Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NATALIE and CHASE DEBLASE - 5 and 3 yo (2010) - Mobile AL

+8
oviedo45
alwaysbelieve
tammers1212
mom_in_il
admin
mermaid55
kiwimom
TomTerrific0420
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

NATALIE and CHASE DEBLASE - 5 and 3 yo (2010) - Mobile AL - Page 3 Empty Re: NATALIE and CHASE DEBLASE - 5 and 3 yo (2010) - Mobile AL

Post by ladibug Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Inmate: Keaton admitted to me she killed children

Updated: Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011, 9:00 AM CST
Published : Monday, 14 Feb 2011, 9:07 AM CST

MOBILE, Alabama (WALA) - Prosecutors say Heather Keaton confessed to killing her stepchildren to a Mobile County Metro Jail inmate. That news information came out in court Monday, during Keaton's preliminary hearing.

Keaton is charged with capital murder in connection with the deaths of her step children Natalie and Jonathan Chase Deblase. The capital murder charge came after her arrest in December on a lesser charge.

"There was a woman who was in the Mobile County Metro Jail on some very old, and fairly insignificant charges, a 2004 theft by deception case, who wanted absolutely nothing in return for the information that she gave. She was in the, what they call the wedge with Heather Keaton," Assistant District Attorney Jo Beth Murphee said.

Prosecutors said statements Keaton allegedly made to the fellow inmate resulted in the capital murder charges.

The inmate, Rosanna Russell, contacted Mobile Police after her release in mid-December.

Russell told investigators Keaton said she and John Deblase, the children's biological father, used anti-freeze to poison the children who were four and two-years-old.

According to the former inmate, the couple tested the anti-freeze first on the family dog to see how long it would take to kill a living thing.

Natalie died first. Her body was dumped in Citronelle.

The pair stopped poisoning Jonathan after the sister's death, but later considered him a liability because he continued to cry and ask for his "Sissy".

When Jonathan refused to eat the food laced with anti-freeze, Russell said Keaton told her the pair force fed him.

After Jonathan died, Keaton allegedly told Russell they drove the body to Vancleave, Mississippi. On the way, Keaton and Deblase stopped to buy two video games they intended to play when they returned home, because they no longer had to worry about taking care of the children.

All of this information apparently came as a surprise to the defense.

"I know nothing about the lady who supposedly got these statements or relayed these statements. I don't know whether she was a plant, or whether she got in jail and said hey this ought to help me out, become a snitch something like that. This was all news to us as of 8:00 this morning," defense lawyer Richard Horne said.

The case is now headed to a grand jury.

The grandfather and other family members of the Deblase children were also in court Monday.

They gave FOX10 News a written statement asking for support of a proposed "Grandparent's Bill of Rights".

The statement reads: "Today is Valentine's Day, a day for love. Natalie and Jonathan had the ultimate love for their grandparents. Representative Harry Shiver of Baldwin County has a bill, a Grandparent's Bill of Rights. Please support this representative in his quest to pass this bill. The bill is too late to help Natalie and Jonathan but maybe it will stop this from happening again. Only the citizens of Alabama can stop this by passing a Grandparent's Bill of Rights. The loving Grandparents of Natalie and Jonathan Deblase remember these children were born from love. Love your grandchildren any way you can. You will never regret it. Richard Deblase."

Keaton’s lawyer attempted to call John Deblase to testify. Deblase was brought into the courtroom. In response to his lawyer's advice, Deblase declined to testify by taking the Fifth Amendment. Deblase is charged with felony murder in the children's deaths.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/heather-keaton-in-court-for-preliminary-hearing
ladibug
ladibug
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

NATALIE and CHASE DEBLASE - 5 and 3 yo (2010) - Mobile AL - Page 3 Empty Re: NATALIE and CHASE DEBLASE - 5 and 3 yo (2010) - Mobile AL

Post by mermaid55 Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:49 pm

New Trial Date Set for John DeBlase
Posted: Mar 18, 2014 5:33 PM CDT
Updated: Mar 28, 2014 5:33 PM CDT

MOBILE, Ala. -
It has been four years since John DeBlase was accused of poisoning his children Natalie and Chase and the trial, which was supposed to take place in a week, has been pushed back again.

Jim Spears withdrew from the DeBlase capital murder case Monday for reasons he says were in the best interest of his client.

Tuesday, two new attorneys have been assigned to his case, and a new date has been set.

Attorneys, Arthur Powell and Glenn Davidson will takeover where Sears and his partner Ashley Cameron left off.

John DeBlase's parents Richard and Ann have concerns, and just want closure.

"Personally, I'm hoping that with the trial, we get some answers as to why a little bit. We may not be able to, but I would like to know some of the reasons why, why this happened," says father, Richard DeBlase.

The new trial date is set for October 14th.

http://www.wkrg.com/story/25010577/new-trial-date-set-for-john-deblase
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:15 am

Alabama Father John DeBlase Faces Death Sentence For Killing Children
NATALIE and CHASE DEBLASE - 5 and 3 yo (2010) - Mobile AL - Page 3 Article-1337376-0C6D28E6000005DC-205_468x296-665x385
John DeBlase, a 33-year-old Alabama man, has been convicted of capital murder and now faces the death penalty.

DeBlase and his common-law wife Heather Leveall-Keaton were both arrested and charged in the 2010 murder of their 5-year-old daughter Natalie and 3-year-old son Chase. John was found guilty on three counts of capital murder for his crimes, and the jury in the case is now recommending the death penalty.

“It’s been a long four years and a long four weeks, but finally, finally, we have justice for these young children, these babies who were so brutally murdered,” said Mobile County, AL District Attorney Ashley Rich.

DeBlase and his wife reportedly killed their children after poisoning them with antifreeze and strangling them. The children’s bodies were then dumped in the woods. John’s attorney had initially attempted to argue that he was being “directed by Keaton,” according to NBC News, and the woman was a “violent controlling psychopath.”

DeBlase, however, admitted in letters read during the trial that he did in fact kill his children, with the intention to “put them out of their misery.” The NY Daily News reported that John and his wife had been fantasizing of a life to themselves before they decided to poison the young children.

John DeBlase’s trial lasted a total of 10 days and concluded on Tuesday. DeBlase was seemingly unemotional and expressionless when he was finally convicted. AL.com reports that he “had no reaction when the jury foreperson read the unanimous verdict, other than to shake his already lowered head. He stood with slumped shoulders as Circuit Judge Rick Stout pronounced him guilty.”

DeBlase’s father Richard released a statement via his Facebook page, obtained by Fox10 News, blaming Keaton for leading John “down a road to destruction.”

Richard added that he is “disappointed with the decision made by the jurors.”

“I truly believe John did not kill his children. I take blame for not working harder to find out what was happening to my grandchildren,” Richard DeBlase said. “I will live with this the rest of my life. Natalie, Chase forgive me may you rest in peace knowing you will always be in our hearts.”

The trial of John DeBlase comes amidst a growing number of parental murder cases in the public eye as of late. The mother of 3-year-old Scotty McMillan and her boyfriend were recently charged with torturing and killing the toddler in Chester County, PA. The story has sparked national outrage.

DeBlase’s common-law wife, Heather Leveall-Keaton, also faces murder charges, and her trial will begin in March of 2015.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1598942/alabama-father-john-deblase-faces-death-sentence-for-killing-children/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:27 am

Father who poisoned, tortured and strangled his 3 and 4-year-old children is sentenced to death and says 'he won't plead for mercy'

• John DeBlase from Mobile, Alabama, found guilty of murder in November
  • He poisoned Natalie and Chase with antifreeze and strangled them 
  • Their bodies were then dumped in rural Mississippi in 2010 
  • Corinne DeBlase, their biological mother, wept as he was sentenced
  • Judge Rick Stout said their deaths were 'heinous, atrocious and cruel'

By Wills Robinson For Dailymail.com

Published: 19:54 EST, 8 January 2015  | Updated: 20:01 EST, 8 January 2015

A father who tortured and killed his three-year-old son and four-year-old daughter has been sentenced to death.

John DeBlase from Mobile, Alabama, was found guilty of two counts of murder in November for poisoning Natalie and Chase with antifreeze and strangling them.

The 31-year-old and his wife Heather Keaton - who will also be tried for the killings in April - were then arrested after the children's bodies were dumped in a rural area in Mississippi in 2010.

Chase's remains were found six months after he was killed.

The pair's biological mother, Corinne DeBlase, wept silently as the court heard how the search for her children unfolded before he was sentenced on Thursday. 
NATALIE and CHASE DEBLASE - 5 and 3 yo (2010) - Mobile AL - Page 3 2486D1D000000578-0-image-a-9_1420763784636
Murderer: John DeBlase walks to his seat in a courtroom in Mobile, Alabama, before being sentenced to death for torturing and killing his two young children 
NATALIE and CHASE DEBLASE - 5 and 3 yo (2010) - Mobile AL - Page 3 2486C43300000578-0-image-m-11_1420763871044
Gruesome: The 31-year-old poisoned four-year-old Natalie (left) and three-year-old Chase with anti-freeze before strangling them and dumping their bodies in Mississippi in 2010 
According to AL.com Circuit Judge Rick Stout had two options in deciding DeBlase's fate: either life without possibility of parole or death by lethal injection.

He told the court that the killings were 'especially heinous, atrocious and cruel,' and included 'completely consciousless, pitiless torture of the victims.' He then sentenced DeBlase to death after it was suggested by the jury.

In a bid to save his own life, DeBlase addressed the judge before sentencing and said: 'I am not going to beg for mercy, I'm going to ask for mercy. I'm going to ask for my life. Your honor, I love my kids.'

During the trial John DeBlase's attorneys argued that Keaton's harsh discipline tactics lead to the children's deaths, but prosecutors said DeBlase likely killed the children to end their suffering.

'I don't think there's any doubt that the person who had the motive and hatred was Heather Keaton,' defense attorney Glenn Davidson said during his closing arguments Tuesday.

'She had no regard for the children and evidence showed she had no concern for their safety or their well-being. She was consumed with jealousy of Natalie's relationship with her father. When she couldn't control the children, she killed them.' 
NATALIE and CHASE DEBLASE - 5 and 3 yo (2010) - Mobile AL - Page 3 2486C42B00000578-0-image-m-13_1420763996327
Horrifying: Circuit Judge Rick Stout told the court the pair's deaths were especially heinous, atrocious and cruel,' and included 'completely consciousless, pitiless torture of the victims.' Their biological mother wept as DeBlase was sentenced
NATALIE and CHASE DEBLASE - 5 and 3 yo (2010) - Mobile AL - Page 3 2486C41500000578-0-image-a-22_1420764191942

NATALIE and CHASE DEBLASE - 5 and 3 yo (2010) - Mobile AL - Page 3 2486C41B00000578-0-image-m-21_1420764187770
Accomplice: Heather Keaton, DeBlase's common-law wife (right), will be tried separately for the killings in April. Prosecutors said DeBlase likely killed the children to end their suffering at the hands of Keaton

Earlier in the trial, Corrine DeBlase said she had given up custody of her daughter Natalie, four, and three-year-old son Chase to John DeBlase in 2008 because she thought he was a 'good father'.

'He was their father, he was supposed to protect them. That's what a father is supposed to do,' she told the jury.

She added: 'Nobody can blame me more than I can blame myself. I know there are things I could have done then. I was their mother I should have done something.'

Mrs DeBlase said she had been forced to give up custody of her 'well-mannered' children after she lost her job and home, and her marriage collapsed.

She said that her ex-husband mainly treated Natalie like 'his little princess', but had once 'popped her in her mouth' when she was suffering from a night terror, according to AL.com.

NATALIE and CHASE DEBLASE - 5 and 3 yo (2010) - Mobile AL - Page 3 2486C41F00000578-0-Earlier_in_the_trial_Corrine_DeBlase_the_children_s_biological_m-m-24_1420764263173
Devastated: Earlier in the trial, Corrine DeBlase, the children's biological mother said she had given up custody of her daughter Natalie, four, and three-year-old son Chase to John DeBlase in 2008 because she thought he was a 'good father'

The last time she had seen her children was November 17, 2009. A year later, she was told the youngsters were missing, Fox 10 reported.

'They were my heart. It may not seem the way they make it look but I loved them so much. I loved them so much and I can’t have no more (kids),' Mrs DeBlase told the court.

Yesterday, Brandon Newburn a former cellmate of DeBlase, claimed the suspect wrote a series of letters saying he choked the youngsters to 'end their suffering' at the hands of Keaton.

In the 10 letters, DeBlase reportedly said Keaton rained 'tortures and abuse' on his children at their home in Mobile County, Alabama, before finally giving him an ultimatum that it was 'her or the kids'. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2902793/Father-poisoned-tortured-strangled-3-4-year-old-children-sentenced-death-mother-weeps-court.html#ixzz3OHtaCTA6
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3