Ireland Nugent attended church with her family in Clearwater to celebrate Mother’s Day.

The 2-year-old Palm Harbor girl spent nearly a month in the hospital after both of her legs were severed at mid-calf in a lawn mower accident.

“We welcome back to Trinity, Ireland Nugent! Welcome home baby!” said Pastor Dennis Reid as he recognized the family during the service.

Ireland received a standing ovation from the church’s congregation.

It was the Mother’s Day gift Nicole Nugent was hoping for.

“I’m so thankful that we’re all still here. We may be different but we’re all still here and together and it could have been a much much different Mother’s Day all together and just having everybody here and together makes it very special,” said Nugent.

Pastor Reid gave the family a special blessing. He charged Nicole and Jerry with putting their love for each other first so their family can thrive. He reminded them not to feel sorry for Ireland but to encourage her determination.

“I saw one of the Facebook pages that said oh poor this and poor that. Never tell those words to this girl,” said Pastor Reid.

On Monday, Ireland and her mother will return to Trinity Presbyterian preschool. Nicole is the school’s director.

“Her staff has done a fantastic job covering for her absence but they’re ready to have their leader back and I know Nicole’s ready to be back as well. And we’ll see how Ireland does. We’re going to let her manage how long she stays,” said Pastor Reid.

“She’s got a procedure on Tuesday so we’ll be out Tuesday,” said Nugent. But Monday she’s gonna be back and back with her friends.”

After hugs and well wishes at Sunday’s service the Nugent’s said they were glad to return to their routine of church and work as they adjust to Ireland’s needs.

Pastor Reid said more than $110,000 has been raised for Ireland’s medical needs.

He asked the family to find a way to give back some of the blessings that have been given to them.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2013/5/12/on_mother_s_day_irel.html

This little angel has captured my heart. It's so nice that she's doing better all the time. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue May 14, 2013 3:05 am

I'm so proud of this little brave angel.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Tue May 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Ireland was in scheduled surgery this morning at 7am to remove the pin from her thumb. This is just in from Nicole.

"Ireland is in recovery. Everything went well. She will be in this cast for 2 weeks. Wounds look good, alignment looks good, she in on her way."

She is one step closer to getting her new legs!

https://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/IrelandNugentSupport?hc_location=stream

Children heal fast but I think the love, prayers and her spirit have made all the difference in her case. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedelcorpo Fri May 17, 2013 11:57 am

Hi Will, I came upon this blog while actually researching lawnmower accident statistics.

I am Ireland's Grandfather and would like to thank you for your kind words for Ireland. She really is something special. Quite a handful still and has been doing really good with her physical therapy. She continues to heal everyday, but emotionally, as soon as she came out of the sedation, she had the same smiles and giggles she had before this terrible accident.

I like to share a little more on the story of how this terrible accident happened. Unfortunately, the press/media in their frenzy to report, never really got any of the facts of the story correct. Soon the story really became all about Ireland and most lost interest in the how after seeing our beautiful granddaughter.

I'd like to give you a little background on my son in law, Jerry first. Jerry is without question the best son in law that a father/grandfather could wish for his daughter and grandchildren. Jerry has always been the brunt of a lot of family jokes about his obsession of safety. When they bought the house that they are in (they've only lived there a little over a year) before they could move in Jerry installed safety latches on all lower kitchen cabinet, medicine cabinets in the bathroom, had safety knobs put on all the doors, and locks/chains put on the doors out of the children's reach. When he looked at the electrical plugs in the house he noticed that most were not grounded type plugs. He changed every plug in the house, installed ground faults where they should have been, and caps on all the outlets. The house had an older pool, so a safety fence was installed around the pool, suction preventers were put in the drains and locks were installed on all doors leading to the pool out of the reach of the children. The screen door leading from the pool to the outside had a latch (hook type) installed as well, again out of the reach of the children. They have a total of 7 children by the way, from 14 down to Ireland at 2 1/2 years. So safety wise, he thought he had everything covered. That is until the night of April 10th.

On that evening my son in law as usual had returned home from work a little late. He works for the county and had some last minute things to finish up. My daughter had returned home from work, she works as the Day Care Director for Trinity Presbyterian Church, and as usual, she was running late as well. It was a cool evening and my son in law grabbed his bottle of water and grabbed the riding mower and told my daughter he was going to cut the lawn, get the kids inside and he would be in as soon as he was done to help with the regular nightly chores. This was at 7PM. Meanwhile my daughter was inside with the kids getting dinner ready. The 2 smallest, Ireland and Giavanna wanted to ride their toy cars (the kind you sit on and push with your feet) on the pool deck. They played while my daughter got dinner ready and watched them through the window. My daughter turned to grab something from the fridge and when she turned back saw that Ireland had stood up on her toy and pushed the lock up and started to open the door. As she yelled her name, as most babies will do, she started to run faster. My daughter started to run after her and then changed directions to run to the front of the house through the garage to stop my son in law as he came up the drive way. The blades where still engaged as he was using the mower to blow off the grass clippings from the driveway. He doesn't have a blower. Just then my daughter came out from the garage waving her hands for him to stop. Then she started to point behind him and yell Ireland, which he didn't hear over the mower. She pointed behind him and thinking he was about to run over something he put the mower in reverse. He did take a quick look behind him, but unfortunately for us all, and especially Ireland, she was in a blind space and he backed over her.

Here are a couple things to note; 1) the mower as soon as it went into reverse with the blades engaged should have killed the motor, it didn't. 2) he had jumped off the mower as soon as he realized he had hit her. The mower should have been killed, it didn't. The mower with him off of it continued in it's reverse path with the blades destroying my beautiful baby's legs as he tried frantically to pull her out and to stop the mower.

We have since found out, that the mower company my son in law had purchased the mower from (it was used) had either tampered with the safety features, or, the person the had received the mower from had done so. All the things that could have prevented this from happening where there, some of them just didn't work as they should have.

So back to where we are today. My son in law is distraught beyond imagination. He barely talks, rarely interacts with anyone other then the baby. He is getting therapy, but it isn't helping. He needs to be medicated on a daily basis just to exist. My wife and daughter have been working with Ireland on a daily basis. Removing the shrinkers (it's what they use to form the leg for the prosthetic), removing all the gauze and cleaning her wounds. Not really something you like to see up close and personal. My wife plays with Ireland to distract her and plays with her and giggles and laughs as my daughter does the cleaning and re-wrapping. Ireland plays through it and afterwards. My wife and my daughter have to go into another room to cry afterwards as they don't want Ireland to see them upset. Our days are an emotional roller coaster ride with Sybil at the controls. We work, we sing, we laugh, we cry, and then we work and cry more.

One thing that I learned through this is that nothing, absolutely nothing, is preventable. There are only ways to lessen the likelihood of it happening. Everything we thought was in place to prevent accidents were there, at least we thought.

I also learned a big lesson with the news and newspapers. They love to print and publish the most dramatic of the story. She was NEVER outside in the yard playing, as one story reported. She NEVER tripped and fell as my son in law backed up as reported in another. He NEVER drove down the driveway ON the mower with her underneath as reported in yet another.

Thank you again for all your kind words for Ireland. If there is anytime you would like an update on her progress your most welcome to email me and I'll be happy to let you know how she is doing.

Thank you,
Mike

mikedelcorpo
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Fri May 17, 2013 2:33 pm

I had read some of the things in this note from other sources but was unaware of the mower mechanical issues. That does change things a little since the mower engine and blades should have stopped once he got off the mower. This was a terrible accident but like some was also preventable. I visit her facebook page every day. They recently made over 5000 likes. Some here want to know her updates so I will post her status from time to time. If the moderators don't think this is an abuse-neglect case now due to this issue of the mower please don't delete it. Move it to another section. Accident or not it's the parents duty to keep the children safe. They should NOT be around moving yard machines.

"Two people away from 5000 likes. Wow, all of you are incredible and we so very much appreciate your love and support!!!! Please know that all of your kind words and prayers have made a huge difference in the Nugent's life."
IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 2 400605_168112140023428_1046573599_n
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Fri May 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Mike, thank you for taking your time to post here! Ireland is truly a gift from God. He spared her for a reason. I believe her story will be an incredible help to others (like those injured at the Boston Marathon) for years to come.

I've prayed for her parents since first reading about this horrible accident as we tend to think in a linear manner and like to place blame when something bad happens. Sometimes things just happen because they do. How much better to look up and praise God for Ireland's life and to trust in His purpose for our lives, no matter how difficult and impossible the situation may seem. No one should feel guilt. A horrible thing happened but it's time for the family to unite together as they move forward - enjoying their children and helping Ireland learn to walk again. She surely is a little angelic-imp, isn't she?

It has always bothered me seeing her father's name as "Accused" here (and that was before your post) as it obviously was a very tragic accident that I knew would be especially devastating to him as he was driving the mower. My sincere prayers for the parents to be able to put the horror of that evening behind them and to move ahead together by God's grace. Prayers too for you and all the extended family and friends who are so dedicated to helping Ireland and her family.
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat May 18, 2013 1:31 am

I moved this but many are interested, including me, so please keep us posted. Thanks.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedelcorpo Sun May 19, 2013 9:01 am

ladibug wrote:Mike, thank you for taking your time to post here! Ireland is truly a gift from God. He spared her for a reason. I believe her story will be an incredible help to others (like those injured at the Boston Marathon) for years to come.

I've prayed for her parents since first reading about this horrible accident as we tend to think in a linear manner and like to place blame when something bad happens. Sometimes things just happen because they do. How much better to look up and praise God for Ireland's life and to trust in His purpose for our lives, no matter how difficult and impossible the situation may seem. No one should feel guilt. A horrible thing happened but it's time for the family to unite together as they move forward - enjoying their children and helping Ireland learn to walk again. She surely is a little angelic-imp, isn't she?

It has always bothered me seeing her father's name as "Accused" here (and that was before your post) as it obviously was a very tragic accident that I knew would be especially devastating to him as he was driving the mower. My sincere prayers for the parents to be able to put the horror of that evening behind them and to move ahead together by God's grace. Prayers too for you and all the extended family and friends who are so dedicated to helping Ireland and her family.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I go through so many emotional phases on a daily basis, they're hard to keep up with. I feel everything from extreme anger over the accident, to pure joy that my granddaughter is still alive. We only live a couple blocks from them, so fortunately I'm able to see her on a daily basis. She truly is our little gift from God, and she always manages to make me smile or laugh some how. The other night while washing her hair, which she hates, as my wife was holding her head back under the water to rinse hair she gave out a couple of fake coughs and said "you're choking me guy's, come on!". I laughed and she started giggling.

I too am bothered by seeing the word "accused" at the top of the thread. But I've found that I can't fight and argue anymore like I first did when this all happened. Believe me, I went through a lot of it. It's amazing when I was reading articles in the online papers how down right nasty people could be. I read everything from demanding his imprisonment to calling him out as a drunken and/or drugged redneck from the south. That feeling is tempered here as I read will's post' in this thread and see he has a true caring for Ireland. And that is the most important to me.

Meanwhile, Ireland is doing very well. A friend of ours who is the media manager for Clearwater Marine Aquarium (home of Winter the Dolphin, from the movie Dolphin Tale" was kind enough to setup a day for Ireland to come meet Winter and spend some time with her one on one on Saturday morning. Last night she was treated to a VIP suite by Disney to see Disney on Ice. It was a full day for her. She is crawling at lightening speed and already has been making attempts to stand. I think she is going to be good to go when she gets her new feet. We've been having one concern the last couple of days on one of her skin grafts. It appears as though it may be getting infected. We've contacted the doctor and she'll be seen Monday morning to make sure it's okay. It's the same area that they have already had to redo.

Again, thank you for your kind words and prayers. That's what's getting us by right now is the kindness, love, and caring, from family, friends, and total strangers.
Mike

mikedelcorpo
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Mon May 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Thank you Mike for posting here. From what I've seen Jerry is having a bad time emotionally. Little Ireland has touched the hearts of many people but I know Jerry is just as much hurt. We pray for both of them. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Mon May 20, 2013 1:01 pm

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 2 946723_168854093282566_416173809_n

It only took a few minutes...and then Ireland had a new friend for life. Thank you Winter for inviting the Nugent family over! Picture courtesy of our great friends at Bay News 9.

It looks like she had a good time. I sure hope she does not have a bad infection.

Mike, sorry about the accused thing. I see from the mower information that he was not responsible. It should have shut off right away but didn't. Sometimes I post here but don't always get things correct since I am still new at it. If I'd known about the mower I would have not posted it. Please keep up posted about Ireland and the family.

William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedelcorpo Mon May 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Will do Will, it's a pleasure being able to discuss with you all here. I find it a bit therapeutic as you all have allowed me to post without attacking me. It's a first.

Like I said, no harm on "the accused". I honestly feel as though you had Ireland's safety first and foremost in your post' and I feel blessed as another stranger has come out and is keeping the world updated on Ireland.

Thank you so much for your post', will! I will definitely update tomorrow and let you know how the doctor's appointment went.

Mike

mikedelcorpo
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Mon May 20, 2013 3:04 pm

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A toddler whose feet were amputated after her father accidentally backed over her with a riding lawnmower had a special meeting with her hero. Ireland Nugent has often been seen clutching a stuffed animal of Winter, the dolphin with a prosthetic tail, in her wheelchair since the April 11 accident. She even carried the toy with her when she left the hospital nearly a month after the accident. On Saturday, she got to meet the real Winter the dolphin. Bay News 9 reports she initially cried, but soon reached out and touched the mammal. Winter lost her tail to a crab trap and has become an ambassador to those who have lost limbs. Ireland underwent seven surgeries and will be fitted for prosthetic feet in the coming weeks. http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/national/southern-us/10010671166582/fla-girl-who-lost-feet-in-lawnmower-meets-dolphin/ Nice video on Ireland's visit to see the dolphin Winter. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedelcorpo Tue May 21, 2013 4:40 pm

Great news from the doctor. There are no signs of infection. The redness and swelling are all parts of healthy healing. The area the had some oozing turned out to be an internal stitch working it's way out. Doctor said all normal, and that it was the bodies way of pushing out something that was no longer needed.

It will be a little longer than originally expected to get her legs as her healing process has slowed down. According to the doctor she was healing actually faster than normal, so she now is healing at an expected rate.

I'll be sure to pass on any other info as it comes along. - Mike

mikedelcorpo
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Tue May 21, 2013 5:32 pm

Thank you Mike. Great to hear she's got no infection. woohoo
I can't wait till I see her walking again. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedelcorpo Wed May 22, 2013 2:21 pm

willcarney wrote:Thank you Mike. Great to hear she's got no infection. woohoo

You and me both brother!

mikedelcorpo
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu May 23, 2013 4:29 am

mikedelcorpo wrote:
willcarney wrote:Thank you Mike. Great to hear she's got no infection. woohoo

You and me both brother!

Please note that I removed the "accused" in response to your first post here explaining things.

I am delighted with Ireland's progress. Her spirit is something to behold. No wonder you are so proud of her.

I pray she continues her healing and will soon be able to walk.

William has been a sweetheart, keeping us up to date. Hope you also continue posting on her progress.

God bless you, Ireland, and the whole family.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Wed May 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Ok everyone, I (Pastor Dennis) have made it back to the USA after a great trip to the Dominican Republic. Enough of me, this page is about Ireland and she is getting her cast off her arm today at 3:20. Watch Bay News 9 for coverage. Hopefully, I will get a picture of her without the cast. Her legs are beginning to heal nicely and we should have a date for prosthetics soon. If you are looking for a great family fun day and would like to meet Ireland, here is a great suggestion.

https://www.facebook.com/IrelandNugentSupport

Good to hear she'll be out of that arm cast soon. She's doing so well. Yes I hope she continues getting better. My prayers for her and her father continue. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Wed May 29, 2013 7:18 pm

Family Fun Day to Benefit Ireland Nugent

Lots of Palm Harbor businesses and residents are teaming up for a Family Fun Day on Sunday June 9 to benefit Ireland Nugent and her family.

By Sunde Farquhar

It's no secret that people in Palm Harbor have kind hearts. A Family Fun Day to benefit 2-year-old Ireland Nugent, who lost her lower legs in a freak lawn mower accident, is proof of the community's generosity.

Just about every part of the June 9 party will be donated; from the celebration's venue at The Centre, to the many Palm Harbor restaurants providing food and drink, to the businesses that are bringing carnival games, bouncy houses and a petting zoo. And then there's the 100-plus items that were donated for a raffle and the musicians who are donating their time to perform at the party.

"The Palm Harbor community has big hearts for helping Ireland. That's what's touched me," said Tracey Hoambrecker.

Hoambrecker is a member of "Team Ireland," a group of the Nugent family's neighbors in Westlake Village who've been working to put on the fundraiser. Other members of Team Ireland include Phil Cross, Cameron Smith, Dawn Custer, Amy McGuiness and Jessica Dobbin.

"Everyone is coming together," said Hoambrecker.

The Helping Hearts for Ireland: Family Fun Day will be held at The Centre from 12 to 5 p.m. on Sunday, June 9. Admission is $15 or $50 for a family of four. Kids ages 3 and under get in free. The benefit will feature lots of family-friendly activities including-
•Carnival Games, Bouncy House, Slides, Put Putt Golf provided by Coach Carlson's Field of Dreams
•Petting Zoo includes 15 animals and a 100 lb. tortoise provided by Noah's Ark & Wheels
•Meet a Super Hero!
•Photo Booth provided by Prints Charming
•Kona Icees
•Wine Share provided by PRP Wine
•Music with host Jeff Beltz. Musicians include Terry Premru, Regina AaMacha, Eric "Flycatcher" Carlson, Brooker Creek, Harvey Myers and Mr. Pickles
•Face Painting
•Balloon Artist and Comedian, Mr. Wild
•Food and Drinks donated by Lee Roy Selmon's, Ozona Blue, Thirsty Marlin, Peggy O'Neill's, Stingrays Bar N' Grille and BJ's Restaurant
•Raffle of 100+ items
•Auction
•"Helping Hearts for Ireland" T-shirts by Image Depot

Royal Restrooms is providing restrooms for the party.

Hoambrecker says other community members have also reached out to help Ireland and her family.

Palm Harbor resident Paul Lokey, who owns Lokey Auto Group, a chain of auto dealerships in Tampa Bay, picked up the tab for $2,000 worth of repairs to the Nugent family's truck. Sean Sommerfield Construction helped by making the Nugent family's home handicap accessible.

The Nugent family's pool is still in need of safety features and new marcite. If you know of a company that would like to help, contact Tracey Hoambrecker at thoambrecker@yahoo.com.

Ireland's family will attend the Family Fun Day. Her family includes mother Nicole, father Jerry and siblings Giavanna or "Gigi" age 5, Connor age 9, Ariyana age 9, Italia age 11, Aiden age 11, and Ashlee age 16.

http://palmharbor.patch.com/articles/family-fun-day-to-benefit-ireland-nugent?fb_action_ids=10201193646064695&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210201193646064695%22%3A332189226908655%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210201193646064695%22%3A%22og.recommends%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D#photo-14225008

Sometimes I wish I was closer, all I can do is send my love, prayers and a little money. She has touched my heart more than most stories. heart I'm so glad she's getting better. smileshine
Anyone close, this event sounds like fun. play William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedelcorpo Thu May 30, 2013 12:47 am

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 2 Irelan10

Ireland had some play time this evening in the water. The cast came off today and they just put a splint on.

mikedelcorpo
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Thu May 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Thanks Mike. The facebook was updated after I got off.

She looks like she's having real fun. I'm so glad that she can play in the water. With some injuries you can't be in water for fear of infection for some time.

Here's a few more pics frome the website.

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 2 7160_172797052888270_547709318_n

Ireland celebrates no cast with water play day!

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 2 960254_172762619558380_1239311978_n

Check out Ms. Ireland without the cast! Thanks to RaeChelle Davis of Bay News 9 for the photos.

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 2 384709_172762489558393_2073649505_n

Check out Ms. Ireland without the cast! Thanks to RaeChelle Davis of Bay News 9 for the photos.

https://www.facebook.com/IrelandNugentSupport

Jerry and Ireland are in my prayers and thoughts. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedelcorpo Thu May 30, 2013 4:09 pm

Jerry made a break through this week. To keep Ireland happy during her bath time and bandage change I had been getting in the tub with Ireland in my bathing suit and playing with her will Grandma and Mom changed her dressing. Jerry had accidentally walked in and saw her legs and walked out. When I got out of the tub I saw him outside crying and decided to talk about what happened. Finally got through to him it's the same little girl that he loved and loved him, and I thought it was time to come to terms with what had happened. Next day dad was in the tub with her playing while they did the dressing change. It was the picture of pure love between a dad and his little girl.

It's time for dad to start healing too.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers will! The power of prayer is still holding this family together.

mikedelcorpo
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Thu May 30, 2013 4:22 pm

I shed some tears reading your post. It's so glad to hear Jerry is slowly healing now. That was indeed a loving tender moment for him to be with her. Thank you for posting. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri May 31, 2013 2:52 am

mikedelcorpo wrote:Jerry made a break through this week. To keep Ireland happy during her bath time and bandage change I had been getting in the tub with Ireland in my bathing suit and playing with her will Grandma and Mom changed her dressing. Jerry had accidentally walked in and saw her legs and walked out. When I got out of the tub I saw him outside crying and decided to talk about what happened. Finally got through to him it's the same little girl that he loved and loved him, and I thought it was time to come to terms with what had happened. Next day dad was in the tub with her playing while they did the dressing change. It was the picture of pure love between a dad and his little girl.

It's time for dad to start healing too.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers will! The power of prayer is still holding this family together.

This made me shed a few tears.

I'm so happy this happened and now perhaps her father can begin healing along with Ireland.

This family is in my prayers. God bless each and every one and may God's grace help everyone cope and heal.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next