Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA

+6
kiwimom
alwaysbelieve
retired_infl
kristen
Andrea24
TomTerrific0420
10 posters

Go down

PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA Empty PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:14 pm

A shady, quiet dead-end street belies what took place inside a
modest home early Sunday morning in south Whitfield County — a 5-week
old infant died as a result of wounds inflicted by his father,
authorities said.
PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA Nathaniel_Hister_20090804135535_320_240
Nathaniel Roderick Hester, 29, of 541 Country
Lane, Dalton, was charged with murder after a GBI crime lab pathologist
ruled the death of little Piper Hayden Hester, born June 24, a
homicide. Hester was also charged with obstruction of an officer when
he returned to the scene and attempted to get into the house after
emergency personnel and deputies arrived.

Whitfield 911 reported receiving the emergency call at 3:28 a.m. about a child not breathing.

“(Hester) fled the scene on foot before the first officer arrived, then returned
one hour later,” said Capt. Rick Swiney of the sheriff’s office. “It
was determined he was intoxicated.”

When asked how, Swiney replied, “It was obvious he was under the influence (of alcohol) ...
based on the evidence obtained, our investigation did show that drugs
were involved also.”

When an ambulance, deputies and firefighters arrived, they found the baby girl and her mother on the
kitchen floor with the mom trying to administer CPR, Swiney said. The
mother is not expected to be charged.

The autopsy, which was completed Monday morning, revealed the child had a large skull
fracture, several broken ribs and a broken femur (leg bone), Swiney
said.

Swiney said the GBI and District Attorney’s office are
assisting in the investigation. Nathaniel Hester had DUIs in July of
2000 and August of 2004, according to a jail spokesman, along with
traffic and disorderly conduct charges.

Last edited by TomTerrific0420 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA Empty Re: PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:11 pm

The Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office and the Georgia Bureau of
Investigation are investigating the murder of one month old Piper
Hayden Hester, which occurred during the early morning hours of August
2, 2009. Investigators said at approximately 3:28 a.m. the
Whitfield County 911 Center received a call from a residence located at
541 Country Lane. The caller was requesting assistance because her
infant child was not breathing. When the first emergency
personnel arrived, they found the mother had the child on the floor
administering CPR. The child was transported to the hospital where she
was pronounced dead. An examination of the infant at the
hospital revealed obvious bruises and head trauma. Officers at the
scene determined the father of the child had been at the residence, but
had fled on foot before emergency personnel arrived on the scene. Approximately
one hour later the infant’s father -- Nathaniel Hester -- walked back
onto the property and ignored officer’s orders to not enter the crime
scene. He was taken into custody outside the residence.

A search warrant was executed at the residence and the parents of the
child were transported to the Sheriff’s Office and questioned. The
mother was questioned and released. After questioning the father, he
was detained at the Whitfield County Jail.

An autopsy conducted on August 3, at the GBI Crime Lab in Atlanta revealed the
infant died of blunt force trauma to the head and torso. The State
Pathologist ruled the death a homicide. Nathaniel Roderick Hester, 29, has been
charged with Felony Murder, Cruelty to Children, and Obstruction of an Officer.
Hester is being held without bond. Investigators
are still attempting to determine all the facts surrounding the death;
however alcohol is believed to have played a major role in the murder.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA Empty 911 call contents revealed

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:05 pm

Whitfield County has released the 911 recording in the death of a one month old child over the weekend.
Piper Hayden Hester died from blunt force trauma to the head and
body. The autopsy found that the baby suffered a head wound.. Broken
ribs and a broken leg.
Investigators have charged her father with murder. Nathaniel Roderick Hester was left with his daughter over the weekend.
The mother returned home and found the child wasn't breathing. In
her 911 call, you can hear her angrily confronting her husband. "Why
isn't she breathing.. Why the *** isn't she breathing? Why do you have
her blood on you? You *** ***, I'm going to kill you. You're going to
jail. Why are you bleeding? Nathan Hester: Oh my God."
Sheriff Scott Chitwood says alcohol played a major role in the case.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA Empty Re: PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:50 pm

Nathaniel Hester told his attorney “he would never murder his baby,” the attorney told reporters on Friday.

Chris Townley is representing Hester on charges of felony murder and cruelty
to children in the death of Hester’s 5-week-old daughter, Piper.
Townley did not request bond for Hester in Whitfield County Superior
Court on Friday.

“It’s early in the investigation, and we will
not request bond now but seek further information,” Townley told Judge
Cindy Morris.

Hester, 29, was arrested early Sunday morning at
the family’s house in Carbondale where authorities say the injuries
that led to his daughter’s death occurred. Piper Hester was pronounced
dead after being taken to Hamilton Medical Center. The coroner cited
the cause of death as “blunt force trauma” to the head and torso.

Hester appeared via a video feed from the county jail, handcuffed, bearded and in a striped jail uniform. He did not speak.

“At this point we think more facts will come out,” Townley said outside the
courtroom. “We’ve asked for the right to file a motion of bond at a
later time.”

Morris approved that request. Townley said he does not have a date in mind, but it will probably not be next week.

“I want to go over information I have with (District Attorney Kermit
McManus) before the bond hearing,” he said. “We’ve received information
that I will provide to the DA. People have jumped to conclusions.”

Asked who, Townley said Georgia Bureau of Investigation investigator Dan Sims.

“I think when the scientific evidence comes back (from the crime lab), he
will view the case differently,” said Townley, adding he looks forward
to working with McManus and Sims, calling them “experienced.”

Townley said the “conclusions” jumped to so far are the fact Hester is charged with murder.

Asked if Hester was drunk that morning, Townley responded, “It’s my
understanding that that’s what the sheriff’s department is indicating —
I think they did testing on him that day.”

Sims said there are facets of the investigation that can not be revealed at this time.
Asked if Hester was given an intoxication test, he replied, “I can’t
comment on the evidence.”

Capt. Rick Swiney with the sheriff’s office said he “could not release that (the intoxication test) evidence at this point.”

Swiney said Kristen Hester, Piper’s mother, was at the house through the
evening Saturday and woke up to find the infant was not in her crib.

“She located the baby and took it into the kitchen, where the phone was, and placed it on the floor to do CPR,” he said.

Swiney would not say where the baby was found. He said Kristen Hester’s other
child — Nathaniel Hester is not the father — was not in the house.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea24 Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:01 pm

This is my sisters baby and if you are going to post her story you should get it right. She was not in Carbondale Il she was in Carbondale GA

Andrea24
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:27 pm

Andrea24 wrote:This is my sisters baby and if you are going to post her story you should get it right. She was not in Carbondale Il she was in Carbondale GA
---I am so sorry Andrea. Sorry for your loss and the error. I truly appreciate your bringing it to my attention.
Would you please be kind enough to keep us updated on the results of any legal proceedings?
Thanks in advance!
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA Empty piper hayden hester

Post by kristen Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:14 am

I am her mother if you have any questions please direct them towards me and not my sister

kristen
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by retired_infl Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:38 am

kristen wrote:I am her mother if you have any questions please direct them towards me and not my sister

Kristen, we are deeply sorry for your loss. Tom certainly meant no disrespect. My deepest sympathy for you, your sister and family.
retired_infl
retired_infl
Superhero (cape and tights included)
Superhero (cape and tights included)

Job/hobbies : reading, cooking, gardening, jazz

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:51 am

kristen wrote:I am her mother if you have any questions please direct them towards me and not my sister

PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA 133385 I am so very, very sorry for your loss. PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA 719242 Saying a special prayer for you and your family.
Please know, Tom means absolutely no harm-he just reports what has been reported and believe me, he means no disrespect at all. PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA 719242 Praying God holds you in his arms and guides you through this extremely difficult time.
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:06 am

Delete

Last edited by kiwimom on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:32 am

Oh I give up. I've had to delete two posts now. No point really. Just worry about your other child. That's all.
https://www.youtube.com/user/KristenHester911
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA Empty piper hayden hester...thank you

Post by kristen Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:56 am

thank you for your prayers...and kiwi mom do i know you? How do you know about my other daughter? please don't post links to that you tube page , whoever set that up is a very cold hearted person (i hope it wasn't you but if you've already had to delete stuff off of here I'm assuming it could be) and please do not tell me to worry about my other child...i do everyday, especially now...sincethis case is going to the grand jury soon i would be happy to discuss details because apparently nathan's whole defense is going to be making me look like a horrible person.
Here are some facts (pay attention kiwimom):
1. Nathan's tox screen was positive for opiates, cocaine, and thc
2. My tox screen was completely negative
3.I stayed and gave my precious Hayden cpr for about 15-20mins., Nathan ran away
4.The injuries Hayden sustain are far worse than originally reported and i have doubled my antidepressants (apparently it was "overkill" and very intentional)
5. Had i known i couldn't save my baby, this would be a far different case i assure you
6. i have been told by detectives that this could be a very public trial and nathan has a very expensive lawyer (His family has paid over $50,000 on a smear campain basically to provide reasonable doubt)
7.I developed peripartum cardiomyopathy which led to congestive heart failure a few days after hayden was born so I was on 4 different medications for my heart ( I'm only on one now)....I don't know why I didn't hear her or even if she made a sound, I don't know why he did it (he was always really good with my other daughter)

I will try and keep you posted

kristen
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Thanks Kristen for your input and helping us glean some more facts about this case. Many times I have seen "wealthy" perps waltz around the Justice system with defense strategy and high-powered attorneys. Of all those involved in this case you are most welcome to use this as a sounding board. Many of our members have Law enforcement and/or Legal expertise and may be able offer some help and guidance.
We are here for you and for Hayden's memory and, ultimately, for all children who are neglected, abused or worse.
Hang Tough,
TomT
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:37 am

kristen wrote:thank you for your prayers...and kiwi mom do i know you? How do you know about my other daughter? please don't post links to that you tube page , whoever set that up is a very cold hearted person (i hope it wasn't you but if you've already had to delete stuff off of here I'm assuming it could be) and please do not tell me to worry about my other child...i do everyday, especially now...sincethis case is going to the grand jury soon i would be happy to discuss details because apparently nathan's whole defense is going to be making me look like a horrible person.
3.I stayed and gave my precious Hayden cpr for about 15-20mins., Nathan ran away
4.The injuries Hayden sustain are far worse than originally reported and i have doubled my antidepressants (apparently it was "overkill" and very intentional)
5. Had i known i couldn't save my baby, this would be a far different case i assure you
6. i have been told by detectives that this could be a very public trial and nathan has a very expensive lawyer (His family has paid over $50,000 on a smear campain basically to provide reasonable doubt)
7.I developed peripartum cardiomyopathy which led to congestive heart failure a few days after hayden was born so I was on 4 different medications for my heart ( I'm only on one now)....I don't know why I didn't hear her or even if she made a sound, I don't know why he did it (he was always really good with my other daughter)

I will try and keep you posted
Kristen I don't have anything to do with that site. I have found that you are on a lot of sites that post news articles about this case and seem to be trying to control what people post. Unfortunately you can't. I have no idea why you feel the need to justify yourself as there is nothing on this site that even remotely implies you were responsible for what happened. Nor was there on the other site I posted the link for. I am sorry for your loss and I hope you get justice for baby Piper. I hope you get well soon.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanie Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:09 pm

kristen wrote:thank you for your prayers...and kiwi mom do i know you? How do you know about my other daughter? please don't post links to that you tube page , whoever set that up is a very cold hearted person (i hope it wasn't you but if you've already had to delete stuff off of here I'm assuming it could be) and please do not tell me to worry about my other child...i do everyday, especially now...sincethis case is going to the grand jury soon i would be happy to discuss details because apparently nathan's whole defense is going to be making me look like a horrible person.

Hello Kristien, first let me just say how deeply saddened I am for you, I can only imagine your grief, I'm so sorry this has happened.

Because of what you and Kiwi wrote I went and looked at some of the blogs and other forums I'm a member of that discuss crime and found what you both were referring to right away.

I see exactly what you are saying about his family's smear campaign. I also see what Kiwi was referring to as in you seeming to feel the need to justify yourself all over the internet.

Nathaniel's family is all over those sites defending him and trashing you, it's as plain as the nose on my face. but what is also plain dear Kristen is that they are defending a scumbag that murdered his child. every one of those website's had ALL the people who were not his family (or ass kisser's) right up in their faces and telling 'em off. (D'D' really did them in, wow)

It's obvious theses few people who are bad mouthing you are one and the same just signing up with different user names.. they aren't even clever enough to change their atrocious grammar (not like mine's great but I also am not pretending to be 10 different people at the same time).

I realize after all that reading of those vile members of his family comments that your probably on the defense, but believe me when I tell you any-one with half a brain is on your side without you saying anything about yourself or justifying yourself in anyway.

Since you posted these facts though I'd like to comment on them if I may...
kristen wrote:

Good but lets say it was visa-versa it still wouldn't matter. straight or sober he was the one covered in your baby's blood, he was the one with her and as in your next comment.

exactly. he did not call for help, he did not try to help AND he's the one who felt the need to run when authorities were on there way.

Don't post 'em. let those facts hit his family in the face like a wet noodle. they can see for themselves what 'crow' taste like.

after the world heard your 911 call WE believe you.

Let them throw their money down the toilet then.
If what they have posted so far is the best they got they are (for lack of a better word) SCREWED!!!
(Doesn't that tell you they got nothing? they have to sling mud and that's their best defense? think about it)

I seen this was something his family kept trying to throw in your face, wow thats incredible. you know your suppose to be on bed rest for weeks after having a baby with out the complications.

some women with peripartum cardiomyopathy remain stable for long periods, while others get worse slowly. either way once you have it it's a life long battle as far as i'm aware (at any time it can develop into Cardiac arrhythmias, Congestive heart failure, Or you can get blood clots in your lungs)

I even seen someone talking about Preeclampsia (which can take 6wks to go away and side effects can still linger, I know because I'm living. it 2yrs after my child was born my blood pressure has remained through the roof)

Kristen heres the thing - you don't have to defend yourself, especially not to the likes of those villains, and not to us - a bunch of faceless internet entities, or any other person who's job isn't relative to the investigation into your daughters death.

People are gonna talk about your case, thats a given.
They are also gonna have their own opinions, good and bad, thats a given too.
But sister you gotta rise above that and not let it get to you and break you totally.

don't sink to the level his family and few supporters are on. I've seen what you wrote and you have kept your head and haven't fallen for mud slinging all together but they are baiting you. don't take the bait.

You said they are on a smear campaign, if they end up pissing you off and you curse them out, you wouldn't put it past them to throw up in court do you?

don't waste your time & energy on those monsters shadowing you, besides they have a real knack for making themselves look foolish and also theres plenty of people on every board Ive seen that will happily put them in there place for you.

everything will all come out in court. facts are facts and a judge and jury will see that. even if a hint of anything his family has said about is true (smoking, medical past, etc..) that isn't gonna sway them even if they were the biggest prudes on earth after listening to testimony from investigators, police and paramedics on the scene, the coroner and your 911 call. thats some powerful stuff Kristen, your not the one who has to prove your innocence...he is.

I know your angry Kristen, we all would be, you lost two people you love - I'd be furious! use that anger to help put that Charlton who duped you into believing he was a descent person behind bars and get justice for your daughter.

Words, however kind can't mend your heartache but those who care and share your loss wish you comfort and peace of mind.
May you find strength in the love of family and in the warm embrace of friends. you have my prayers and deepest sympathy
Joanie
Joanie
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Job/hobbies : Mom against child abuse

Back to top Go down

PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA Empty thank you

Post by kristen Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Thank you very much for the kind words...I know I do seem very defensive, I'm very sorry. Sometimes my grief is so overwhelming it comes out as something else entirely. Joanie...Thank you so very much ..you have no idea how much your insight has helped me. They are trying to bait me and I shouldn't let them because I'm better than that.I will try to keep you posted on anything else i learn about the case. Thank you very much for your prayers

kristen
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Thank you Joannie for articulating what I had a couple of goes at but deleted my poor attempts.
Kristen, that was what I was trying to say. Hang tough and try not to sweat the small stuff. Justice will prevail and he will get his no matter what they try to say about you.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanie Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:15 pm

Sorry for my late reply, thank you both for your kind words.

I understand Kristen's grief must be truly raw, I know any of ours would be.
Kristen I don't think you should be reading any more internet stuff for awhile. it's true from our point of view they are baiting you, they probably have a finger on the print button ready to push it at any time.

If you explode they say see here look at what a hot head she can be.. they seem so damn desperate and venomous that what would stop them from doing so despite the fact they truly deserve a good ass ripping you can't be the one to give it to them...

besides do you know how horrible these vipers appear to the outside world? let me tell you there isn't any thing more disgusting (with the exception of the perpetrator themselves) then someone who defends them and attacks the victim.

Your a victim Kristen, I believe your voice above all others is going to be the key to locking him up for a very long time.

My advice would be to start writing up your victim impact statement when ever your infuriated and want to respond to them on the net, write it on paper, your emotion will get justice for your daughter.

your in my prayers...always

Last edited by Joanie on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sleepy, sorry)
Joanie
Joanie
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Job/hobbies : Mom against child abuse

Back to top Go down

PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA Empty interesting and sick

Post by worriedinga Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:43 am

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_174385.asp

This is nathaniel's brother in law. I guess child abuse is a family thing. This family makes me sick. I know the mom and apparently she was right about them all being crazy

worriedinga
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:41 am

Joanie wrote:

Hello Kristien, first let me just say how deeply saddened I am for you, I can only imagine your grief, I'm so sorry this has happened.

Because of what you and Kiwi wrote I went and looked at some of the blogs and other forums I'm a member of that discuss crime and found what you both were referring to right away.

I see exactly what you are saying about his family's smear campaign. I also see what Kiwi was referring to as in you seeming to feel the need to justify yourself all over the internet.

Nathaniel's family is all over those sites defending him and trashing you, it's as plain as the nose on my face. but what is also plain dear Kristen is that they are defending a scumbag that murdered his child. every one of those website's had ALL the people who were not his family (or ass kisser's) right up in their faces and telling 'em off. (D'D' really did them in, wow)

It's obvious theses few people who are bad mouthing you are one and the same just signing up with different user names.. they aren't even clever enough to change their atrocious grammar (not like mine's great but I also am not pretending to be 10 different people at the same time).

I realize after all that reading of those vile members of his family comments that your probably on the defense, but believe me when I tell you any-one with half a brain is on your side without you saying anything about yourself or justifying yourself in anyway.

Since you posted these facts though I'd like to comment on them if I may...
kristen wrote:

Good but lets say it was visa-versa it still wouldn't matter. straight or sober he was the one covered in your baby's blood, he was the one with her and as in your next comment.

exactly. he did not call for help, he did not try to help AND he's the one who felt the need to run when authorities were on there way.

Don't post 'em. let those facts hit his family in the face like a wet noodle. they can see for themselves what 'crow' taste like.

after the world heard your 911 call WE believe you.

Let them throw their money down the toilet then.
If what they have posted so far is the best they got they are (for lack of a better word) SCREWED!!!
(Doesn't that tell you they got nothing? they have to sling mud and that's their best defense? think about it)

I seen this was something his family kept trying to throw in your face, wow thats incredible. you know your suppose to be on bed rest for weeks after having a baby with out the complications.

some women with peripartum cardiomyopathy remain stable for long periods, while others get worse slowly. either way once you have it it's a life long battle as far as i'm aware (at any time it can develop into Cardiac arrhythmias, Congestive heart failure, Or you can get blood clots in your lungs)

I even seen someone talking about Preeclampsia (which can take 6wks to go away and side effects can still linger, I know because I'm living. it 2yrs after my child was born my blood pressure has remained through the roof)

Kristen heres the thing - you don't have to defend yourself, especially not to the likes of those villains, and not to us - a bunch of faceless internet entities, or any other person who's job isn't relative to the investigation into your daughters death.

People are gonna talk about your case, thats a given.
They are also gonna have their own opinions, good and bad, thats a given too.
But sister you gotta rise above that and not let it get to you and break you totally.

don't sink to the level his family and few supporters are on. I've seen what you wrote and you have kept your head and haven't fallen for mud slinging all together but they are baiting you. don't take the bait.

You said they are on a smear campaign, if they end up pissing you off and you curse them out, you wouldn't put it past them to throw up in court do you?

don't waste your time & energy on those monsters shadowing you, besides they have a real knack for making themselves look foolish and also theres plenty of people on every board Ive seen that will happily put them in there place for you.

everything will all come out in court. facts are facts and a judge and jury will see that. even if a hint of anything his family has said about is true (smoking, medical past, etc..) that isn't gonna sway them even if they were the biggest prudes on earth after listening to testimony from investigators, police and paramedics on the scene, the coroner and your 911 call. thats some powerful stuff Kristen, your not the one who has to prove your innocence...he is.

I know your angry Kristen, we all would be, you lost two people you love - I'd be furious! use that anger to help put that Charlton who duped you into believing he was a descent person behind bars and get justice for your daughter.

Words, however kind can't mend your heartache but those who care and share your loss wish you comfort and peace of mind.
May you find strength in the love of family and in the warm embrace of friends. you have my prayers and deepest sympathy

Joanie, thank you so much for your eloquent, compassionate words. PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA 616541 Thank you for putting a voice to what so many us of us were thinking.

Kristen, I'm so sorry for your pain, for your loss, and for everything you are having to endure. It may be a small comfort, but you have people here who are willing to give you a safe place to land, a place to vent, and a shoulder to cry on. PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA 436780
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:56 am

March 1, 2010
Man held in baby’s death still in jail

Mark Millican
Dalton Daily Citizen

DALTON — A man who authorities allege killed his baby daughter on
Aug. 2 of last year is still sitting in the Whitfield County Jail, but
his case may go to a grand jury later this month.

Nathaniel Roderick Hester, 29, of 541 Country Lane in the Carbondale
community, was charged by the sheriff’s office with felony murder and
cruelty to children in the death of his 5-week-old daughter, Piper. He
was given a $250,000 bond on Feb. 15 by Judge Cindy Morris, said
Hester’s attorney Chris Townley, but has been unable to make bond.

“There’s nothing cooking right now, but we’re getting more crime lab
results,” said District Attorney Kermit McManus. “In fact, we got some
(two weeks ago). But we’re not prepared to go to the grand jury yet.”

McManus said the wait for evidence over the last few months is because
the state crime lab has been “in horrible turmoil” given state budget
problems.

“We won’t be presenting the case (this week), but maybe at the end of
March,” McManus added.

Townley said he met with special agent Dan Simms of the Georgia Bureau
of Investigation last week.

“He said he had a couple more leads to follow through on, and when he’s
finished with that we’re supposed to get back together,” Townley said.

Capt. Rick Swiney with the sheriff’s office said Kristen Hester, Piper’s
mother, was at the house on Country Lane the Saturday evening when the
alleged murder occurred, awaking after midnight to find the infant was
not in her crib. He said she tried CPR after finding the child. A
Whitfield 911 recording detailed Kristen Hester crying, trying to
administer CPR and screaming at her husband.

Coroner Bobbie Dixon called the case the worst example of child abuse
she had witnessed.

http://daltondailycitizen.com/local/x1004929002/Man-held-in-baby-s-death-still-in-jail
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:59 am

i don't see a follow up article about him going before the grand jury.
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:25 pm

worriedinga wrote:http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_174385.asp

This is nathaniel's brother in law. I guess child abuse is a family thing. This family makes me sick. I know the mom and apparently she was right about them all being crazy

PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA 765842 I read this article and OMG, they need to hang this sick bastard by his yoohoo's if ya' know what I mean.
Next, I want to know why the motel clerk wasn't calling LE when she saw how young the girls were he was bringing there? PIPER HAYDEN HESTER - 5 weeks - Carbondale GA 371647
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by kristen Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:07 pm

http://daltondailycitizen.com/local/x315773309/Man-pleads-guilty-in-child-s-death

A Carbondale man who authorities say was high on drugs and alcohol when
he killed his infant daughter in August of last year pleaded guilty to
voluntary manslaughter in Whitfield County Superior Court on Tuesday and
was sentenced to 18 years in prison.

Nathaniel Roderick Hester, 30, of 541 Country Lane, was originally
charged by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with felony murder and
cruelty to children in the beating death of his 5-week-old daughter,
Piper Hayden Hester.

District Attorney Kermit McManus said a plea agreement was reached that
allowed Hester not to face the felony murder charge if he pleaded to
the lesser charge. Judge Cindy Morris sentenced Hester to 18 years in
prison and two years on probation.

“We had a negotiated plea between us and the defendant’s lawyer, Chris
Townley from Ringgold,” McManus said. “(Hester) entered a guilty plea to
an accusation we filed charging him with voluntary manslaughter. (That
charge) has a maximum penalty of 20 years. The first 18 years will be
served in confinement.”

Assistant District Attorney Bert Poston prosecuted the case, and told
Morris that Hester had ingested cocaine, methamphetamine, marijuana and
alcohol — vodka specifically — in “large amounts.”

An arrest warrant said that Hester “caused blunt force injury to the
head and torso which resulted in the death of the child.” Coroner Bobbie
Dixon called the case the worst example of child abuse she had seen.

Capt. Rick Swiney with the sheriff’s office said after the arrest that
Kristen Hester, Piper’s mother, was at the house on Country Lane the
Saturday evening when the events occurred, awaking after midnight to
find the infant was not in her crib. He said she tried CPR after finding
the child. A Whitfield 911 recording detailed Kristen Hester crying,
trying to administer CPR and screaming at her husband.

Nathaniel Hester appeared solemn in court, and at one point shook his
head as Poston told Morris the specifics of the case against him.

Terri Lynn Orr is Kristen Hester’s aunt, and said Piper’s death has
“crushed their family as we’ve struggled with the circumstances of her
death.”

“Nothing can bring her back, take away our pain and sense of loss, or
undo what happened,” she said. “But today’s sentencing brought some
closure and some sense of satisfaction as we finally heard Nathan Hester
take responsibility in court for the death of his daughter. Knowing he
will serve real time for this crime affords us a measure of relief ...
we are appreciative of the efforts of the law enforcement community and
the district attorney’s office as they have investigated ... (and) we
are thankful for the support and love shown to us by our friends,
coworkers, neighbors and the community.”

Townley said the death was “just a terrible tragic situation.”

“It’s one that we’ll never know the answer to in all of the details,”
he said. “Mr. Hester will never know. Under the circumstances I don’t
think anyone can say specifically what the perfect result (in the
sentencing) is because we’ll never know the true facts.”

Townley was asked if that was because of Hester’s physical and mental
condition that night.

“As far as him not knowing what occurred? Yes,” he replied. “I don’t
think there’s anybody that was part of the investigation who feels that
he was withholding information. He just didn’t have the information
(because he was intoxicated).”

Holly Ridley with the Family Support Council followed the case as an
advocate for children.

“An 18-year sentence doesn’t atone for the loss of little Piper,” she
said. “Sadly, nothing can. There is help in our community for people who
can’t cope with their stress and with the demands of parenthood. If a
parent feels overwhelmed with their responsibilities, they can call (the
Department of Family and Children Services) at (706) 272-2331 or Family
Support Council at (706) 272-7919 for help. No one wants to hurt their
child — they need to seek assistance before they reach that point. Not
doing so destroys lives.”

kristen
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down