Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JEFFREY LEE WILLIAMS - 11 yo - Boone, NC / Rock Hill, SC

3 posters

Go down

JEFFREY LEE WILLIAMS - 11 yo - Boone, NC / Rock Hill, SC Empty JEFFREY LEE WILLIAMS - 11 yo - Boone, NC / Rock Hill, SC

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:09 am

N.C. motel deaths took place in same room, 2 months apart

Monday, June 10, 2013

JEFFREY LEE WILLIAMS - 11 yo - Boone, NC / Rock Hill, SC 9133947_448x252

June 10, 2013 (BOONE, N.C.) --

North Carolina police are investigating why an 11-year-old South Carolina boy died and his mother was injured in the same motel room where two elderly guests were found dead almost two months ago.

Police in Boone said Sunday that Jeffrey Lee Williams of Rock Hill, S.C., is dead. His 49-year-old mother Jeannie Williams was
injured. Police Sgt. Shane Robbins did not describe her injuries or condition.

Robbins says detectives are testing possible evidence related to the dead boy found Saturday as well as features of the room at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza. Robbins says investigators have determined there is no danger to the general public but did not elaborate.

Police say no evidence has surfaced linking the Williamses and the two victims found April 16.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?id=9133949
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

JEFFREY LEE WILLIAMS - 11 yo - Boone, NC / Rock Hill, SC Empty Re: JEFFREY LEE WILLIAMS - 11 yo - Boone, NC / Rock Hill, SC

Post by tinalovesnick Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:33 am

Hotel management has stated carbon monoxide was detected in the room. Toxicology reports aren't released yet.

I'm on my phone, maybe someone can post the article? http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=general&catid=57588592&feed_id=999&videofeed=999
tinalovesnick
tinalovesnick
Pizza Delivery! Ding Dong!
Pizza Delivery! Ding Dong!

Back to top Go down

JEFFREY LEE WILLIAMS - 11 yo - Boone, NC / Rock Hill, SC Empty Re: JEFFREY LEE WILLIAMS - 11 yo - Boone, NC / Rock Hill, SC

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:30 pm

N.C. Motel Deaths Update, Pool Fumes Suspected In Boy’s Death

Posted: June 11, 2013

JEFFREY LEE WILLIAMS - 11 yo - Boone, NC / Rock Hill, SC N.C.-Motel-Deaths-Best-Western

Three N.C. motel deaths have sparked an investigation into a single room, one that has seen three of its guests die in two months — including an 11-year-old boy.

The N.C. motel deaths occurred in the Best Western hotel on East King Street in Boone, with the latest incident occurring over the weekend and involving the boy and his 49-year-old mother. Jeannie Williams and son Jeffrey were found unresponsive in the room, and it was later confirmed that in April, an elderly coupled passed away in the same spot.

Jeannie Williams reportedly woke up from a coma Sunday and is listed in stable condition after the incident, but was not initially informed of her son’s passing.

Local police confirm the three N.C motel deaths, and Boone Police Sgt. Shane Robbins admits that the investigation into the circumstances surrounding the strange incidents is in the early stages.

Robbins says:

“It was actually the same room … But other than that, at this time, we don’t have any more links or correlation.”

However, it seems the investigation into the N.C. motel deaths is centering upon the swimming pool under the room in which the three died in two separate instances, and initial testing may have discovered a presence of deadly odorless carbon monoxide in the room in which Williams died Saturday.

A local CBS affiliate reports:

“During the emergency medical response, a presumptive test indicated an elevated level of carbon monoxide in the room. The hotel was evacuated and assistance was requested from North Carolina Emergency Management and the North Carolina Public Health Preparedness and Response Branch … Samples from Williams were sent to the Office of the State Medical Examiner for toxicological analysis. Those results are pending.”

The CBS update on the N.C. motel deaths cites a March N.C. Department of Environment and Natural Resources report regarding the pool’s permit, noting that in part a ventilation system “needs to be corrected ASAP.” The elderly couple found dead in the room were initially believed to have died of cardiac causes.

http://www.inquisitr.com/696898/n-c-motel-deaths-update-pool-fumes-suspected-in-boys-death/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:40 pm

I thought all rooms had to have carbon monoxide sensors.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:42 pm

It would seem to me that if two people died at the same time, autopsies should have been done.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:56 am

tears Twinkletoes, that's what I was wondering - they should have done autopsies on the elderly couple and wouldn't you think that CO levels in their blood would have been elevated? If indeed that is what killed the couple then this dear child's death is manslaughter; it never should have happened. Need to research more on the first couple. How extremely tragic.
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:39 am

Ladibug, as always, we are in agreement. JEFFREY LEE WILLIAMS - 11 yo - Boone, NC / Rock Hill, SC 616541

I think I'm getting ladybugs on my toenails next time I have a pedicure.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:43 am

There is big money coming to the family of that poor boy.

The coroner should have done an autopsy, but apparently didn't. Even an idiot would think it strange for two people to die in the same room and would know an investigation was warranted.

I wonder if the mother has brain damage.

Next time I check into a hotel or motel I will for sure check to see if they have sensors for CO.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Funeral held for 11-year-old Boone hotel victim

Tue Jun 18, 2013.

FOX8/WGHP

ROCK HILL, S.C. — An 11-year-old boy was buried Sunday after a death that North Carolina’s top health administrator said should never have happened.

WSOC reported that Jeffrey Lee Williams’ funeral was held in his hometown of Rock Hill, S.C. just more than a week since his death.

Williams was the third person to die from carbon monoxide poisoning in the same Boone hotel room within about two months.
Jeffrey Williams and his mother were found unresponsive in their second-story room at the Best Western at 840 E. King St. on June 8.

Jeffrey Williams was pronounced dead and his mother was rushed to the hospital. The two were vacationing at the time.
On April 16, police said two elderly people, Shirley and Daryl Jenkins, were found dead in the same room, 225.

A Watauga County medical examiner resigned Friday after investigators found out he knew carbon monoxide killed the couple in the hotel a week before Williams died in the same room.

Dr. Brent Hall did not notify local health officials who could have shut down the hotel.

Boone Police Chief Dana Crawford said if his department knew there was a carbon monoxide death in the room, they would have worked with fire officials to find the leak.

He said it took investigators just hours to trace it back to a pool water heater after Williams’ death.

The state completed its toxicology report proving carbon monoxide killed the first couple on June 1.

And, even though Boone police requested that report “weeks before,” police said they didn’t receive it until June 10, two days too late to prevent Jeffrey Williams’ death.

North Carolina health secretary Aldona Wos said the deaths should have never happened and the state is reviewing its role in the troubled investigation.

Family members said Jeffrey Lee Williams will be greatly missed. They said he loved video games and playing the violin.

South Carolina will adopt a new set of building codes next month that will require carbon monoxide detectors and alarms in new and existing homes, hotels, dorms and even some apartments.

North Carolina currently does require CO detectors in new homes, but not in hotels.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/local/article_e7c92066-d743-11e2-8811-0019bb30f31a.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down