Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INFANT GIRL - 9 months - / On trial: Edwin Wren - New Smynra, FL

Go down

INFANT GIRL - 9 months - / On trial: Edwin Wren - New Smynra, FL Empty INFANT GIRL - 9 months - / On trial: Edwin Wren - New Smynra, FL

Post by twinkletoes Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Man accused of raping baby testifies: I was abused too

Man could face life in prison, if convicted

UPDATED 5:58 AM EDT Jul 19, 2013

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. —Edwin Wren, the man accused of raping a baby, testified Thursday that he was sexually assaulted himself as a child.

• INFANT GIRL - 9 months - / On trial: Edwin Wren - New Smynra, FL Wren--Edwin-jpg
    Wren, Edwin

A trial is underway in the case of a 20-year-old Volusia County man accused of raping a baby.

Wren, 20, could face life in prison in the felony case if convicted.

"I tried to kill myself and threatened teachers, hitting them kicking them," Wren said.

Defense attorneys said they may argue insanity when they lay out their case.

"I was sitting on the couch about to watch a movie and I heard a voice in my head telling me to do something to her," Wren said.

Wren was arrested in October 2011 near New Smyrna Beach after prosecutors said he raped the 9-month-old daughter of a friend. He'd been babysitting the infant.

The state introduced a letter Wren wrote to the mother's former boyfriend, while Wren was in jail. In it, he admits what happened.
"Please promise that you will help me out with this, bro. I'm counting on you, bro. I would never do something like that in my right mind. You have to trust me, bro," Wren wrote in the letter.

One of the first investigators to respond to the house immediately saw signs of trouble in the nursery.
The baby underwent surgery for trauma to her body.

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/volusia-county/man-accused-of-raping-baby-testifies-i-was-abused-too/-/12983450/21040006/-/item/1/-/ashqidz/-/index.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

INFANT GIRL - 9 months - / On trial: Edwin Wren - New Smynra, FL Empty Re: INFANT GIRL - 9 months - / On trial: Edwin Wren - New Smynra, FL

Post by twinkletoes Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:23 am

Man found guilty of raping 9-month-old

Edwin Wren sentenced to life in prison

Published  11:05 AM EDT Jul 19, 2013

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. —A jury found a Volusia County man guilty of raping a 9-month-old baby.

Edwin Wren, 20, took the stand on Thursday claiming he heard voices telling him to hurt the baby, while babysitting the infant at a home near New Smyrna Beach in 2011.

"I was sitting on the couch about to watch a movie and I heard a voice in my head telling me to do something to her," Wren said.
Wren said he blacked out. His attorney claims he was insane at the time of the crime.

However, prosecutors said Wren took steps to hide the crime and get an alibi. A doctor who examined Wren testified he's not insane.

The state introduced a letter Wren wrote to the mother's former boyfriend, while Wren was in jail. In it, he admits what happened.
"Please promise that you will help me out with this, bro. I'm counting on you, bro. I would never do something like that in my right mind. You have to trust me, bro," Wren wrote in the letter.

The baby underwent surgery for trauma to her body.

Wren was immediately sentenced to life in prison without parole and is declared a sexual predator.

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/volusia-county/man-found-guilty-of-raping-9monthold/-/12983450/21060322/-/4ux6jdz/-/index.html#ixzz2ZdQsNaYf
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down