Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Empty Re: IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL

Post by mikedelcorpo Fri May 31, 2013 11:58 am

Thank you so much Twinkle!

mikedelcorpo
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Empty Re: IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL

Post by mikedelcorpo Fri May 31, 2013 11:58 am

and Thank you Will!

mikedelcorpo
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:35 pm

No thanks needed. She captured my heart. I'm just glad now that Jerry is starting to heal.

Ireland Nugent Support Page:
Today, Ireland is headed to do some physical therapy. On Friday, she has an important doctor's appointment that MAY give us some insight to when she will be able to get her prosthetics. Tomorrow, members from the Palm Harbor University High School Wish Upon a Hero club will be presenting a check for $2500 to benefit Ireland. This will happen at Trinity Presbyterian Church. Here is another fun day out with the family to help support.

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 935877_174869279347714_1815239805_n

https://www.facebook.com/IrelandNugentSupport

I wish I could be there. Maybe some day I can visit. I can't wait till she takes her first step. My thoughts and prayers are with Ireland and Jerry. William
willcarney
willcarney
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedelcorpo Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:20 pm

Great news from the Doctor today. Ireland can begin getting fitted for her legs in one week! Hooray!!!!!

mikedelcorpo
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:33 am

pray sad hug Yes wave woohoo woohoo2

How Wonderful!!!! Thank you so much for keeping us updated, Mike.
Still praying for the family too; Ireland's dear Mom needs special prayers also for strength and resilience!
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedelcorpo Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:35 pm

Please, to anyone wishing to donate. A separate fund is being setup for Ireland. The church is refusing to deposit the monies collected for Ireland's medical expenses to the trust fund. Unfortunately with all the family is going through we will now have to pay an attorney to get the monies to where they rightfully belong.

mikedelcorpo
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:39 pm

The church did drop the facebook page as well. Your family should set up it's own facebook page. Let us all know where to donate. I for one was going to donate some more. Hopefully it will all work out. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:36 am

Is the church giving the money to the hospital and doctors to pay medical bills? Without knowing all the details I'm just thinking that when an organization collects money for a specified purpose the funds must go there or it's "false pretense". They collected a lot of money and if they stated "medical" and aren't releasing it for Ireland's medical bills then that is "false pretense" and scamming and is wrong. I'm very sorry to see this schism develop.
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Rift forms between pastor and Ireland Nugent's family over donations
By Peter Jamison and Matt McKinney, Times Staff Writers
Monday, June 10, 2013 11:23pm
CLEARWATER — When a 2-year-old member of his congregation lost her legs below the knee in a lawn mower accident, Pastor Dennis Reid of Trinity Presbyterian Church in Clearwater stepped into the spotlight.

As Tampa Bay area residents hungered for news of the tragically maimed toddler, Ireland Nugent of Palm Harbor, Reid set up a Facebook page tracking her progress. He fielded reporters' phone calls. He stood beside Ireland's parents at news conferences and cracked jokes with the TV news crews he had invited.

But as Ireland has regained her strength and her medical bills begin to arrive, a rift appears to have opened between the Nugents and their affable minister over what the family says is his tight hold on close to $120,000 in donations for their daughter's medical care and associated expenses.
IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 B4s_Ireland061113_10920525_8col
The Rev. Dennis Reid kisses Ireland Nugent as her mother, Nicole, holds her during Mother’s Day services at Trinity Presbyterian Church on May 12.

Ireland's father and grandfather told the Tampa Bay Times on Monday that Reid had delayed for weeks the transfer of money sent to Trinity Presbyterian Church — the primary spot where Ireland's many well-wishers have been instructed to send donations — into a trust fund set up in Ireland's name. With Reid out of the country this week, other church leaders finally stepped in to get the family Ireland's money.

No one alleges that Reid is trying to manipulate the donations for financial gain. Instead, the Nugents say, they suspect Reid has delayed the transfer of the money in order to exercise control over the family as they begin to drift out of his influence with the immediate shock of Ireland's accident now behind them.

"I don't think he's trying to steal the money. I think he's a control freak," said Mike Del Corpo, Ireland's maternal grandfather. "He's going to dictate who's going to do what, how it's going to be done, and he's going to have the final word on it."

Jerry Nugent, Ireland's father, said the alienation from their pastor is an unwanted source of stress as they seek to reclaim their lives and help Ireland heal. He said the situation is made even more sensitive because Nicole Nugent, Ireland's mother, is employed as a teacher at the church.

"A major part of our support system has been damaged," Jerry Nugent said.

Ireland's Facebook page — a rich repository of images and notes documenting the girl's gauntlet of surgeries and ultimately successful recovery — has been deactivated, after a neighbor of the Nugents began using it to criticize the pastor.

Reid could not be reached for comment Monday. His June newsletter to his congregation states that he is currently in Guatemala on a trip "to challenge and equip the present-day generation … with leadership tools to bring about radical transforming change of the entire country."

In Reid's absence, church leaders convened a meeting on Monday night where they voted to begin the flow of money into Ireland's accounts.

"This was all a big misunderstanding," said Kathi Trautwein, associate pastor. "We opened an account specifically for Ireland Nugent. It was never mingled with church funds. The intent was always that the money would be for the benefit of her."

Trautwein said church officials had been waiting to release the money until they could review trust documents, which they didn't receive until Sunday. She said $105,000 will go to a trust for Ireland, while about $15,000 will go to support the expenses incurred by the Nugents as they support her recovery.

The checks will be written today, Trautwein said.

"We want to be open and transparent. We're not trying to hide anything. This was uncharted territory for us," she said.

Peter Jamison can be reached at pjamison@tampabay.com or (813) 226-3337.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/rift-forms-between-pastor-and-ireland-nugents-family-over-donations/2125937

There are two more posts following this. The church did move ahead and issue a partial. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Family of lawnmower accident victim Ireland Nugent says church is withholding donation money

•By: Jacqueline Ingles CLEARWATER, Fla. -

In a unanimous vote Monday night, board members at Trinity Presbyterian Church in Clearwater decided to disperse all donations collected on behalf of Ireland Nugent. Donations stand at roughly $120,000.

This comes on the heels of criticism from the little girl's family.

It has been two months since a little girl lost both feet in a lawn mowing accident. Ireland's medical bills are mounting, and the family said they have not received a penny from church-collected donations.

The church calls it a huge misunderstanding.

Out of frustration and anger, Ireland's grandparents and neighbors called ABC Action News, pleading for help. They said they have not seen a penny of more than $120,000 raised on their behalf and sent to the church.

"The bottom line is we are very concerned on why the church has not gone ahead and funded the trust funds," said Ireland's grandfather, Mike DelCorpo.

Her grandmother, Doreen DelCorpo, said, "Medical expenses are expensive and Ireland needs that money to move forward and to meet her mile markers."

Donations from all over the world poured in after people heard about Ireland. The two-year-old lost both her feet after her father accidentally rode over them with a riding lawnmower.

The family's pastor, Dennis Reid, quickly became their media spokesperson, and helped establish a fund through the church. But now, the man the family relied on is one they accuse of trying to control the cash.

A neighbor of the Nugents, Cameron Smith led many fundraising efforts. "My message to Dennis would be put your ego aside and do what is best for the family," he said.

Pastor Reid is in Guatemala on mission trip. But he ordered that a Facebook support page for Ireland be taken down, after strong accusations appeared online against him personally and the handling of the donation money.

Interim Pastor Kathi Trautwein spoke on the church's behalf. "It got really nasty, Dennis actually got referred to as Satan," she said.

Trautwein went on to say there was "A huge misunderstanding. There has never been any intent that the funds not be distributed."

She explained that the church's 12-member board wanted to review trust papers, and one board member, a lawyer, suggested holding payment until everything could be verified. The board voted Sunday night to first cut the family a check for $13,000. Then, they planned on cutting another check for $100,000 that would go to Ireland's trust.

The church insists it's not bowing to media pressure.

Ireland's family doesn't know what to think, they just want to make sure her bills are paid.

"I think 100% should be turned over. I have quite a few friends, and there is quite a few people who donated that want to know that this money has gone to the family as it was intended," said Mike DelCorpo.

Ireland's parents, Jerry and Nicole, did not want to speak on camera. They said this is extremely difficult for them, especially Nicole.

She works at the church's preschool and said Ireland's health insurance is through her employment. Plus, she stressed she loves her church family.

On a related note, we had a chance to visit with Ireland Monday afternoon. The little girl is doing great. She had a cast from her arm removed and is in great spirits.

http://www.abcactionnews.com//dpp/news/region_north_pinellas/clearwater/family-of-lawnmower-accident-victim-ireland-nugent-says-church-is-withholding-donation-money

I'm glad they are finally getting the money to the family. That should have been done from day one. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Church: Ireland and family will get nearly $120K in donations Tuesday

By Paul Mueller, Reporter CLEARWATER --

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Ireland-Nugent-home-5413Ireland, who has since gotten her hand cast removed, was injured in April.

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Nugent-church-meeting-610Leaders at the Trinity Presbyterian Church in Clearwater met for an emergency meeting Monday night and voted unanimously to distribute the nearly $120,000 in donations on Tuesday. (Photo/Paul Mueller, Staff)

Leaders at the Trinity Presbyterian Church in Clearwater met for an emergency meeting Monday night and voted unanimously to distribute the nearly $120,000 in donations on Tuesday.

One check would be solely for Ireland. The second check would be for her family.

Church leaders say they had already met Sunday night and had already voted to distribute the money and that this controversy didn’t need to happen.

"Our intention has always been to support the Nugent family, to do everything we could to help Ireland,” said Kathy Troutwein, Associate Pastor. “This is not helping anybody. It's not helping the Nugent family because they've got enough turmoil in their lives and it's certainly not helping our church."

Church leaders said they wanted to make sure everyone was protected, including the Nugents, the church, and all those who donated money.

"This is a territory none of us knew anything about, never wanted to face, but we wanted to do the best we could by Ireland and her family based on what was happening," said Troutwein.

But the Nugent friends and family say they needed the money to pay Ireland’s bills and weren’t getting a dime.
"There's already immediate medical expenses that Jerry and Nicole are going to have to come out of their pocket for,” said Cameron Smith, a close friend of the Nugent’s.

“Which is, that's not right. That's not why everybody donated their hard earned money for. They donated it for the family to use for Ireland and they can't even use it because Pastor Dennis is withholding that money from them."

"I don't like to see my daughter hurt,’ said Doreen DelCampo, Ireland’s grandmother, referring to Ireland’s mother, Nicole. “I don't like to have her calling me during the day crying."

Also Monday, Pastor Dennis Reid sent an email to Ireland’s mother saying:

"So Cameron and your family can stop attacking me as the one who is holding your money. Don't worry. I am sure you will get your money soon enough and you can buy whatever makes you happy."

But church leaders say that email was the Pastor’s way of venting his frustration after he was personally attacked on a Facebook page dedicated to Ireland. It was just one of the reasons, they say, that the page and the PayPal link on the church’s website were taken down on Monday.

In the end, church leaders say they were just trying to their best.
"This money is for Ireland and that's what it needs to be," said Troutwein.

The bottom line? Ireland’s family will receive the money on Tuesday.

The church is still accepting donations for Ireland but Troutwein say instead of holding on to them, any checks will be handed over to Ireland’s mother immediately.

If you’d like to donate, you can send a check to the Trinity Presbyterian Church in Clearwater and make it out to the ‘Ireland Nugent Trust Fund.’

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2013/6/10/ireland_s_family_sti.html

At least money wise that problem is solved. Mike. Will this really hurt the relationship with your family and the church? One strong factor in Ireland's recovery is strong family, friends and church. I hope you can all heal the wounds. Physically and emotionally. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:25 pm

Ireland did great at therapy today! She was even standing on her legs! She worked really hard and seemed to enjoy the time at All Children's Therapy Center. They have even given us two therapist to work with her for an hour of time. She continues to amaze me and them! She is using both hands great! She was nervous to stand on her legs, but I hope over time she will be less nervous. I just kept looking her in her eyes and she was looking in mine and I kept saying, "Ireland you can do this." My kiddos hold the key to my heart. Heading to Orlando tomorrow to meet with POA on Thursday to start the talk of LEGS!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/pages/Ireland-Nugent-Family-Support-Page/139161096277398?hc_location=stream

A new page has been started.  Her progress is just amazing.  My prayers for her continue.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:49 pm

Dr. Dennis Reid of Trinity Presbyterian Clearwater speaks on Ireland Nugent trust issue

This is what Pastor Dennis Reid wrote to ABC Action News about a situation we reported on yesterday , where the Nugent family said Trinity Clearwater was withholding trust funds from Ireland, a girl who lost both feet in a lawnmower accident.
"I am saddened that the Nugent family has chosen to attack myself and the church that has done so much to support them.
In Mid-May, the Nugents created, without any input from Trinity, two trusts. The first trust is a special needs trust to support Ireland. The second trust is a family trust that has been created to assist the needs of the Nugent family excluding Ireland. I received a copy of these two trusts documents on Wednesday, June 5th.
"Because we were not included in the creation of these two trust, we had several legal questions. To help answer these questions, I participated in conference call with their attorney, also on June 5th. At the conclusion of that call, I called a special meeting of our session to vote on dispersing the funds per the families request for Sunday, June 9th.
"Our session, however, had additional questions and asked if they could read the trust documents before voting to fully fund the trusts. They did vote, however, to partially fund the family trust in order that any immediate needs of the Nugents could be addressed.
"The Ireland Trust already had money in it from other fund raisers, insuring that Ireland's immediate needs were being taken care of while we did our homework.
"To suggest that this is about power or control of the Nugents or the money given is simply ludicrous. Like it or not, the church is legally liable to fund these trusts according to donor intent, not the Nugent's wishes. We need to be able to look people in the eye and tell them, if you gave to Ireland, then your money went to the Ireland Nugent Trust. If you gave to the family, then your money went to them.
"Here is what I can tell you: every penny given has been sitting in a separate account and will be, at the appropriate time (if it has not already been done) given to the Nugents. Many members of Trinity Presbyterian Church have worked countless hours in support of the Nugent family. It is so sad that their family chose to slander us and tarnish so much good work that will go to help Ireland and the Nugent family in the future."
Dr. Dennis Reid
www.trinityclearwater.com

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/about_us/as_seen_on/dr-dennis-reid-of-trinity-presbyterian-clearwater-speaks-on-ireland-nugent-trust-issue#ixzz2W0tuJRhq

I don't think it's slander.  It took media attention to release the money.   At least that part is done.  Ireland and Jerry need all the support they can get.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Child who lost feet in accident gets fitted for prosthesis
IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 1371148890801
Ireland Nugent and her family traveled to Orlando to visit the Prosthetic and Orthotic Associates and get fitted for her prosthesis. (Photo courtesy: RaeChelle Davis)

By RaeChelle Davis, Reporter
ORLANDO --
The two-year old who lost her feet in a lawn mower accident got fitted for her prosthesis on Thursday.
Ireland Nugent and her family traveled to Orlando to visit the Prosthetic and Orthotic Associates.

"I can't help but get emotional when I talk about it because I'm so excited," said Jerry Nugent, Ireland's father. "I'm so pleased that she's gonna finally get to walk again and be back to where we were again before this happened."
Steve Chamberland, who runs the charity "50 Legs in 50 Days", convinced the Nugent family to consider POA. He made sure Ireland go the full VIP treatment, taking her around to see some dogs to make her feel comfortable.
"They've been through everything. Look at what they're going through now with all the stuff with everything else," said Chamberland. "Now, it's all positive. So, Monday, when she's walking I mean I'm going to be in tears, you'll be in tears everybody will be in tears. It's like her first steps all over again."
Ireland was a little afraid at first, but just like all moms, Nicole knew how to make it better.
"I feel like every pain that she feels I feel. Every scare that she feels I feel. So, I just want I don't want her to be any more scared than she already has. I feel like she's had enough. And it's time for happiness and excitement for her," Nicole said.

Stan Patterson is a Certified Prosthetist and founder of POA. His crew will put state-of-the-art sensors inside Ireland's new limbs so they will be able to monitor her comfort.
Patterson said Ireland is the ideal patient. "She has a little bit of an advantage because her longer residual limbs are going to allow her to do anything and everything she did before," said Patterson.
Those words put Ireland's dad, Jerry, at ease.
He has been struggling to cope with the lawn mower accident that brought them to POA in the first place.
Brett Bainter had the same tragic experience with his son Jake. They had never met the Nugents but came out to show their support.
"There was nothing that I could do or say that would ease his pain," said Bainter. "I just there's just, it takes time. It takes time to heal."
The first major step in the healing process will start on Monday when Ireland walks for the first time.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2013/6/13/child_who_lost_feet_.html

She's doing so well.  Prayer does work.  I can't wait to see a video of her first walk.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Empty Ireland is walking again!

Post by willcarney Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:19 pm

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 375616_140675556125952_615347799_n
Ireland and Uncle Steve, putting on her legs.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ireland-Nugent-Family-Support-Page/139161096277398?hc_location=stream

Check her new facebook page for videos.  I cried the first time I saw her walk.  It's amazing that she has progressed so far in such a short time.  Some that have lost limbs don't fair too well.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Empty 'That's my superhero. That's my angel,'

Post by willcarney Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:57 pm

Walking just two months later! Toddler who lost her legs after dad ran her over with a lawnmower takes first steps on prosthetic limbs

A toddler whose feet were amputated after her father accidentally backed over her with a lawnmower in a horrific accident in April took her first steps on her new prosthetic test legs on Monday.
Two-year-old Ireland Nugent has been in a wheelchair and undergone seven surgeries since the April 11 event. She was released from hospital in Tampa at the start of May.

Nugent was fitted with her new legs Monday and promptly took off walking as soon as they were on and there were emotional scenes after the five-hour fitting procedure.

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Article-2343489-1A5F06C0000005DC-363_634x457
Brave: While holding onto handrails to steady herself, Ireland Nugent, 2, walks on her prosthetic legs for the first time on Monday. She lost both her feet in an accident in April

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Article-2343489-1A5F033F000005DC-619_634x422
Colorful: Prosthetist Stan Patterson makes an adjustment to one of Ireland Nugent's test legs, accessorized with Dora the Explorer stickers and pink sneakers on Monday
IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Article-2343489-1A5F07FC000005DC-131_634x418
Fighter: The toddler shows off the stickers on her temporary prosthetics in Orlando on June 17 

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Article-2343489-1A5EF081000005DC-64_634x514
Quick learner: Ireland Nugent, 2, walks on her prosthetic legs while holding on to her mother Nicole (left), and sister, Italia Nesbitt (right)

The Tampa Bay Times reported that her father was tearful as he recorded her first steps on his iPad. 'I'm just speechless and so proud,' said Jerry Nugent.  He also referred to the toddler's determination and bravery in recovering from her injuries.  'She took it over the top...  She's not ever going to hold back.'
'That's my superhero. That's my angel,' Nugent added.
The little girl was injured April 11th when she ran after Jerry as he rode a lawn mower up the driveway at their Palm Harbor home.
IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Article-2343489-1A5F0216000005DC-788_634x421

Emotional: 'That's my superhero. That's my angel,' said the toddler's father

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Article-2343489-1A5F0C01000005DC-838_634x525
Preparations: A doctor takes a measurement of Ireland Nugent's leg for her new prosthetics on June 17

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Article-2343489-1A5EEEC0000005DC-150_634x418
Touching: Ireland makes a connection with father Jerry

Her mother, Nicole Nugent, frantically motioned for him to stop, but he misunderstood, put the lawn mower in reverse and backed over the child.
The toddler's legs were severed below the knees and she had cuts to her hand. She also broke her thumb.
Experts were worried that the little girl might refuse to walk with her new prosthetic limbs, but the Tampa Bay Times reported that the girl has already become emotionally attached to the legs.

When the prosthetist said he would need the test limbs back, the little girl said she wanted to keep them.
Ireland will get to practice with the test legs on Monday night in the hotel room before receiving her finished prosthetics Tuesday.

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Article-2343489-1A5EF030000005DC-846_634x408
Giggles: Mother Nicole Nugent kisses her daughter while prosthetist Stan Patterson checks the fit of her test sockets for her prosthetic leg

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Article-0-199FBCAB000005DC-627_634x547
Inspirational: Ireland Nugent lost her legs on April 11, when her father ran her over with is lawn mower. She has undergone 7 surgeries and has amazed her family with her upbeat outlook and joyful spirit

Little Ireland was brimming with joy when she left hospital in May, donning a fancy yellow dress and hot pink sunglasses as her father wheeled her out from the premises.

Her parents said the toddler was giggling with excitement as she left the facility and couldn't wait to join her sisters at home.

'We're very excited to be back with the girls and the other kids and our family. A little nervous trying to figure out how everything's going to work.

'But I know we can do it. If we can do this, we can do anything,' the child's mother, Nicole, told the Tampa Bay Times.

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Article-2319566-199BD345000005DC-323_634x418
Joy: Ireland's courageous spirit has captured the hearts of people across the nation (Ireland on May 1 during a visit with Ronald McDonald)

The shocking case garnered national attention and photos of Ireland's bright smile warmed the hearts of thousands who followed her progress.

In the days immediately after her terrible accident, Ireland's parents were adamant that she would make as full as a recovery as possible.

'She will continue to succeed. She will do great things in her life,' her mother Nicole told reporters at a press conference in April. 'This will not stop Ireland.'

Ireland's family has banded together in the face of the terrifing ordeal.

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Article-0-1977E405000005DC-272_634x476
Recovery: Ireland has suffered a setback during her recovery, including a dangerous infection. But doctors say she is making progress and can return home

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Article-2314319-1977E400000005DC-567_306x423IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Article-2314319-1977E3F0000005DC-941_306x423
Family: The little girl was injured April 11 when she ran after her father, Jerry Nugent, as he rode a lawn mower up the driveway of their home. Her mother, Nicole Nugent (pictured left), frantically motioned for him to stop

Police said the father was going to park the mower into the garage at the family's Palm Harbor, Florida home in April.

He is said to have not noticed that his daughter had tripped behind the machine, and he only realized that something may be wrong when he saw his wife was alerting him that he was about to drive over something.

The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office says the man responded by putting the mower in reverse, running over his daughter.

According to police, the father dragged the little girl down the driveway of their subdivision and onto the street before he realized what had happened.

Once he did, Mr Nugent immediately turned off the mower, and the woman called 911.
Authorities say the child's feet were severed above the ankles. Her left hand was injured but intact.
Her mother told a group of reporters in April that their neighbors have banded together and begun raising funds so that the Nugents will be able to pay for prosthetic limbs for Ireland.
'Never in my life did I think this would happen to my child,' Mrs Nugent said according to NBC News.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2343489/Shes-superhero-Brave-toddler-lost-legs-father-ran-horrific-lawnmower-accident-takes-steps-prosthetic-limbs.html#ixzz2WZkjAblB

This story has been picked up internationally but my local paper and radio station still refuses to cover it.  Ireland has done so much in just a few month's.  It's wonderful that she can walk again.  clap  This story had some duplication but I posted it intact except the video.  Goto to the link to see the embedded video.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Empty Ireland Nugent home with new feet and legs.

Post by willcarney Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:27 pm

Ireland Nugent home with new feet and legs.
PALM HARBOR, FL -

Looking at how Ireland Nugent walks, just a day after getting her new prosthetic legs and feet, and you can tell, this little girl is determined. "She's a little firecracker. She has her mind made up and what she's gonna do, she's gonna do and she's put her mind to this and I don't think anything's gonna stop her" said her mother, Nicole Nugent.

Ireland and her family started their day in Orlando, at the "Prosthetic and Orthotic Association'' for a test walk. She passed with flying colors.

Moving like a pro, Ireland made it look easy, as she walked, with her family and TV cameras watching every step.
A 2-hour car ride later, Ireland insisted she be the one to prepare her liner with diaper cream and alcohol sprays so her legs would fit just right. She got plenty of help from her brothers and sisters. All for the premier walk on familiar territory...the sidewalk in front of her house.

"I'm just amazed that she took off as quickly as she did. I really thought there would be at least some hesitation" said Nicole Nugent, after watching her daughter.

Reuniting with neighbor kids, it won't be long before she is running around, like she used to.
"I just can't wait to see what she's gonna do in the future. She's my little angel and she's gonna rock" said her father, Jerry Nugent.

Baby steps now, bigger ones to come.

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 22627281_BG1

http://www.wfla.com/story/22627281/ireland-nugent-home-with-new-feet-and-legs

The first real step in her life.  Home with her first set of new Prosthetic feet and legs.
How can person be sad and happy at the same time??  When I look at little Ireland I am
sad that she has no feet.  But am happy that she is alive, recovering and now walking.
Yesterday was an important day for little Ireland.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:28 pm

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 998398_141081902751984_587445693_n
Even superheros need sleep.

So happy for Ireland! At school today she was actually able to play on the playground STANDING UP! Sh was so proud of her new legs and could not wait to show all her friends! When she went to get into the pool she started taking off her shoes just like they were her real feet! We didn't let her take them in of course, but it is great that she sees them no different than regular feet. Tomorrow will be our first therapy appt with legs! It will be featured on Bay News 9. Check her out, she is making such progress! She is my superhero!

https://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/pages/Ireland-Nugent-Family-Support-Page/139161096277398?hc_location=stream

She goes for first therapy with the new legs today.  smileshine  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Ireland Nugent Family Support Page

For all of Ireland's followers out there, a web page has been created for her @ irelandnugent.com and it looks great, I just need our neighbor Elaine's help with maintaining it. Thank you so much for creating it Elaine, and Thank you to all the people out there for your support. God Bless

http://irelandnugent.com/home.html

They started a web page.  No news yet on her thearpy today.  Hope all is well.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Empty Ireland did great at therapy today!

Post by willcarney Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Ireland did great at therapy today! They had her legs on the whole hour! She walked with a walker and parallel bars. She is so eager to go! She loves all the different swings they have. She gets to practice her superhero flying skills! They worked a little bit with her hand, but now we are going to focus on physical therapy. Ireland climbed the steps on the slide with ease! We finished the visit with a ride on her Glider bike. So much progress! My heart is bursting with love for this baby...an angel on Earth. I will post the Bay News 9 link to the story as soon as it comes up! Can't wait until u see her go! Blessings!

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 1013978_141426989384142_1927682662_n

Thanks uncle SteveO for humiliating yourself for me at breakfast last week, you make my life easier.
Love you, Ireland

I am just so glad and amazed that Ireland is doing better.  A lot of people who loose limbs take a long time to bounce back and it usually kills their spirit.  Ireland's spirit is just super.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Ireland Nugent Family Support Page

Ireland did amazing at therapy again today! Taking steps on her own, bending her knees, and working on getting up off the floor. She is my superhero for sure! Tampa Bay Times was there, as I think that is what they are called now. Although, the card said St. Petersburg Times. Either way web adress is tbo.com Palm Harbor Patch also stopped by and will be running a story this week and next week. I hope through this tragedy others can see that lives do go on and miracles can happen. I hope she is an inspiration to you as much as she is to me. You can do anything you put your mind to. Three more children have been hurt by lawnmowers since Ireland. Please pray for Ella Rose. She suffered a very similar accident and remains in the hospital still. Hope to see you all Saturday. God Bless and remember to tell the ones you love just how much you love them, things can change in a second. Hope to see you all Saturday and God Bless!

She is just amazing.  Nothing's gone to stop this little one.   She'll be running soon.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Today is the first day Ireland has left me for more than a few minutes since April 10th. She went to have dinner at her cousins house and should return shortly, but I feel like a piece of my soul is missing! I went and talked to Jason at Plush Gallery Tattoo in Dunedin. I am super excited! He is going design something for me including her prosthesis and baby footprints. That way I will have her with me always. She is just so inspiring to watch everyday. She has really begun taking more and more steps on her own. Friday will have a check in at Dr. Chan's office to see how he thinks she is progressing and when she can wear her legs full time. Tomorrow will be the first holiday without legs. I wonder when I will stop counting things like that. A little sad, but so blessed to have her still here with me and making such progress. Don't forget to visit www.irelandnugent.com to watch all the videos surrounding her progress! Thank you for continuing to support our family. I hope she inspires you all as much as she does me.

Ireland got her first manicure yesterday. While we were there one of the nail stylist walked up to me and asked me to look out the window, that the woman who had just walked out paid for all the girls manicures. She also gave Ireland a gift certificate so that Ireland can get her nails done anytime she wants. As I write this we just got home from a fundraiser held at a local bar. Two things I have learned from thus accident (so much more, but today I thinking of two. 1. The world is really not going to he## in a hand basket. I have seen the worst in a small few. But, the good I have seen in so many more than that. There.is SO many, many, many good people in the world. I have witnessed it. 2. Really, really show the people in your life how much you love them. Do not just say it, show it. You never know when someone will be gone, or close to being gone. Tomorrow we will be heading back to POA. Hope to share some good news. For tonight, we love you all and cherrish your support. Xoxo

Here's two little updates from the facebook page.  It's amazing how well she's doing.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Lawn mower accident girl cleared to use prosthetics any time
Posted: Jul 05, 2013 4:28 PM CDT
By Associated Press By WFLA.com web staff
Pinellas County -
A Tampa Bay area toddler whose feet were amputated after her father accidentally backed over her with a riding lawnmower has been cleared to walk freely on her prosthetics.

Ireland Nugent was fitted with a pair of prosthetic legs in Orlando last month, but doctors initially advised the girl's parents that she couldn't use the legs for more than an hour at a time. The Tampa Bay Times (http://goo.gl/X3INI ) reports that the girl's doctor told her mother Friday morning that she can now use the prosthetic legs any time.

The 2-year-old's father was driving a riding mower up the driveway of their Palm Harbor home in April when Ireland ran out from a backyard enclosure and got behind him. Her mother motioned for him to stop, but he misinterpreted her signals and backed the mower up, running over the toddler.

RELATED CONTENT: http://www.wfla.com/story/22613207/ireland-nugent-takes-first-steps-after-fl-lawnmower-accident

http://www.wfla.com/story/22769875/lawn-mower-accident-giirl-cleared-to-use-prosthetics-any-time

Great news.  I know I've posted a lot on her but she's touched my heart.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 Empty Ireland already outgrowing prosthetic legs!!

Post by willcarney Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Ireland already outgrowing prosthetic legs

IRELAND NUGENT - 2 yo - Palm Beach, FL - Page 3 1373926364657The two-year-old who lost her legs in a lawn mower accident back in April is getting faster on her feet. There is just one problem, she is already outgrowing them.

PALM HARBOR --
The two-year-old who lost her legs in a lawn mower accident back in April is getting faster on her feet. There is just one problem, she is already outgrowing them.

Ireland Nugent goes to Physical Therapy at All Children’s Therapy Center in Palm Harbor twice a week. It is vital for her continued success.

"Her balance is getting better each time. You can see a little bit of hip weakness still which allows her legs to kind of turn in towards each other,” said Kelli Miller, Ireland’s physical therapist.

"Every time we come to therapy it seems like she's needing less support and she's able to do a lot more things on her own,” said Ireland’s mother, Nicole Nugent.

Ireland's physical therapy appointments help her build strength but they are also key to helping determine when she needs new legs.

"You need to be able to monitor her the whole time,” said Miller. “Make sure her prosthetics are fitting correctly, and then strengthen where she's weak to make sure that she has that balance, so that she's able to walk around."

Ireland’s mother says the two-year-old has been struggling with one of her legs for a few days.

"The right leg has always been our trouble leg and it's continuing to on to be our trouble leg. But, definitely she complains about the right leg the most,” said Nugent.

It has only been a week since they visited Ireland’s Prosthetist in Orlando. He made adjustments but everyone knew it was just a matter of time.

"She's kind of limping to one side, she periodically says it hurts, so, I have a feeling we'll be heading to POA sooner than later,” said Nugent.

Kids grow like weeds and Ireland is no exception. She will get her new legs soon and until then she is not letting it slow her down.

Ireland will celebrate her third birthday in August. Her family hopes she will have her new legs by then.

To keep up with Ireland’s progress or to help the family visit www.irelandnugent.com.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2013/7/15/ireland_already_outg.html

It saddened me that she has some pain and was limping.  It'll take time but she's amazing.  Some of the Boston victims have not progressed as fast as this little angel.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:44 pm

This week is going to drag out for us. We are wondering if Ireland is already needing a possible revision her right leg. She has a lump on the end of her leg on the front that feels like bone. It has been there for a while, but seems to be growing. I kept trying to ignore it. I just don't want to see her going through something else. Last Thursday her physical therapist noticed it and I told her she was complaining of pain in that leg. She said she has noticed that she only wants to weight bear on the left leg. She kind of reinforced what I was already thinking. Appt. with Dr. Chan Friday.

http://irelandnugent.com/home.html

She seems to have a little set back.  Maybe not enough skin to protect the bone on one leg.  Saddened me to hear of her in pain.  She needs prayers this week.  William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next