Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAYDEN VICKERS - 2 yo (2/2011) - Ft Worth TX

5 posters

Go down

HAYDEN VICKERS - 2 yo (2/2011) - Ft Worth TX Empty HAYDEN VICKERS - 2 yo (2/2011) - Ft Worth TX

Post by twinkletoes Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:18 am

Man Charged With 2-Year-Old's Murder Has Criminal Past

ABILENE, Texas -- Franklin Ramey Jr. has a number of past run-in's with the law, but it's one in particular that stands out especially now that Ramey was charged with killing 2-year-old Hayden Vickers.

The home in the 2400 block of South 3rd is where Abilene Police responded to a call of injury to a child.There they found 2-year-old Hayden Vickers with head trauma from abuse.

On Saturday, Hayden Vickers died and Monday the live-in boyfriend of Hayden's mother, Amber Vickers, 31 year old Franklin Ramey Jr., was charged with the boy's murder.

It was the third murder in Abilene this year.Neighbors tell us the family was new to the neighborhood and kept to themselves.

One says he even introduced himself to Ramey but didn't find anything out of the ordinary.

A look into Ramey's past shows he's had multiple convictions and was on parole. Among his convictions, Ramey was found guilty of unlawfully carrying a weapon and burglary of a habitation.

However, Ramey was also found guilty of assault causing bodily injury.The investigation found Ramey was the only person in the home when 2-year-old Hayden died.

Ramey sits in the Taylor County Jail on a $500,000 bond.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

HAYDEN VICKERS - 2 yo (2/2011) - Ft Worth TX Empty Re: HAYDEN VICKERS - 2 yo (2/2011) - Ft Worth TX

Post by twinkletoes Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:25 am

UPDATE: Mom's Boyfriend Charged in Toddler's Death

Tuesday, February 22 2011

Update:

The man charged in the death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old son won't be getting out of jail any time soon. Franklin Ramey has been charged with parole violation related to a previous burglary charge.

Because of that, the Texas Department Of Criminal Justice says Ramey is not eligible to be released on the $500,000 bond that was set on Monday.

The victim, Hayden Vickers, was a special needs child who leaves behind two sisters; one of them his twin.

Original story:
An Abilene man has been arrested and charged with murder following the death of his girlfriend's 2 1/2 year old son.

The Abilene Police Department got a call Friday morning about child injured in the 2400 block of South 3rd Street. The boy, Hayden Vickers, was pronounced dead the following day at Cook Children's Hospital in Fort Worth.

His injuries were consistent with abusive head trauma, according to Sgt. Lynn Beard.

Franklin Edward Ramey Jr., 30, was arrested this morning and charged with murder. His bond was set at $500,000. [Updated at 3 p.m.]

Ramey is the boyfriend of Vicker's mother. He was the only adult present when the boy's injuries were reported and lived in the home where it happened, Sgt. Beard said.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

HAYDEN VICKERS - 2 yo (2/2011) - Ft Worth TX Empty Re: HAYDEN VICKERS - 2 yo (2/2011) - Ft Worth TX

Post by twinkletoes Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:31 am

Another mother, another boyfriend who was more important than her precious helpless child.

I'm happy they rescinded bail even if he couldn't have paid it.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Watcher_of_all Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:40 pm

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=437437

UPDATE: Jury Can't Reach Verdict in Abilene Murder Trial

By: Bigcountryhomepage.com Staff Reports

Updated: November 19, 2011

HAYDEN VICKERS - 2 yo (2/2011) - Ft Worth TX 320x240
UPDATE Saturday 9:00 am: Jurors were unable to reach a verdict in the trial of Franklin Ramey, Jr.

A hung jury was declared late Friday, according to KTAB's Victor Sotelo.

Ramey will likely be tried again in the future.
UPDATE Friday 11:15 pm: The jury in Franklin Ramey, Jr.'s murder trial continued deliberating late into the night Friday. Ramey is accused of killing 2-year-old Hayden Vickers earlier this year.

The jury went into deliberation just before 4 pm.

Original Story:
The pediatrician who treated 2-year-old Hayden Vickers this morning testified that the child suffered a very serious head injury.

The doctor testified for the prosecution in the murder trial of Franklin Ramey, Jr.

The doctor also told the jury that doctors removed some of the child's vital organs for transplant. The pediatrician says the injuries the child suffered were similar to those after a very serious traffic accident.

Ramey is charged with murder for the death of the toddler.

Watcher_of_all
Watcher_of_all

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Abilene Man Pleads Guilty In Death Of Girlfriend's 2-Year-Old Boy
By
POSTED: 12:24 PM Mar 26 2012 UPDATED: 1:40 AM Mar 26 2012

A man accused of murdering his girlfriend's infant son was sentenced to 30 years for injury to a child.

Franklin Ramey Jr. was given 30 years in prison as a part of a deal to plead guilty to a lesser injury to a child charge.

According to his attorney, it means Ramey admitted responsibility for 2-year-old Hayden Vicker's death, although not intentionally.

In November Ramey stood trial for the murder of Vickers, but that trial resulted in a hung jury.

Abilene Police responded to a call of injury to a child in February at the home in the 2400 block of South 3rd.

There they found 2-year-old Hayden Vickers with head trauma.

Vickers died a short time later, and Ramey, the live-in boyfriend of Hayden's mother, was charged with the boy's murder.

The investigation found Ramey was the only person in the home when 2-year-old Hayden was injured.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/Abilene-Man-Pleads-Guilty-In-Death-Of-Girlfriend-s-2-Year-Old-Boy/14668692
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

HAYDEN VICKERS - 2 yo (2/2011) - Ft Worth TX Empty my daddy

Post by jessica ramey Thu May 29, 2014 4:59 pm

this was my daddy he did not do this blame the mother she killed him not my daddy please let him go my cousin was there please...

jessica ramey
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Thu May 29, 2014 8:23 pm

jessica ramey wrote:this was my daddy he did not do this blame the mother she killed him not my daddy please let him go my cousin was there please...
I want you to know that we are not the people who are keeping your daddy. We group together the stories in the news as we find them. Please find an adult family member, friend, school teacher, or someone you can trust to talk to about what you know.
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Job/hobbies : Family (and Zoo) Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down