Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAILEY DUNN - 13 yo (2010) - Colorado City (W of Abilene) TX

+17
Annabeth
OKGran
flutter1
kay58
angelm07
inmyfloridaopinion
Bear aka GA
cindmo
admin
mom_in_il
oviedo45
ladibug
twinkletoes
TomTerrific0420
kiwimom
alwaysbelieve
mermaid55
21 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

HAILEY DUNN - 13 yo (2010) - Colorado City (W of Abilene) TX - Page 9 Empty Re: HAILEY DUNN - 13 yo (2010) - Colorado City (W of Abilene) TX

Post by flutter1 Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:45 pm

twinkletoe wrote:

Monday, January 24, 2011

Where Did Hailey Dunn Die?
HAILEY DUNN - 13 yo (2010) - Colorado City (W of Abilene) TX - Page 9 Bj

Here is the transcripts to Billie Dunn's rebuttal of the police affidavit. In this, we may have learned where Hailey died and more details regarding the case. We have previously seen a linguistic indicator that may point to Hailey having stopped breathing, but here we learn where her death may have occured.

Thanks to our Facebook friend, Heather, for her work in transcribing the interview. She did a terrific job in body language analysis as well.

Subject: Transcript: Billie Jean Dunn Responds to Affidavits

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2011/01/billie-dunn-responds-to-affidavit.html

Interesting, yet tedious linguistic analysis. Some of it I might buy but as an English teacher there are many things that I see there that are a part of the vernacular of someone of BJD's educational/mental level. I see kids everyday switch from "the" house to "my" house without it being anything more significant than their lack of cohesive thought. And if anyone is having trouble with cohesion of thoughts, it is BJD. Does this mean that I think she is pristinely pure regarding Hailey's disappearance? Not at all, I think she has culpability even if it is only taking him back after she abused and threatened her and her family.

BTW, I would really like to know the actual question that began the discussion of the movies? Was it couched in the manner of BJD and SA, or just BJD? If it were asked if they both watched the movies, it would be normal for her to answer with "we" and not "I" or "me."

JMHO, for what it is worth. wink
flutter1
flutter1
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

HAILEY DUNN - 13 yo (2010) - Colorado City (W of Abilene) TX - Page 9 Empty Re: HAILEY DUNN - 13 yo (2010) - Colorado City (W of Abilene) TX

Post by mermaid55 Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Special Report: Find Hailey Dunn, 4 Weeks Later

On Monday, January 24, KTAB News presented a special edition of KTAB News at Five that marked the four week anniversary since 13-year-old Hailey Dunn vanished from the town of Colorado City.
Hailey's disappearance has made an impact on the lives of almost everyone across the Big Country. Whether it's going to Colorado City to help search, tuning into the news to get updates, or logging on to the internet to check out the latest developments, Hailey's case has captured our hearts and attention.
The bulk of the broadcast focused on what we know to be the fact of the case. You can click on the videos below to view the special report in its entirety.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334666
mermaid55
mermaid55
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:14 pm

flutter1 wrote:
twinkletoe wrote:

Monday, January 24, 2011

Where Did Hailey Dunn Die?
HAILEY DUNN - 13 yo (2010) - Colorado City (W of Abilene) TX - Page 9 Bj

Here is the transcripts to Billie Dunn's rebuttal of the police affidavit. In this, we may have learned where Hailey died and more details regarding the case. We have previously seen a linguistic indicator that may point to Hailey having stopped breathing, but here we learn where her death may have occured.

Thanks to our Facebook friend, Heather, for her work in transcribing the interview. She did a terrific job in body language analysis as well.

Subject: Transcript: Billie Jean Dunn Responds to Affidavits

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2011/01/billie-dunn-responds-to-affidavit.html

Interesting, yet tedious linguistic analysis. Some of it I might buy but as an English teacher there are many things that I see there that are a part of the vernacular of someone of BJD's educational/mental level. I see kids everyday switch from "the" house to "my" house without it being anything more significant than their lack of cohesive thought. And if anyone is having trouble with cohesion of thoughts, it is BJD. Does this mean that I think she is pristinely pure regarding Hailey's disappearance? Not at all, I think she has culpability even if it is only taking him back after she abused and threatened her and her family.

BTW, I would really like to know the actual question that began the discussion of the movies? Was it couched in the manner of BJD and SA, or just BJD? If it were asked if they both watched the movies, it would be normal for her to answer with "we" and not "I" or "me."

JMHO, for what it is worth. HAILEY DUNN - 13 yo (2010) - Colorado City (W of Abilene) TX - Page 9 513425
Interesting points. I often disagree with him for reasons such as the ones you stated. However, it is interesting to read his take on people.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:52 am

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26614247/detail.html
snipped
Authorities Investigating If Dunn's Case And A Missing Lubbock Teen Are Linked
By Jacqueline Hince, KTXS News
POSTED: 5:15 pm CST January 25, 2011

UPDATED: 5:42 pm CST January 25, 2011
COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Authorities in Colorado City are investigating if the case of missing teen Hailey Dunn, and a Lubbock 15-year old, who went missing and was found dead Monday, are connected.

At this time they do not believe the cases have anything to do with one another.

13-year old Hailey Dunn has been missing since December 27th.

15-year old Elizabeth Ennen went missing January 4th.

Tuesday Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer told KTXS a lead they've been pursuing in Tennessee was not a valid lead.

Law enforcement were back in Scurry and Mitchell county searching again Tuesday.

They say they're not backing off until they find Hailey.
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:47 pm

Hailey's Mom Reacts to Newly Released Surveillance Video

New surveillance video released by Colorado ISD shows 13-year old Hailey Dunn about a week before she disappeared.

"It was very hard to look at," said Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother, "just seeing the way she walks, and recognizing it."

Billie spent Monday combing through surveillance video with Colorado ISD officials. The video was shot just before students at Colorado Middle School were released for winter break.

"I didn't think that it was possible," she recollects, "but I am definitely missing her more now."

read more>
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=335056
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:23 pm

New leads checked in missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn's case

Underwater search has not been ruled out

snipped...

Officials also are following new leads as they arise, but the nature of those leads has changed, Kampfer said.
"Right now, the types of leads may be more in the regional context, farther in different places away from Colorado City, and maybe also seeing persons of interest in other places. All these things have to fit together and put together for evidentiary purposes."
The new leads are being followed by various law enforcement agencies, said Patrick Toombs, sheriff of Mitchell County.
"It's kind of distributed on where it is and how quick it needs to be done," Toombs said.
Although open fields, creek and river beds, and abandoned buildings continue to be primary search areas, officials have not ruled out the possibility of an underwater search.
Toombs said a shoreline search of Lake Colorado City was conducted two weeks ago by officials from the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, including game wardens.
Searches of oil fields have been a slow process because the companies that own them must be contacted for approval, Toombs said. Shawn Adkins, who has been named a suspect in the case, previously worked for WSI, a Snyder oil field service company.
"You try to eliminate as much as you can without having to get into the detail aspect of getting in a lake and, of course, opening up wells and getting inside of wells or casements and things of that kind of nature," Kampfer said.
Meanwhile, search volunteers plan to meet at 9 a.m. today and Saturday at the Colorado City Civic Center to continue their search for Hailey.
"Mostly all the people that we've been getting is the people from out of town," said volunteer Jesse Limones, a Colorado City resident.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/25/new-leads-checkedin-missing-teen-case/?partner=yahoo_feeds
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:47 pm

Today it is one month since missing teen Hailey Dunn was last seen.
We spoke to Hailey's mom about how she plans to keep the attention on her daughter.
Billie Jean Dunn says she'll do anything to make sure the public doesn't
forget her daughter is missing. There's some talk about getting bikers
involved in a ride for Hailey and Wednesday Billie Dunn got some help
from another mother."It's been a real nightmare," Billie Dunn told KTXS,
"A living nightmare."Hailey's mom was offered a little financial help from a
foundation started by a mother who was once in her same situation."Somer
was abducted in Florida about a year and a half ago," said City Manager
of Colorado City Pete Kampfer. He says they're hoping for a different
outcome than the tragic kidnapping and murder of Somer Thompson. "They
found her body in a local landfill," said Kampfer.Hailey has now
been missing for 30 days and her mom is growing frustrated, "I do want
answers and I want my daughter," Billie Dunn told KTXS.We asked
Kampfer about the growing concerns people have about the amount of time
passed and still no answers to where Hailey is. "We've done everything
we can with all the tools that we have," Kampfer said.The Texas
Rangers and the F.B.I. have been involved from the onset and are still
exhausting all possible leads. "We haven't given up and we're not going
to give up," Kampfer said.We asked Billie what was the lowest
point for her over this past month. Her response: when the investigation
turned to her former boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, the only suspect named in
the case of her missing daughter.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26631180/detail.html
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:12 pm

We asked Billie what was the lowest
point for her over this past month. Her response: when the investigation
turned to her former boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, the only suspect named in
the case of her missing daughter

Huh? HAILEY DUNN - 13 yo (2010) - Colorado City (W of Abilene) TX - Page 9 413787 Her lowest point wasn't when she learned her daughter was missing. HAILEY DUNN - 13 yo (2010) - Colorado City (W of Abilene) TX - Page 9 512632
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:32 pm

Hailey's mom clings to hope

Four weeks ago few people outside of classmates and close friends had any idea who Hailey Dunn was.
Today, her face is known coast to coast and an entire community has pulled together to make her their own.
Hailey is a typical 13 year old according to her mother, “with hormones raging and little attitudes now and then, but no different from other friends’ 13-year-olds.”
“She’s really a good kid. She has a big heart,” Billie Dunn said.
Her room reflects her growing from little girl into young lady: trophies from softball, decorative pillows on her bed, a drawer of snacks – Hostess cupcakes and hot Cheetos, and pin up pictures of her favorite martial artist B. J. Penn.
Ever the sports enthusiast, the red beaded curtains reflect the Wolves’ colors.
“Cheerleading wasn’t her favorite thing,” Dunn said. “She loved softball, volleyball, and basketball. She was first chair saxophone in band.”
Hailey, who vanished without a trace on December 26 or 27, has captured national headlines, creating a media frenzy in Colorado City, her picture displayed on billboards along Interstate 20 and portrayed as the “perfect cheerleader” on Nancy Grace.
“That’s not who she was. She’d rather kick a boy before kissing him,” Dunn said. “She’s very tomboyish.”
Dunn recalls her daughter breaking lots of windows in the backyard while playing ball. “Any kind of ball, she broke a window with it,” she said.
“She was always bored at home and watched a lot of TV. She wrestled with her brother, David. They practiced different (martial art) moves on each other,” Dunn said.
School mates and teachers rallied behind the search for the missing teen, selling T-shirts, printing buttons, distributing flyers, tying orange ribbons around town and holding a vigil at the middle school.
Investigators at first focused on the possibility Hailey might have runaway, but more recently are treating her disappearance as a criminal investigation.
Her mother said the media focus made her a little crazy.
“I got so depressed,” she said. “The focus was Shawn killed her and we needed to find a body. There’s no evidence my daughter is gone. I decided as long as I believe she’s alive, she is. I’m going to believe she’s alive.”
Representatives from Klaas Kids Foundation and Laura Recovery Center helped Dunn find a way out of the depression.
“I am so appreciative to Marc (Klaas) for getting me out of the house,” she said. “ I didn’t want to go anywhere. He made me go down to the civic center and meet some of the searchers.
Although law enforcement tells Dunn they are looking into all leads, she feels they’re “too focused on Shawn. There are places you can make Shawn fit and lots you can’t. I know he loves Hailey and David. Not like I do, but he does.”
Dunn would like to see investigators focus more on the witnesses who claim to have seen Hailey on Monday, Dec. 27 “It makes a big difference how everyone thinks if Hailey was seen later,” she said.
She admits the idea Adkins might be guilty “got pounded into my head. It made me cry.”

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/haileys-mom-clings-hope
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Attention On Hailey Dunn Case Slowing, One Month Later

Thursday marks one full month since 13-year-old Hailey Dunn vanished from the small town of Colorado City. Over the last 30 days, Hailey has captured the attention of the area and nation. However, the buzz surrounding the case is starting to slow.
Last week, authorities began talking about regional and national law enforcement agencies leaving the area and the investigation being handled primarily by the Colorado City Police Department and Mitchell County Sheriff's Office.
"There will be times people will have to be devoted to other things," said Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs. "Just like anything else, crime does not stop. So, we have to move people around to other areas. But, there's always going to be someone who is working on this case."
The town, which was once flooded with media and search volunteers, now looks much more like it did on December 26, the day before Hailey's disappearance.
Though volunteers continue their efforts to find Hailey, there aren't nearly as many as their once were.
At one point, reporters from Lubbock, Midland, San Angelo, Abilene, and CNN, were covering the story on a daily basis. Now, only crews from Abilene are making the trip.
Comments once constantly flooded the "Find Hailey Dunn" Facebook page. While people are still leaving notes and messages, there aren't nearly as many as there were two or three weeks ago.
For the first time in more than three weeks, the most popular story on bigcountryhomepage.com Wednesday was not about the Dunn case. Instead, readers were more interested in the alleged teacher-student relationship at Abilene's Cooper High school.

read more>
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=335546
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:17 pm

More than a month into the disappearance of 13-year-old Colorado City
teen Hailey Dunn, and her mother is now saying there's a person who
could give police more information about her daughter's whereabouts.
Billie Dunn told KTXS off camera she believes there is a person who has information
about her missing daughter.She also said police know who this individual is,
but she would not release anymore information at this time.
Meanwhile, the search for Hailey was scaled back this week to only Wednesdays and Saturdays.
This, after two national search organizations, Klaaskids and The Laura
Recovery Center, trained volunteers in Colorado City last week to keep
detailed accounts of areas they search, along with any findings.Saturday,
local volunteers tracked through an area off Highway 208 and County Road 1808
.Here are the facts about the search.Since January 19th, 145 volunteers from
all around the Big Country have joined the organized search for Hailey.
The search coordinator said during that time all of Mitchell County
well as half of Scurry County has been looked over.KTXS
is waiting for confirmation from law enforcement about Hailey's mom's
details that there's a person with possible information leading to the
whereabouts of her daughter.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26664667/detail.html
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by flutter1 Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:05 pm

Tom,

I was part of that search yesterday. I blogged about the case and the ongoing search on my site.

OMG, if you look real close at the end of the footage, I am the one in gray moving into the very left corner of the screen. I never saw anyone from the media filming.
flutter1
flutter1
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:47 pm

Missing teen's mom wants to talk to media today

COLORADO CITY — Billie Jean Dunn, the mother of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn, has scheduled her own news conference for 1 p.m. today.
Dunn said Sunday night that she hopes to clarify details regarding the day — Dec. 27 — her daughter is believed to have gone missing. Also, she wants to talk about someone she called a person of interest.
Law enforcement previously said there are persons of interest in the case and named the mother's former live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, as a suspect.
No arrests have been made.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/30/missing-teens-mom-wants-to-talk-to-media-today/
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:05 pm

UPDATE: Police Collect Socks, Hair Found During Dunn Search

Socks and hair were discovered during a search in Big Spring Friday morning.

Pete Kampfer, who has been acting as spokesman for the investigation, confirmed this afternoon that the items were found and collected by the Big Spring Police Department.

Hailey's Angels, a volunteer search group,.has vowed to search every day until 13-year-old Hailey Dunn is found. She vanished from her home in Colorado City on the afternoon of Monday, December 27, 2010.
Members of the group sent KTAB's Tiffany Tatro images of Big Spring officers collecting the socks from the scene.

Searchers told Tatro there's nothing to connect the socks that were discovered to Hailey Dunn. However, members of the Big Spring Crime Scene Investigation unit did come in and collect the items just in case.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=336196
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:43 pm

Hailey's Mom Releases Own Timeline on Daughter's Disappearance

At a news conference Monday afternoon, the mother of missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn presented her own timeline regarding her daughter's disappearance.
Billie Dunn handed out a timeline to reporters saying she had information that investigators had not previously revealed. Dunn claims someone saw her daughter the evening of her reported disappearance on Monday, December 27.
At last word, authorities stated Shawn Adkins, Billie Dunn's boyfriend, was the last person to see Hailey. That alleged sighting occured in the afternoon.
Dunn went on to say she was "very disapponted" with law enforcement for not naming other persons of interest in the case. Law enforcement has said they're looking at several persons of interest but have not named them. The only person they've indentified as a suspect is Adkins.
After saying that they hadn't spoke for some time, Billie Dunn now says she's in regular contact with Adkins. She described their current relationship as "friendly."
Dunn also took issue with a few of the points released in police affidavits. She said the notion that she hosted a New Year's Eve party following Hailey's disappearance is ridiculous. Dunn also said she stopped at an ATM in Scurry County on the evening of December 27 because she was short on cash -- not to buy illegal narcotics.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=336886
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:17 pm

UPDATE: Someone Saw Hailey the Night She Disappeared, Mom Says

A woman said she spotted Hailey Dunn the night she disappeared, walking with a friend and a teenage boy, Dunn's mother said today in a news conference.

Billie Dunn handed out a timeline (attached below) to reporters, saying she had information that investigators had not previously revealed. According to that timeline, Hailey was seen at 8:30 p.m. on Dec. 27 with the friend whose house she said she was going to spend the night at. The witness didn't recognize the teenage boy who was with them.

At last word, authorities stated Shawn Adkins, Billie Dunn's boyfriend, was the last person to see Hailey at 3:15 p.m. She told him she was going to stop by her dad's house, then to spend the night with her friend. According to earlier reports, she never showed up at either location. She was reported missing on Dec. 28.

Billie Dunn was considered a "person of interest" in the investigation, but has been ruled out, said Pete Kampfer, spokesperson for the investigation

read more>
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=336886
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:56 pm

I think the mom is full of BS clear up to her eyeballs. She seems more interested in her boyfriend and more upset because he's a suspect than she is in the fact that her daughter is missing. LOSER!!
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:19 am

01/31/2011 - Hailey Dunn Case - RAW Billie Dunn Press Conference - Produced by Kyle Guthrie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWWUhh0ZZaM&feature=player_embedded
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:50 am

alwaysbelieve wrote:I think the mom is full of BS clear up to her eyeballs. She seems more interested in her boyfriend and more upset because he's a suspect than she is in the fact that her daughter is missing. LOSER!!
---I definitely agree AB. There's alot more to this case than we have been told by the key players, Billie included.
Seriously, gal's got a truth problem, just like Terri Horman.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:50 am

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=338476

Friends and family of Hailey Dunn are planning a balloon release at 9 a.m. today in honor of the missing girl.

People will be bringing orange and blue balloons to the bridge in the Scurry County town of Dunn. Those who cannot make the trip have said they will be releasing balloons from wherever they are at the same time.

A group of searchers, including Hailey Dunn's father, went out in the freezing weather on Thursday to look for her. They searched abandoned homes and barns and various areas of remote Mitchell County.

Hailey was last seen on Monday, Dec. 27 at her home in Colorado City, according to the only named suspect, Shawn Adkins. Hailey's mother, Billie, said she was told someone later saw her walking with two friends that night.
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:51 am

http://interceder.net/news/hailey-dunn
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:33 am

Search for Hailey Dunn changes a city

Laughter and yells from the playground of a local elementary school carried two blocks to Billie Jean Dunn's front porch Monday, where she faced a bouquet of microphones.
When the recess bell rang, the voices disappeared and the pleas for her own little girl began.
"I'm so envious when I see mothers with their daughters in stores, or during the searches," Dunn said from her living room Wednesday afternoon. "I've learned how lucky I am to be a mother."
In Hailey Dunn's bedroom, her bed remains unmade, her cheerleading uniform thrown casually on her bureau and photos of her brother David on her wall. Dunn said she knows she should tidy up but can't bring herself to face the chore.
When addressing media, which Dunn says takes up much of her time, she speaks directly to Hailey or someone who might be holding her.
In the first week of January, local and national law enforcement conducted door-to-door searches of the city. Officers and volunteers have boarded helicopters, horses and four-wheelers.
Agencies, totaling more than 50 officers, that were headquartered in the CC Thompson Room for briefings and instructions have since cleared out.
More than a month after the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, investigators still have no hard evidence pointing in any one direction. Compared with the bustle several weeks ago, most of the city is on standby.
Formal volunteer search parties were put on hold Wednesday because of iced-over roads, but Dunn said some volunteers assured her they wouldn't let the weather slow them. Dunn said she rarely leaves the house.
"In the back of my mind, I think she could be at the house," she said. "I know it's good for me to leave the house, but I just don't."
Dunn, who has lived in Colorado City since she was pregnant with Hailey, said she had heard about the gossiping and small-town politics associated with the city. What she didn't expect was the community, and strangers from across the state, to congregate for her family.
"I know the whole town feels like she's their child," Dunn said. "A lot of people have told me that."
In the weeks before Hailey's disappearance, people in town worried about water issues, illegal dumping and getting enough support for the local mission to create holiday food baskets.
"In all towns, small and large, there are differences of opinion about government and things like that," said Mike Alexander, local farmer and search volunteer. "People dropped those things and pulled together, worked together, to find Hailey. And I think that's still going on."
For the past several weeks, search volunteers met at Dairy Queen to fuel up on coffee, burritos and biscuits before combing over more ground. Near the intersection of Texas Highway 208 and Interstate 20, the fast-food place reminds motorists of Hailey by posting messages about her on its reader board and keeping a flier near the menu.
Norna Huerron, a restaurant employee, said customers have come to her counter to ask for news and offer condolences since the message went up.
"They're praying for her and that she will come back to her mother," she said. "We're just trying to help out as much as we can."
Snyder resident Freda Radcliff was one of the organizers of Hailey's Angels, a group that searches on foot and who helped memorialize and rename a small bridge in the town of Dunn. Radcliff said she drives to the bridge every morning and says a prayer for Hailey with whoever comes to search. On Monday, only two others showed up.
"I think it's pitiful people are giving up searching for Hailey," she said. "So many people took time off (in the beginning), and now it's like everyone's giving up."
She said the spot on the bridge was chosen because of its proximity to where Shawn Adkins, Billie Dunn's former boyfriend and a person of interest in the case, is staying.
Like other searchers, Radcliff is frustrated nothing has surfaced lately.
Waning efforts

read more>

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/feb/05/hailey-dunn-search-for-girl-changes-a-city/
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:19 am

Saturday, February 05, 2011

EXCLUSIVE: Billie Jean Dunn Revealed

by Peter Hyatt

The small, petite young mother who called her own press conference to 'set the record straight' and who has received money from the Somer Thompson organization may not be who they think she is.

Perhaps if they knew the danger Billie Jean Dunn had exposed Hailey to they would have thought twice about their support.

Perhaps if Marc Klass knew more about Billie Jean and Shawn Adkins, he might have felt differently about offering his counsel, where she, for the first time in month, directly addressed Hailey for the cameras. Perhaps he would have gone to Clint Dunn, Hailey's father, to offer support. After all, it is Clint who has searched for Hailey, not Billie Dunn. Marc is respected in his work and may not have had time to gather information. He seeks to help when kids go missing.

Who is Billie Dunn?

Is she the worried mother of a teen aged runaway as she has portrayed?

Is she the misunderstood mommy on The Nancy Grace Show when Nancy Grace asked her about a New Year's Eve party she held with Shawn, a mere days after Hailey 'went missing'?

Clint Dunn is her estranged husband, separated for about 2 years now, and the father of Hailey. He is now telling his side of the story.

Clint's mother expressed her darkest fear on The Nancy Grace Show, when she said she feared that Shawn had raped and murdered her granddaughter, Hailey. She feared the worst because Hailey had told her she feared Shawn, and how he crept around outside her bedroom door.

But Hailey was tight-lipped with her father, Clint.

If Hailey was so afraid of Shawn, why didn't she tell her own father?

I posed this question to Clint directly, along with many other questions.

Clint had read Statement Analysis and knew that Billie Jean had spoken of his daughter in the past tense. He knew what it meant when Susan Smith spoke in the past tense of her sons, as well as Casey Anthony speaking in past tense regarding Caylee.

"Did you kill Hailey?", I asked him.

"No", said Clint.

Then there was silence.

He answered without another word.

Did he know where she was? He didn't.

Did he believe she was dead?

Clint caught his own references to Hailey in the past tense.

"I'm confused", he said. He is torn, as each day he has searched and searched, yet, he cannot stop his mind from going back to those first days.

He could not understand:

Why didn't Billie search?

Why didn't Shawn search?

Why didn't David search? Why did David, whom he calls his son, sit and play video games, days after Hailey went missing, like nothing was wrong, instead of searching for his sister?

When New Year's Eve came, he saw that Billie had a party, with two cases of beer.

How could she party while his little girl was missing?

Clint didn't have an answer.

He said that the Billie he knew, for many years, could not have harmed his daughter, yet...

he wondered if she was "brainwashed" by Shawn?

What kind of man is Shawn?

This will help us understand what kind of man Shawn Adkins is. Shawn Adkins is a man who puts himself first.

Billie fretted about money always. Clint himself, years ago, had blown some rent money on drugs and it hurt Billie deeply. He knows how she frets over money.

Billie is also quite clever and knows how to manipulate or game the system. She even tricked Clint (and the local school district) into signing some papers that he thought gave him David in adoption, as his son, allowing David to use the name, "Dunn" legally. Clint is proud of David. Billie's papers didn't mean that Clint adopted David. Billie tricked him, and she tricked the school district. Billie is clever, he explained.

While with Shawn, Clint learned that she had a clever way as to how to pay the rent.

Billie thought she'd pay rent and some other bills in a way that had become familiar to her:

She bought cocaine.

She was pretty sure she had been ripped off by the dealer, but had gone home with it, "quartered it" for sales, and was set to make money.

She left it home and went out, but when she returned, she found that Shawn had taken all four quarters and snorted it up his nose; every last bit of it.

Shawn put Shawn's desire to get high over her desire to make money.

This may be an indication as to why Shawn rolled over and gave the police plenty of information for the affidavit. The instability that goes along with addiction is evident.

Billie fumed and broke up with him. It is one thing to threaten Hailey, but quite another to blow her drugs that were meant for sale.

Statement Analysis recently concluded that Billie Dunn and Shawn were still a couple and that they were in regular contact.

How was the analysis? Clint reports that Shawn went to her house to see her a few days ago.

Billie's finance skills only rival her skills as a mother.

Clint said that Billie once took a chemical and burned her own son's back with initials "UFC".

For those of us who don't recognize the letters, (I thought it was USC, as in University of Southern California; perhaps a football reference), it stands for Ultimate Fighting Championship. This may have had to been investigated by child protective services. Clint was going to call CPS when Billie heard of it, so, he said, she called first and reported that Hailey had seen a mushroom at his brother's house. She thought she could be the first to call, to deflect attention away from her.

Billie Dunn scarred by burning her own son's back the words "tap out" with an acid-like chemical after putting in "UFC".

It is not likely that Billie Dunn will be "Mother of the Year" anytime soon. What would the Somer Thompson foundation think of this? Did they consider supporting Clint, who searched, rather than Billie, who didn't?

Clint also reported that Shawn had a serious jealously issue. He was especially incensed when Billie took a new job...

as a stripper.

read more>

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2011/02/excl.html
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:07 am

I'm so hoping that Hailey has really just run away. Who would blame her if she had?
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Monday, February 07, 2011
Hailey's Father Backs Stranger Theory

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2011/02/haileys-father-backs-stranger-theory.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next