Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV

+16
flash0115
twinkletoes
Southern Lady
lovingmy9
wolfcry0418
inmyfloridaopinion
April
oviedo45
MehMehofMine
Chas1421
alwaysbelieve
kiwimom
Bear aka GA
onehope
admin
TomTerrific0420
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV Empty AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:06 am

A 32-year-old Reno man was jailed on charges he allegedly battered and abused his infant daughter, Reno police said.
Terrance Reed Smith was booked Tuesday into the Washoe County Jail on suspicion of domestic battery and child abuse. He remained in custody Wednesday in lieu of $6,772 bail.

AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV Bilde?Site=J7&Date=20101201&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=101201033&Ref=AR&MaxW=180&Border=0

Authorities said the baby’s mother Tuesday morning had taken the child to Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center after she seemed to be in pain. Doctors determined the child had an injury to her leg that was consistent with child abuse, according to a police report.Detectives allege Smith had been alone with the child just prior to her mother taking over her care. Smith was arrested following an interview with detectives.

Last edited by TomTerrific0420 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV Empty Re: AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV

Post by admin Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:23 pm

From Guest to Admin:

From Guest To Admin, Today at 14:42

First of all, her name is Amber Mackenzie Smith! I am her father and not an abusive one at that! I am tired of everyone jumping on the band wagon without getting all or for that matter any of the facts before blasting me into the media... causing me to lose my job and make things even worse on my wife, baby girl and myself! I agree there are a lot of turd balls on the planet!!! I am not one of them so get this crap off your website or when this is said and done " I will sue your ass... And donate the money to child abuse awareness. Do we understand?" You want to make the world aware... Fine. Why don't you ask the doctors that re-checked the xray's and testimonies of events to see that I am being railroaded and now lost my job... CPS is trying to break my family apart that I love very much and they love me!!!

You certainly aren't going to bully me, mister. The cops arrested you for a reason. You might be able to "allegedly" beat up on a poor, defenseless baby, but we are all adults here, completely capable of defending ourselves. If you think for one second I'm going to remove this story, you are sadly mistaken. DO WE UNDERSTAND ONE ANOTHER? Does the name Kelsey Briggs ring any bells?

I've absolutely had it with the threat of lawsuits. We aren't breaking the law, it's called freedom of the press.
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV Empty Re: AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV

Post by admin Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:22 pm

[Contact] my reply to ms briggs
From Guest To Admin, Today at 16:10

No it didn't "ring any bells." So whatever, if it makes you happy to participate in my smearing of name name and my family so be it... Whatever happened to you was your deal and not mine. Sorry if you had bad stuff happened to you and your poor child didn't deserve to die. But, that still doesn't give you or anybody else the right to talk about me! My wife hasn't been enabling any abuse in our house... because there is none! Maybe Raye allowed her child to die and the evidence proved beyond a reasonable doubt that it was so... In my case there is no evidence whatsoever that I abused my baby and I will be found not guilty as a result of that! As I said before and I'll say again I love my daughter and wife and will/would never hurt either of them... If it helps you to sleep at night thinking that what you're doing is right, then so be it! The system lets people down all the time... because it isn't perfect... But it does at least catch some of the dirt bags and that's all we can hope for! Why don't you donate to my fund so that my family doesn't lose like hers did?

DONATE TO YOUR FUND? LOL....Oh you have GOT to be kidding me. You obviously made bail....And I'm not Kelsey Brigg's mom, nor am I related to her in anyway. She was baby who also mysteriously turned up with broken bones and "injuries consistent with child abuse". She fell thru the cracks of a flawed system. She was eventually murdered by her step-father, who was beating her on a regular basis. Do you think the doctors at the hospital are railroading you, too? Is it all just a giant conspiracy against you?

Why were you arrested, (after being interviewed) if you are so innocent, and how did your baby sustain "injuries consistent with child abuse"?
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by onehope Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:24 pm

Admin wrote:From Guest to Admin:

From Guest To Admin, Today at 14:42

First of all, her name is Amber Mackenzie Smith! I am her father and not an abusive one at that! I am tired of everyone jumping on the band wagon without getting all or for that matter any of the facts before blasting me into the media... causing me to lose my job and make things even worse on my wife, baby girl and myself! I agree there are a lot of turd balls on the planet!!! I am not one of them so get this crap off your website or when this is said and done " I will sue your ass... And donate the money to child abuse awareness. Do we understand?" You want to make the world aware... Fine. Why don't you ask the doctors that re-checked the xray's and testimonies of events to see that I am being railroaded and now lost my job... CPS is trying to break my family apart that I love very much and they love me!!!

You certainly aren't going to bully me, mister. The cops arrested you for a reason. You might be able to "allegedly" beat up on a poor, defenseless baby, but we are all adults here, completely capable of defending ourselves. If you think for one second I'm going to remove this story, you are sadly mistaken. DO WE UNDERSTAND ONE ANOTHER? Does the name Kelsey Briggs ring any bells?

I've absolutely had it with the threat of lawsuits. We aren't breaking the law, it's called freedom of the press.
If you are innocent, I am sure it will be proven. Until then, this case does bring awareness of child abuse out in the open.As to the loss of your job, it is interesting that was listed before your family. This forum did not write the article you take offense to, only reported it. And as slow as CPS is on moving in abuse cases, they must have feared something awful to react so quickly. It is the job of a CPS worker to protect the child, and then save families not tear them apart. Need the name of an attorney to help you out with that lawsuit? bozo
onehope
onehope

Job/hobbies : eating trolls for lunch

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:26 pm

OneHope...LOL...Yes, let's help him with the name of a good lawyer!

bozo
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:17 pm

[Contact] Amber Mackenzie Smith
From Guest To Admin, Today at 17:03

Like I said it is sad to hear that in innocent child died as a result of her mom's supposed or real negligence... It really is... that child deserved so much better than both of her parents... She was found guilty over a trial...Now, here I am another lemming just starting to go through this hell with my family... There is no past or current abuse... the cops reacted quickly to a situation and arrested me... I don't blame them for that... I am mad that initially the E.R. doctor said to the cops that it must have been on purpose... then a day later another doctor says it looks accidental... then a C.P.S. doctor that is their best weapon says in no way does it look violent and would require no force to cause... Also, If I had any idea my daughter's leg or any part of her was injured by my hand I would have taken her to the hospital myself! So, piss off!!! I love my daughter and you are stupid if all you heard was me saying I lost my job! and that doctors are railroading me... Get a life and quit hiding behind a good cause... do some good and seek out the real bad people... And present them before the world when you have real evidence... So my last words to you are "You and all of your blind mice that seek out the truth need to open your eyes! Believe half of what you see and nothing you hear!"

If you are truly innocent, then I'm sorry for your troubles. However, in light of all the children who fall thru the cracks of our system and end up dead, I'm not sorry that the cops and the doctors are being vigilant in this case.

You did not answer my question. How did your baby end up with injuries so severe that it required medical attention at the hospital?

You might as well register and answer us here.
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by onehope Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:30 am

" Believe half of what you see and nothing you hear!".....

Does that advice also apply to what you are saying?
onehope
onehope

Job/hobbies : eating trolls for lunch

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:34 am

My Dear Mr Smith: As the one who posted the article about your alleged child abuse and spousal battery I feel it compulsory to comment on your series of private messages.
First, and foremost, there was no bandwagon to jump on, as you put it. We are merely recounting a story that was posted in various media outlets. The accuracy of the police reports is what you are questioning, as that is the main source for this story. If there are additional items that you want the public to know about your case then by all means bring them to the forum here. Not through a barrage of threatening messages.
Sadly I concur, professionals in all walks of life do make mistakes. If you have been wronged by the system, we wish to know that too.
Our objective here is not to throw anybody under the bus, especially if they are innocent.
Our objective is to draw attention to the misdeeds and poor choices of child caregivers that lead to injury (physical and mental) or death.
Our hope is that by doing this we can promote a more aware society that will speak up and protect those innocents.
I will continue to follow this story and welcome your input and clarifications and rebuttals along the way.
May justice prevail.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:53 am

Police arrested a 32-year-old Reno man Tuesday for the alleged beating of his two-month-old child.

Officers responded to an area hospital on November 30, and found Terrance Smith's child had a broken femur, according to a written statement by Reno Police Department Sgt. Gerald Rhodes.

After Sex Crimes-Child Abuse detectives interviewed the baby's parents, and conducted an investigation, they arrested Smith for child abuse and domestic battery. His bail is $6,700.
The child was scheduled for surgery to repair her broken leg.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:56 am

How does a TWO MONTH OLD break the upper part of her leg?
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:36 pm

"Also, If I had any idea my daughter's leg or any part of her was injured by my hand I would have taken her to the hospital myself!"

This statement of yours, Terrance, continues to trouble me. See, the thing is, you WOULD NOT have taken her to the hospital if you broke her leg, because you wouldn't want to bring attention to the fact that you were beating your baby. (Hypothetically speaking) Child abusers do their deeds in secret. And you weren't the one who took her to the hospital, according to your statement.

Furthermore, your bullying tactics towards this forum speak volumes about your character. You show several signs of a classic abusive personality; Blaming your problems on everyone else, threats, abusive and foul language, name-calling....etc.

I'm still wondering how a two-month old could break her leg so severely that she requires surgery to repair it? How does that happen?
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:11 pm

[Contact] amber mackenzie smith

From Guest To TomTerrific0420, Today at 1:57 pmhi. my name is xxxxxx. i am ambers mommy. i understand you have the right to post this story. first of all i think you should post it with an unbiased opinion and without judgement. second of all i really dont like my three month old having her own headline. i would appreciate it if you would change your headline back to infant smith. that is freedom of privacy. and finally my husband is not threatening you with anything but a lawsuit which our lawyer already said we can do. so im not saying erase the article but please stop exploiting my little princess and take her name out of the headline. i have a right as her parent to require this. you can talk to my lawyer about that if you wish. thank you.

Sender email address: xxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Dear Mommy:
Your daughter's name is part of our forum thanks to a private message from her father, your husband. I took it from this opening line from one of his messages...
First of all, her name is Amber Mackenzie Smith! I am her father and not an abusive one at that!
I gathered from that statement that he wanted to clarify her name and have it posted as such.
She is the "alleged" victim of a heinous crime.
Her name is also a matter of public records and was given to us by a legal guardian.
Do you actually think that by hiding behind an anonymous "first name" that you will be able to hide what has happened to her?
We are neither exploiting "your princess" (with the broken leg that required surgery to repair) nor are we passing judgment (correct spelling). We are merely relying on official reports that exist with the various governmental agencies you are now dealing with.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Well said, Tom! clap

Perhaps Amber's mommy can explain how her two month old came to have a broken femur, broken so severely that it required surgery.

admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:00 pm

After a little googling, turns out it is quite difficult to break an infant's femur. It doesn't "just happen". Here's an excerpt that sums it up:

"....but i can tell you one thing i KNOW for certain. under "normal' circumstances, it would take one heck of alot of force to actually break any infants bones since they are very flexable at that stage and would bend alot before it would break. an actual break in the femur is even much worse or would take even more force since it is one of the strongest bones in the human body."

Read more at http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=666524&ktrack=kcplink
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:13 pm

Sure, I'd LOVE to talk to your lawyer about it. I'd also like to talk to you, Pamela, about that TPO you filed on Dec. 2., against your husband, on behalf of you and your baby.

http://www.ccwashoe.com/public/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=FV10-04381&begin_date=&end_date=
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:13 am

Pamela,

I just cannot get you and Amber off my mind today. I am going to implore you, beg you, and plead with you to get away from this man as fast as you can. All you need to do is read the thousands of cases here to know that your baby is in extreme danger, and I'm guessing he has abused you, too. There is help out there, and if you value your baby's life as much as you say, you will, run, run, run as far away as you can. Call your local women's shelter. Call your family. Call someone and tell them what is going on. You are not alone. And he is not sorry, if in fact he is an abuser. He will do it again. They always do, no matter what he says. There is a cycle of abuse:

AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV 2010-a10

Please, Pamela, please get some help. Google the cycle of abuse. You have the power to stop this before anything worse happens. You DO have the power. You can PM me anytime, and I will help you as much as I can. I am seriously concerned for your baby's safety, as well as your safety.

~Melissa~

admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:27 am

Poster's Note: Again, the alleged father and SUSPECT has chosen to write in PM format. Here's what he had to say. My comments follow.

[Contact] My last communication with you for now...

From Guest To TomTerrific0420, Today at 12:07 am
You sir or maa'm are a very ignorant person... and "yes" may justice prevail... your attempts to contort this into stupidity is mind numbing and I encourage you to follow this as everything will work out for my daughters best. To stand off from a distance and cast stones at people through your glass house of misunderstanding, speaks volumes of you. Maybe no one here has said the right thing to apease your mind... but, that is not my or mt families loss. Your "googling the matter.. means squat. Just as my words mean to you. So, we are at an inpass and that means absolutely nothing." The three doctors at work here all have their opinion and their rights to those opinions... Myself and my wife have resolved this matter with ourselves and find peace in that answer. My daughter will grow up safely to be a head strong and intelligent beautiful lady and dominate the world with her own perspective and I am lucky that I get to be a part of that! I hope you get all the joy of your life that I will and do after this whole mess is concluded with mine... You have no clue who I am or what I do to see that my family is safe, loved and happy everyday... And just for the record... My wife has never feared me and C.P.S. forced her to get that T.P.O. for my daughter. It wasn't her idea; she was against it.. They wanted her to get one for her to and that's where she drew the line! I understand their Nazi regime tactics... Keep my daughter safe at all costs, first! But, now more has come out and it needs to be looked into as well. People need to realize this is not a game or some smoke and mirrors routine... You can talk to me or my wife when this is resolved and see the entire situation for what it was... I am being charged with crimes that are horrific to any loving father like me and please tell me how you would respond if you were in this misunderstanding? If you loved your child (flesh and blood) and swore an oath to her to love her and protect her yet something happened without your knowledge or understaing... What would YOU do? If you really care to know the whole truth then shut up and listen as it comes out!!! I despise child abusers just as much as any of you do... I just keep it inside because you never know when you may be wrong about someone... I appreciate the need for this website and people's awareness of the ugly in the world...But, so far you are just as condecending and incorrect as my caseworkers about this whole messed up thing (for lack of better words). So judge me as you wish...

Thanks for nothing;
Me

Sender email address: xxxxxxx@gmail.com

Dearest Dad:
I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, I really do. You have written some wonderful things about your daughter (the princess, as your wife calls her) and about your hopes for her future.
You could really gain a huge amount of credibility if you would just answer the simple question, "How did your daughters' FEMUR break?"
We have established, thanks to research done by our Admin, that it would take a great deal of force for this to happen. What happened Dad? Somebody must know...
You say this happened without your knowledge or understanding. Ok, then why were you arrested for child abuse and domestic battery?
Were you not present when this occurred? Perhaps you have a twin, you know, look up doppelganger. Let's say for a minute that some other personality of yours took over, Certainly you have heard of those very rare cases of multiple personality disorder. Maybe that's what happened.
Bottom line: You keep espousing what a great father you are, Dad, but you are not answering the questions.
Good luck in court.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:04 pm

Unless your baby has brittle bone disease, or a rare bone disorder, somebody broke her leg, and it took tremendous force to do so. It can't happen from a fall, or getting her leg stuck in the slats of her crib, or anything of the sort.

I stand by my assertion, for now, that your wife and your baby are in danger. You are right in the middle of the "reconciliation" phase of the cycle of abuse. Then comes the "honeymoon" period, where everything is peaches and roses. Then, the tension builds and it will happen again. I didn't make this stuff up, it has been well studied and documented. I'm not basing my opinion solely on the facts of the case, it was your long missives, Terrance, that raised red flags all over the place, in addition to the facts. Tom is right, for now you "allegedly" broke your baby's leg, and "allegedly" beat your wife. It is NOT UNCOMMON for abuse victims to drop charges against their abuser. The fact that your wife is now having "regret" tells me that she is very likely caught in the cycle of abuse.

If I am wrong about you, Terrance, then I will apologize. But if it saves one child, or one woman from being abused just by reading this, then I am not sorry at all. Here are some links for your wife:

http://www.heart-2-heart.ca/women/page5.htm

http://helpguide.org/mental/domestic_violence_abuse_types_signs_causes_effects.htm

http://www.squidoo.com/cycleofabuse

Hopefully, those links will be of value to someone.

Terrance, you still haven't answered the question. How did your baby's leg break? It's a simple question, one I would think you would be able to answer, if you were truly innocent.
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:24 pm

[Contact] Amber Mackenzie Smith

From Guest To TomTerrific0420, Today at 4:13 pm

I just thought that since everyone is speculating on how this happened i would take the time to tell the whole story, what the doctors are saying and such. To the person who said that this couldn't have happened from a fall or getting her leg caught in the crib. don't speak unless you've gone to medical school. The doctor said it could have happened either one of those ways. And now it is documented in the doctors report that this didn't have to be done with force at all. but that the 11 pounds the baby wieghs is enough to cause that pressure. mind you she doesn't have a single bruise on her. it takes at least 8 pounds of pressure to break that bone. If my husband had grabbed her leg like you are all accusing him of and broke it on purpose there would be substantial bruising. when we brought her home from the hospital she had bruises around her band aids. she has the same issue with bruising as i do and her daddy does. The doctors report also stated that there is no evidence of him breaking her leg in anger. All it would have taken is rolling her over and not being careful. Call it neglegence. not abuse. He didn't know that it happened. I know you all think i'm just an abused wife but i'm not. I love my husband very much and I know he loves me and my daughter. He won't even fight with me. he always walks away from an arguement before it even has the chance to get heated. So why did they arrest him if he was innocent you ask? Because he was presented with a choice. They told him. you're going to jail or your wife is. So he stood up put his hands out and said "take me." does that sound like a man that abuses his family? i don't think so. So please either get all your facts or be a doctor before you decide how this could or couldn't have been done. It was a really bad mistake because he didnt know that he could hurt her the way he moved her. END OF STORY
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Mrs. Smith: Thanks for writing and answering some of the questions posed.
I appreciate your clarifying the method under which this incident occurred.
You refer to it as "negligence" (correct spelling) and not "abuse".
If your daughter just was rolled over, with her leg caught, why would that be "negligence"? Negligence implies that someone was negligent in their care of the baby. If it happened as you say, it would merely be an "accident".
I am just curious of your choice of words, that's all.
Secondarily, have the charges against your husband been dropped? That would seem to be in order if all is as you say. That being the case, they must have returned the bail money to you folks. That's sure to come in handy; what with Christmas only being a week away.
Lastly, you also seem quite proud of his choice to dive "under the bus" so that you didn't have to be incarcerated. I am wondering though, what brought the police to the decision that "one of you must go"? That's usually because of physical harm. So who got harmed?
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV Empty I wanted to Post a link to Kelsey Brigg's Story.....Please read...

Post by Bear aka GA Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:45 pm

http://kelsey-briggs.memory-of.com/About.aspx

This is why we are here. If you are truly innocent of this alleged abuse, then yes we do apologize. But this is why we fight so hard for the innocent children who fall through the cracks. AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV 744935

AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV MediumPic633087024686562500
Bear aka GA
Bear aka GA

Job/hobbies : Staying Single

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:51 pm

TomTerrific0420 wrote:[Contact] Amber Mackenzie Smith

From Guest To TomTerrific0420, Today at 4:13 pm

I just thought that since everyone is speculating on how this happened i would take the time to tell the whole story, what the doctors are saying and such. To the person who said that this couldn't have happened from a fall or getting her leg caught in the crib. don't speak unless you've gone to medical school. The doctor said it could have happened either one of those ways. And now it is documented in the doctors report that this didn't have to be done with force at all. but that the 11 pounds the baby wieghs is enough to cause that pressure. mind you she doesn't have a single bruise on her. it takes at least 8 pounds of pressure to break that bone. If my husband had grabbed her leg like you are all accusing him of and broke it on purpose there would be substantial bruising. when we brought her home from the hospital she had bruises around her band aids. she has the same issue with bruising as i do and her daddy does. The doctors report also stated that there is no evidence of him breaking her leg in anger. All it would have taken is rolling her over and not being careful. Call it neglegence. not abuse. He didn't know that it happened. I know you all think i'm just an abused wife but i'm not. I love my husband very much and I know he loves me and my daughter. He won't even fight with me. he always walks away from an arguement before it even has the chance to get heated. So why did they arrest him if he was innocent you ask? Because he was presented with a choice. They told him. you're going to jail or your wife is. So he stood up put his hands out and said "take me." does that sound like a man that abuses his family? i don't think so. So please either get all your facts or be a doctor before you decide how this could or couldn't have been done. It was a really bad mistake because he didnt know that he could hurt her the way he moved her. END OF STORY
I find this a bit odd. Instead of telling us how it happened - as in your husbands version of events, or yours, you are telling us about what doctors said supposedly could have happened. One thing's for sure, the instant her little leg broke she would have screamed and screamed and any innocent parent would have been so frightened by her obvious pain that they would have immediately rushed to the ER. From the articles I've read about this case your husband had been with Amber when "it" happened, but it wasn't until you came in/back that you took her to the hospital. Can either of you explain clearly exactly what the timetable of events were?
Don't bother quoting scenario's that doctors or defense lawyers have thrown up to you - just the facts about exactly what happened. I assume that you and your husband reached out to us because you say we, the media and CPS and LE have got it wrong so let's hear what you've got to say and I for one will listen with an open mind.

And Terrance, child abuse where a parent lashes out in a fit of rage doesn't necessarily mean they don't love their child, so you needn't keep protesting how much you love Amber. Most parents have had moments when they could 'lose' it. Men are less equipped to care for a young baby and have more testosterone so are more likely to act out their frustration violently. So whether you did hurt Amber or not, I believe you when you say you love her.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:38 am

Bear aka GA wrote:http://kelsey-briggs.memory-of.com/About.aspx

This is why we are here. If you are truly innocent of this alleged abuse, then yes we do apologize. But this is why we fight so hard for the innocent children who fall through the cracks. AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV 744935

AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV MediumPic633087024686562500

AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV 744935 AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV 719242 It's all about saving the children, and only, the children. AMBER MACKENZIE SMITH - 3 Months - Reno NV 616541
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:28 am

Poster's Note: Yet another missive from Mrs Smith, who, by the way, thinks that my spelling corrections are "gay". Interesting...

Ok. If all of you are willing to listen with an open mind then i will give you the timeline of the events of that day.
Our normal routine is we put Amber in bed together and Terrance gets up with her in the morning so i can sleep in. (I am not a morning person.) He normally wakes me up about 20 minutes before he leaves for work to take over. That morning was no different. He came upstairs at about 9:20 in the morning. I got up and went downstairs to check on Amber. She was tucked snuggly in her carseat (we use her carseat on the couch because we have a big dog. it is safer than her bouncy chair.) with a bottle propped up in her mouth. She was fussing a little bit but trying to fall asleep. I continued doing my normal morning things. Let the dog out, feed the dog and cat and sent my husband off to work. When i came back inside (from just going out front. don't freak out and think i left my daughter home alone) Amber was still whining. (PLEASE STOP CORRECTING MY SPELLING... ITS GAY) I watched her for a few minutes to see if she would fall asleep all the way. My husband told me before he left that he had done all the normal things for her... changed her.. fed her... burped and cuddled with her. So i figured she just needed to cry for a minute. while i was watching her i noticed that she would start to fall asleep then jump (muscle spasm) and start crying again. So i picked her up out of her car seat and held her close to me to try to calm her down. I then noticed that she had spit up in her car seat and on herself. So i set her down on her back to change her shirt. That is when i noticed that she wasn't moving her leg. That is super not normal for her, she is a little wiggle butt. So i went to check her legs like ive seen the doctor do at her check ups. That is when i felt her leg pop in my hand. Mind you even then she wasnt screaming super loud or super hard. She was just crying like she does when she is pissed. like in the bath or during a diaper change for example. I texted my friends and they took us to the hospital. (we only have one car and my hubby had it at work) once we got to the hospital the doctors did the xrays and concluded that Amber had a spiral fracture. At that moment he walked in and said "her leg is broken in a spiral fracture it had to be done like this." and made a twisting motion with his hands. Automatically i Freaked. Before i knew it i was talking to Reno's finest and detectives and CPS. The whole time them telling me that i couldn't call or text my husband even though he was calling and texting me like crazy trying to figure out what was going on with his baby girl. (I called him before we went and he offered to come and take us and i told him no, work i'd let him know if i needed him) When he finally showed up the detectives took him to interview him and before i knew it he called me and said i'm going to jail. You guys have asked what made them decide to arrest somebody. The reason for that is that Amber is only 3 months old. She is not mobile so an injury like this had to be "inflicted" on her. Whether or not it was an accident or not it was done by somebody's hand. And Terrance was the last caregiver with her.
To address all the other questions. Amber was the one that was injured, the charges have not been dropped yet as we haven't been to court yet, and we don't have bail back yet. CPS is making this so difficult that we are most likely not even getting a christmas this year. As far as someone saying he got charged with spousal abuse. That was not ever even said in the police report. He was charged with domestic battery because it was a father daughter relationship and therefore goes hand in hand with the child abuse charge. HE HAS NEVER TOUCHED ME AND I WILL POST A POLLIGRAPH TEST RESULT SHEET IF NEED BE.
So.... how did this happen? The more we talked about it and thought through each others morning, and from the type of injury that this is (TORQUE) which is a rotation injury was caused when he rolled her over to make sure she didn't fall off the couch while he answered the door. Had he been 100% focused on her he may have noticed a difference in cry. But the tv was on, she was already crying, someone was at the door, the dog was out. HE WAS DISTRACTED. He rolled her over to protect her and rotated her leg wrong. Like i said before. when i was messing with her leg (which was already broken apparently) she didn't even scream like that one person said. She just cried. CPs, the cops and the doctors are just going through a better safe then sorry protocol. Which we should be thankfull for.
My family will get through this and we will be stronger because of it. And of course we will be more carefull with amber in the future.
I hope i answered all your questions.
thanks.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:57 am

Thanks for replying Mrs Smith. You don't happen to use an Exersaucer that Amber was in that morning do you? There is some talk about a couple of babies who may have been injured the same way while in one. Also, can you describe what Amber's foot/leg may have been stuck in on the couch? It would have had to be something unforgiving to create the force I imagine. Also, who was at the door at that hour of the morning? Reason I'm asking is seeing as you mentioned it I want to rule out a neighbour or someone who had come over because they heard Amber screaming....you understand. TIA Oh, and speaking of polygraphs....why don't you both have one? That would be a great idea.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next